Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL Comics Library » Change Request Discussion » Official Ruling: Publishers
MrMiracle
Friday, January 02, 2009 12:43:07 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
sgriffin wrote:

There are three places where publishers are recorded:
A - Publisher field on the Cover Title - only one publisher may be selected
B - Title Description on the Cover Title - since this is free text, anything may be entered
C - Publishers field on individual issues - multiple publishers may be selected here

What goes in each place for the variety of imprint books like Vertigo or Homage?
A - The "most prominent" publisher. For most imprint books, this should be the imprint itself, such as Vertigo.
B - All significant publishers. For Vertigo books, this would be Vertigo and DC.
C - Every publisher associated with a single issue

How do we select which publisher to use for books which moved from publisher to publisher over the years, like Uncle Scrooge or Turok?
A - The "most prominent" publisher. For books that migrated over the years, this may be a judgement call. If the book is current, generally use the current publisher. If the book has ended its run, the longest running publisher may be more prominent.
B - All significant publishers, as is done now on Walt Disney's Comics and Stories.

In a similar case, what about Imprints that moved from publisher to publisher, like WildStorm? Some books in the run may have been published by Image, some by DC, and all may have WildStorm attached to them.
A - The "most prominent" publisher would usually be the imprint. May be a judgement call.
B - All significant publishers, including the imprint and parent companies.

Do Whitman editions of DC/Gold Key books get special treatment and if so, what?
C - Include both the regular publisher and Whitman on the Whitman variants.

What about one-off joint editions like Jayco variants or Wizard 1/2 issues?
C - Include both the regular publisher and the joint publisher on the individual issues.

The_Valiant_One wrote:
I'm golden with all these.

Settle down beavis.

Rules - binary solo....
SwiftMann
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:15:58 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member
Bump.

This recently came up in a CR. These need to be added to the guidelines if they haven't already.
SwiftMann
Tuesday, September 08, 2009 1:54:46 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member
Bumping again.
comicscastle
Tuesday, September 08, 2009 11:40:22 PM
Groups: Member
no more bumping. it's now sticky.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

The_Valiant_One
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:10:48 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
MrMiracle wrote:
sgriffin wrote:

There are three places where publishers are recorded:
A - Publisher field on the Cover Title - only one publisher may be selected
B - Title Description on the Cover Title - since this is free text, anything may be entered
C - Publishers field on individual issues - multiple publishers may be selected here

What goes in each place for the variety of imprint books like Vertigo or Homage?
A - The "most prominent" publisher. For most imprint books, this should be the imprint itself, such as Vertigo.
B - All significant publishers. For Vertigo books, this would be Vertigo and DC.

How do we select which publisher to use for books which moved from publisher to publisher over the years, like Uncle Scrooge or Turok?
A - The "most prominent" publisher. For books that migrated over the years, this may be a judgement call. If the book is current, generally use the current publisher. If the book has ended its run, the longest running publisher may be more prominent.
B - All significant publishers, as is done now on Walt Disney's Comics and Stories.

In a similar case, what about Imprints that moved from publisher to publisher, like WildStorm? Some books in the run may have been published by Image, some by DC, and all may have WildStorm attached to them.
A - The "most prominent" publisher would usually be the imprint. May be a judgement call.
B - All significant publishers, including the imprint and parent companies.

Do Whitman editions of DC/Gold Key books get special treatment and if so, what?
C - Include both the regular publisher and Whitman on the Whitman variants.

What about one-off joint editions like Jayco variants or Wizard 1/2 issues?
C - Include both the regular publisher and the joint publisher on the individual issues.

The_Valiant_One wrote:
I'm golden with all these.

Tackling this subject for final nail down to the Guidelines. Has this been worded to everyone's liking for addition, or do we need to readdress?

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
comicscastle
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:29:43 PM
Groups: Member
this has been sitting since January with no comments, so I say it's good to go.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

The_Valiant_One
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:55:43 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Good enough! This has now been added to the Guidelines as well. :)

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
4saken1
Saturday, December 25, 2010 12:42:06 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
How do you get a publisher added to the list of key publishers? I tried to add an underground book to the list, but the publisher wasn't there. I tried putting it in the 'Caption' section, but I guess you have to use one that's in the 'search' database, otherwise your request gets rejected automatically.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
Xylob
Saturday, December 25, 2010 2:39:13 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
you have to submit a CR for a new publisher.
go to the Change Request Manager, under "Library Additions" click "New Publisher"
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
4saken1
Saturday, December 25, 2010 8:44:40 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Thanks!
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).