Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Marvel Characters » Wolverine
Warpath72
Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:20:26 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Wolverine
Created by: Len Wein (writer), John Romita, Sr. (artist) -- with some input by Incredible Hulk illustrator Herb Trimpe

[image here]

Aliases: Logan, Patch, Weapon X
Identity:
Citizenship:
Place of Birth:
Known Relatives:
Group Affiliations:
Known Allies:
Known Enemies: Sabretooth
Base of Operations:
Education:
1st Appearance: Incredible Hulk #180-181 (October 1974)

Origin:
Height:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:

Powers/Weapons:

History:

James Howlett was born in Alberta Canada to John and Elizabeth Howlett. James is a small sick child and his parents hire Rose to take care of him and keep him happy. When James is allowed to go outside, he and Rose play with Thomas Logan's son Dog Logan. Thomas is the groundskeeper for the Howletts. Dog attempts to force himself on Rose and kills James dog. This anger John Howlett and he throws Thomas and his son off the property, firing him. Thomas, angry and drunk breaks into the Howlett home. James is awakened by the sound and walks into his parents bedroom and sees his father shot down by Thomas. James, enraged extends his claws for the first time killing Thomas and slashing Dog across the face. Elizabeth Howlett, after seeing her husband killed and her sons claws, kills herself. Rose takes James and runs into the woods. Here they move to British Columbia but Dog, who has woken up, blames all the killings on Rose. James has no memory of the events due to the trauma and Rose covers their tracks by giving him the name Logan and saying that she and him are cousins. Logan, working at as a miner, develops his mutant powers and is given the nickname "Wolverine" by his co-workers. Dog eventually finds Logan and Rose on behalf of Logans grandfather who wants to see his grandson one last time. Dog still holds a grudge against Logan and the two fight. Logan attempts to extend his claws and Rose is knocked into the crowd, impaling herself. Logan, driven mad, runs away and lives in the woods, becoming feral.

QUESTIONS:
Go on the warpath at TWR Comics!!!!!!

TWR stands for Team Warpath Racing...
Check out some of my Youtube videos of building the big-block for the project Camaro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjw61TK2YgE
alien_duckling
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:07:14 AM
Groups: Member
Awaiting the new Wolverine solo flick and kudos to whomever cast Hugh Jackman in the role. Sadly tho', I expect that Hollywood will screw this one up big time. Liking the 'Weapon X' angle, but refreshing to get some of the skinny from Logan's childhood. (See Wolverine # 25, if I'm not mistaken.)

spidey0vs0venom
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:28:28 PM
It should be interesting. It takes place before the X-men movies right?
alien_duckling
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:17:30 PM
spidey0vs0venom wrote:
It should be interesting. It takes place before the X-men movies right?

Yes, from what I understand it does predate the X-Men. More of a back story on Stryker and his involvement, more details along the lines of the MCP "Weapon X" storyline. They're even talking to Tyler Mane about Sabertooth's involvement, all predating Professor X.

CosmicAvenger
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:20:11 PM
Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member
I just hope they are not trying to squeeze out a movie because of his popularity. I also hope they don't try to show any of his childhood history because I think it is too complex and they will try to dumb it down by changing it. If they do the Weapon X story, and maybe even some Sabretooth, Maverick etc. action that would be cool.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
PCU
Saturday, October 13, 2007 10:52:34 PM
I freakin' LOVE Wolverine...I'm just sayin'
Patrick;)
bigugly07
Sunday, November 04, 2007 1:30:21 PM
CosmicAvenger wrote:
I just hope they are not trying to squeeze out a movie because of his popularity. I also hope they don't try to show any of his childhood history because I think it is too complex and they will try to dumb it down by changing it. If they do the Weapon X story, and maybe even some Sabretooth, Maverick etc. action that would be cool.

They've cast a kid Logan. So they will do some childhood in the movie.

What issue is this history from? It seems a little confusing. Was he born with claws? I thought all he was born with was senses and healing... How could he extend his claws as a kid?
Favorite Heroes:
IRON MAN
Thor
Captain America
Silver Surfer
Nova
Batman
Green Lantern
BurningDoom
Sunday, November 04, 2007 1:35:12 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
bigugly07 wrote:
CosmicAvenger wrote:

They've cast a kid Logan. So they will do some childhood in the movie.

What issue is this history from? It seems a little confusing. Was he born with claws? I thought all he was born with was senses and healing... How could he extend his claws as a kid?

In Wolverine: Origins (The Mini-Series), his early history was finally revealed. In it Logan (aka James Howlett, thanks to this story as well), developed both uncanny senses and bone claws when his Mutant powers appeared. They explain him not remembering this because of the amnesia he got when the Adamantium was bonded to his skeleton.

-Nate-
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicnutz
Sunday, November 04, 2007 1:36:53 PM
Believe this synopsis is from Wolverine Origin ... and he originally had bone claws (later covered with adamantium, of course)
bigugly07
Sunday, November 04, 2007 1:38:49 PM
ah okay, thanks. It doesn't give a year all this happened, does it?
Favorite Heroes:
IRON MAN
Thor
Captain America
Silver Surfer
Nova
Batman
Green Lantern
bgunsta
Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:39:39 PM
yes but it was reaveled in X-Men after magneto pulled all the adamantium out of him at the end of the story arc somewhere hes sittin at a treee talkin to somebody (sorry cant remember more specifics) and he pops his claws and its a full page of his bloody bone claws and says something to the efect of "i musta had em all along"
"I been browsin and inspectin X-Men comics ya Know i collect them, like the pens in my pocket i must protect them."
bgunsta
Thursday, November 29, 2007 10:18:33 PM
in wolerine vol 2 #145 he gets his adamantium back ill look for when he lost it
"I been browsin and inspectin X-Men comics ya Know i collect them, like the pens in my pocket i must protect them."
loganzak
Sunday, July 06, 2008 1:23:50 AM
Marvel will probably make the movie them selves and lease it out like George Lucus did with StarWars. They did that with Iron Man and the new Hulk movie so it should be like it was intended to be. I also heard that Liev Schrieber will play Sabretooth not the same guy in X-men 1.
Colbert '08 (And So Can You)
Jim
Sunday, July 06, 2008 1:26:22 AM
loganzak wrote:
Marvel will probably make the movie them selves and lease it out like George Lucus did with StarWars. They did that with Iron Man and the new Hulk movie so it should be like it was intended to be. I also heard that Liev Schrieber will play Sabretooth not the same guy in X-men 1.

There are already photos of Liev Schrieber as Sabretooth on the internet.

Warpath72
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 1:43:02 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Wow! Not sure what to say about that... Straight Face
Go on the warpath at TWR Comics!!!!!!

TWR stands for Team Warpath Racing...
Check out some of my Youtube videos of building the big-block for the project Camaro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjw61TK2YgE
starwarsfarmboy
Sunday, July 20, 2008 11:51:14 AM
Yeah not exactly as I imagined. I think the first sabretooth seemed better.
Raziel84
Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:53:30 AM
Well if anyone is wondering Wolverine lost his adamantium in the 1991 run of X-men issue #25 the 1988 Wolverine run has another issue that goes with it both have holograms on the cover.I love wolverine but I wish they would turn down his HF back to the way it was in the old days.Just my opinion still great hero.
jeffjeff1
Wednesday, August 07, 2013 6:57:42 PM
Yeah that was from the origin story. The new movie is based on the Wolverine comics where he is in Japan and where they know him as Patch.
rook68
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:48:59 PM
I know this is a Wolverine thread but I couldn't find an X-men one. But I am going to talk about Lady Deathstrike. In a way, it is kind of appropriate to talk about her in here. She is kind of linked to Wolverine after all. Battling her in the comics a few times and even apparently killing her in the X-men X2 movie.
So here I go. As one of the background villians. I feel she is very underrated. I like the new duds too. She looks like one of the Dias De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) statues.
I think she is X-23 before there was an X-23. Her first appearance in Daredevil as a regular person (was it #137, not sure) and in costume Alpha Flight #33 are issues that are undervalued that can be easily bought for 3 to 4 bucks. I totally like her better than Electra and DC's Lady Shiva. Cheshire comes a close second but Lady Deathstrike is on top.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

rook68
Friday, January 24, 2014 11:41:21 AM
Been reading Uncanny Avengers. Wolverine takes some punishment. What did Wolverine ever do to Remender? Lol.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson