Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL Comics Library » Change Request Discussion » CCL Change Request System v2.0 Guide
MrMiracle
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:30:10 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
Comments and Suggestions Invited

This Topic
Post your questions here, but understand that I clean this topic out when items are integrated. I intend on turning this into a passable guide to CR2. For more complete discussion of CR2, please post to other topics.

This guide offers a first place to go for answers on the Hows and Whys of CCL's Change Request System 2.0 [CR2] change request system.

CR2 In Brief
CR2 allows users to create, manage and complete proposed additions and edits to CCL's master catalog.

For the current release of CR2, you will only be able to create Add Issue, Add Variant and Edit Issue change requests. Other change requests will need to be submitted using the old system.

Among the most important changes in CR2 is the ability for certain members of CCL to approve changes. This does not affect the old change request system.

Update JAN 06, 2009
Add Variant and Add Issue Change Requests should be done through CR2.
Add Variant and Add Issue change requests submitted through the existing system may be rejected.

Update SEP 24, 2008
Please use the web for Edit Issue change requests.
Edit Issue change requests submitted through the existing system may be rejected.

The change requests in CR2 are entirely separate from those in the old system. The "View All Change Requests" and "My Change Requests" pages will not include any requests made in the CR2 system. The CR2 Beta interface (the Change Request Manager) will not have any requests submitted from the old system. If you don't find what you're expecting, check that you're looking in the right list.

Getting Started - Adding an Issue, Adding a Variant
To create an Add Issue Change Request, you will need to navigate to the Cover Title Page of the Cover Title to which the issue will be added.

When you are on the Cover Title Page, click the Add Missing Issue Icon below the cover title description. This will take you to the cover title's Add Issue Page (a form where the cover image and the most important details of an issue can be entered) .

To create an Add Variant Change Request, you will need to navigate to the Issue Page of an existing issue that will be used as the base for the Variant.

When you are on the Issue Page, click the Add Missing Variant Icon to the right of the navigation tabs. This will take you to the issue's Add Variant Page (a form where the cover image can be uploaded and the most important details of the "base" issue are copied and can be editted).

Getting Started - Editing an Issue
To create an Edit Issue Change Request, you will need to navigate to the Issue Page of the issue you wish to change.

When you are on the Issue Page, click the Edit Icon to the right of the navigation tabs. This will take you to the issue's Issue Edit Page (a page that looks like the Issue Page but offers the user change request related actions such as voting and change request commenting) .

In the software, you can begin a Change by using the Change Request button to navigate to the Issue Edit Page of the item you want to change

From the Issue Edit Page, you can select the Edit Icon corresponding to the desired Issue Section. An Issue Section is a separately editable portion of the issue data. There are 9 Issue Sections (Item Data, Image, Item Bio,
Publishers, Story Arcs, Artists, Editors, Writers and Characters
). The Issue Sections can be edited separately but all edits to an issue are gathered into a single Change.

Please, use the Cancel button in a section rather than the back button. In general, we strongly discourage the use of the back button in edit mode.

While a Change exists on an issue, the submitter or an approver can edit the Change (including changing Issue Sections that were not originally changed). However, anyone other than the submitter or an approver can not edit the Change nor can they begin a new Change on that issue.

Icons

• Pad with Pencil – Issue can be editted. Click to go to the Issue Edit Page.

• Pad with Check Box – There is an existing change request.

• Pad alone – You are on the Issue Edit Page. Clicking the icon will return you to the Issue Page (live/normal/non-edit mode).

CR2 will not stop you from working on more than one change request at a time, but doing so is known to result in data loss. Therefore, work with only one change request at a time.

Item Data (Item Details/Edit Issue Detail)

Number/Non-Number
Most of the time the number will be the issue number, sequential item number etc. Sometimes, the publisher will have a number that is not a typical number. In these cases, select "Non Number" and enter the value.

If, as happens sometimes, the cover shows a number that is different than the CCL issue number. (00 or 000 where the Issue Number is 0 for instance; or in the challenging world of annuals where an issue number is given as 1, but the CCL system disagrees, numbering it 2002) enter the number into the non-number field surrounded by apostrophes ('00', '000' and '1' respectively)

Number/Variant
The number and variant can be changed, but the combination of number-variant must be unique to the title. Ideally, the variant should either indicated on the cover or otherwise publicly specified by the publisher. Lacking this, it should be the first available letter.

Printing
The printing/editiion using 1 for first, 2 for second and so on. If not known, use 1

Cover Date
This should be the date of publication (not the sale/release date). This is usually simply a month-year for US Comic Books and Magazines and a year for other books. Also, for weekly/bi-weekly, the current standard is still to use the first of the month. For other merchandise, January 1st of the year is sufficient.

Select "Unknown" if the cover date is not known.

Sale Date
This should be the date the item went on sale (if this can be publicly verified)

Select "Unknown" if the sale date is not known.

Caption
A short caption specific to the packaging of this variant, used primarily to help distinguish items with the same number but different variants from each other.

Content Rating
If the item has a content rating on its cover, please include this. Otherwise, leave this blank.

Adult Cover
Select this is the cover image contains either nudity or overt sexual content. Any image that exists for this cover will be purged from our system until we have an age verification system in place. Covers will not be able to be loaded if Adult Cover is selected.

CR Manager
To review Changes, there is a CR 2.0 Beta link at the bottom of the My Account links in the navigation area to the left (under the link to the change request guidelines). This will take you to the current version of the Change Request Manager. Here you can sort and view edits based on your selection criteria. Click on the "Vote" or "View" links to the right of the desired Change to view the proposed changes.

Th view comments for a completes approval, there is a "comments" link to the left of the comment count. Clicking this link will show the comments for the change request (but not the data) in the column on the right.

Approving
For Approvers, the process of approving has two steps. First, Locking for Approval keeps anyone from making any further edits until you have Approved or Rejected the Change or the lock is cancelled. Second, completing the Approval by selecting the "Approve" or "Reject" buttons in the Approval panel.

First: If there is an active (not yet approved or rejected) Change for an issue, there will be a "Lock for Approval" button in the right column.

Next: After clicking the "Lock for Approval" button, the page will show a panel with a text box for a comment and "Approve" and "Reject" buttons. Selecting one of these buttons completes the approval process. Also, there is a "Cancel Approval Lock" button that returns the change request to an unlocked/editable state.

Users can still earn contributor points in CR2. When a request gets approved or rejected, the points for the submitters and voters will be applied.

For submissions, the points values will remain the same.

• Add Issue/Variant/Cover Title - 20 points
  • Edit Issue/Cover Title - 10 points
  • Add/Edit Publisher/Character/Story Arc/Artist/Editor/Writer - 5 points

For voting, the points in the old system awarded 2 points. In the new system, they will be worth 1 point.

Note: When a change is modified, the votes are thrown out and not counted. Vote points will only be applied if the change is not modified before it is approved.

Future Plans
    In the next release, Add Cover Title and Edit Cover Title will be added. Following that, a replacement of the list change request system and implementation of the data merge processes.

CR2 CCL Supervisors
    Joe
    the_valiant_one
    MrMiracle

Community Approvers

can be found here:
    http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=22896
  • Settle down beavis.

Rules - binary solo....
    tpw84101
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:05:50 AM
    Groups: Member
    OK, I am trying to add an issue, but when it is not letting me hit the 'SAVE' button unless I click the 'Adult Cover' box, but it is not an adult cover. What am I doing wrong? Or do I have to hit that and have the issue approved before the actual image can be added?
    comicscastle
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:15:18 AM
    Groups: Member
    tpw84101 wrote:
    OK, I am trying to add an issue, but when it is not letting me hit the 'SAVE' button unless I click the 'Adult Cover' box, but it is not an adult cover. What am I doing wrong? Or do I have to hit that and have the issue approved before the actual image can be added?
    You can't add a book without a cover. It sounds like you failed to add a cover scan. That can be done at the top of the page. Make sure the image is properly cropped and not watermarked. If you have further problems drop me a PM with the details of what you're trying to add and I'll try to help you out. Good luck.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
    Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
    Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe