Citizenship:
Place of Birth:
Known Relatives:
Group Affiliations:
Known Allies:
Known Enemies:
Base of Operations:
Education:
1st Appearance:Journey Into Mystery #83 (1962)
Origin:
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 640 lbs.
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blonde

Powers/Weapons:

Godlike strength, speed, endurance and resistance to injury
Mastery over the elements of storm
The enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir, which can project mystical energy,opens
interdimensional gateways, and gives Thor power of flight

History:

Thor is the son of Odin, longtime ruler of Asgard. Raised alongside Odin's adopted son Loki, Thor was heir apparent to the realm of the Norse gods. As a teen, his exploits were legendary. When Thor reached adulthood, Odin presented him with the mystic Uru hammer Mjolnir, which remains the Thunder God's symbol of power to this day.

Although fearless in battle, Thor was headstrong and impulsive, and nearly precipitated a war between the gods of Asgard and the Frost Giants of Jotunheim by violating a truce between the two worlds. Intent on teaching Thor a lesson in humility, Odin banished his favored son to Earth- removing all memories of his godhood and entrapping him for more than a decade in the guise of a handicapped mortal, Dr. Donald Blake.

Odin compelled his son to travel to Norway. Fleeing from danger, Blake became trapped in a cave, where he discovered a gnarled wooden cane. Striking the cane in anger against an immovable boulder, Thor was restored to his godly form, and the cane was revealed to be Mjolnir. By tapping the stick or the hammer on the ground Thor was able to transform from Blake to Thor at will. A god on Earth, Thor sought out other warriors of his mettle, and helped found the Avengers.

Thor has served with the Avengers for years, occasionally taking leaves of absence to deal with matters in Asgard. Thanks to his high profile as one of Earth's mightiest heroes, he is well-known and trusted by the general populace. Few believe he truly is the Asgardian God of Thunder.

In his dealings with humans, Thor has learned the bittersweet blessing of immortality. he has seen those he cares for become sick and die, while he has yet to age a day in their eyes. It is a burden that weighs heavily on the Thunder Gods' shoulders and often causes him to withdraw from close friendships, as he knows they will be brief by his reconing.

Many of Thor's battles on Earth and Asgard have resulted from schemes of his adopted brother. Alternately, Loki has attempted either to humiliate or kill Thor, hoping to supersede the Thunder God as heir to the Asgardian throne. Along with Loki's meddling, Thor has also faced tests initiated by Odin to determine his readiness and ability to one day rule in his father's place.

Despite these tests, Thor felt completely unprepared to take the throne in the wake of Odin's death in battle. Following a period of self-doubt and mourning, Thor took up Odin's crown and scepter, reluctantly carrying on his father's legacy as ruler of the gods. The humility and compassion learned during years of exile on Earth enable Thor to rule in a manner that would do Odin proud.

R.I.P. Morgan Anthony Jacques

R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

** Make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules **:HERE
jamnloki
Sunday, December 23, 2007 11:50:19 PM
Groups: Guru, Member

R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

The_Ghost
Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:26:54 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
jamnloki
Thursday, December 27, 2007 10:05:47 PM
Groups: Guru, Member

R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

starwarsfarmboy
Thursday, August 07, 2008 1:45:27 AM
Groups: Member
jamnloki wrote:

Nice picture. Where did you get that?