Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Desktop Software » "The program Comic Collector Live has encountered a problem and needs to close"

"The program Comic Collector Live has encountered a problem and needs to close"

2 pages: 1 [2]
The_Valiant_One
Friday, July 02, 2010 7:46:14 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Empires wrote:
Well I used the program and I'm bumpping into problems with Mocrosoft NET. Not sure what the problem is but I may have to dump out of the site. Way earlier than I wanted to. Ugh.

WHOAH! What kind of problems are you having? Someone might be able to help.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
Empires
Tuesday, July 06, 2010 2:55:03 PM
Groups: Member
Thanks. I downloaded the program, subscribed but, it seemingly kicked me out. Everything at my end except the program seems to run ok. I set up a store, but can't seem to get into it to upload items. Thanks in advance for your help.

Appears to be the same problem that Bluegrass Comics is having. Should I redownload the program? Response from Mods seems slow. The problem occurs when attempting to initialize.
jasonrvs
Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:37:42 AM
fenglingling wrote:
Thanks a lot for ur sharing.
It's really helpful for me

CLEVERLY DISGUISED SPAM! Please remove. And hopefully you kill the account as well...
KingZombie
Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:57:03 PM
Joe wrote:
BluegrassComics wrote:

This is the Fatal Error that I get. I can confirm it only occurs if you are trying to load another program to memory while you launch CCL. It appears it can be any program and it will error. I tried 5 times in a row with five different programs and it gave the same error every time. Then I did it three times in a row with no errors, but CCL was the only program loading.

Thanks for the detailed info. This will be put on a bug list and fixed next upgrade.

I'm still getting this error message. At first it seemed like it happened because I had other programs open but lately I'm getting it more frequently and tonight it keeps popping up no matter what I do. Is there a fix for this yet?
KingZombie
Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:15:50 PM
Hello???? Still having this issue! Anybody out there?
saintmica
Thursday, February 03, 2011 9:59:26 PM
I was wondering whether or not paying $30 for the software would be worth it. After seeing the lack of support around here it's obvious that could be a huge waste. Sorry for your guys' troubles... but I'm out of here.
The_Valiant_One
Saturday, February 05, 2011 4:16:42 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
saintmica wrote:
I was wondering whether or not paying $30 for the software would be worth it. After seeing the lack of support around here it's obvious that could be a huge waste. Sorry for your guys' troubles... but I'm out of here.

Tough room. These are posts over the last several MONTHS, I might add.

Plus, please notice that the last post for this is on January 22nd. That's because I've been working with this member personally via email and private message, including the day I'm not in the office.

We have been in constant contact for the last several days...getting screen shots and information and what not to find a solution for this issue. I even post my cellphone number in the forums as well.

Short of being over your shoulder, we do the best we can do. Sorry you feel that way.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
Joe
Saturday, February 05, 2011 9:53:12 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
Steve,

Appreciate your support on and off the job over the last couple of weeks on this.

If anyone else is having trouble, don't hesitate to call us at 615-264-4747. We are there during regular business hours Monday thru Friday.

Hate to lose a saint like mica. We are working with limited staff, but we try to take all our calls.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747

redsox0407
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 6:05:58 PM
I get the same fatal error, tried the utlity fix with no luck. Also can't run live update or shop. Tried calling the number and it says the offices are closed. I've tried 6 times today for tech support, and left a vm each time. I would really love a call back, anytime tonight would be great.
tfoss1983
Monday, May 26, 2014 3:24:39 PM
I just installed CCL on my new desktop, and keep getting a "Comic Collector Live has stopped working" error, and the program crashes about halfway through starting. Running 64-bit Windows 7. I don't have any problems with the program on my laptop, which has the same OS. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, running the cleanup, restarting, reinstalling from the .msi file instead of the setup.exe, to no avail.

Any advice?

Edit: I tried running it in compatibility mode (XP and Vista), and got it to work, but still got the error. So it will run, but with that error message constantly over the top of it, and if I close that error message, the program closes.
comicscastle
Monday, May 26, 2014 5:24:09 PM
tfoss1983 wrote:
I just installed CCL on my new desktop, and keep getting a "Comic Collector Live has stopped working" error, and the program crashes about halfway through starting. Running 64-bit Windows 7. I don't have any problems with the program on my laptop, which has the same OS. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling, running the cleanup, restarting, reinstalling from the .msi file instead of the setup.exe, to no avail.

Any advice?

Edit: I tried running it in compatibility mode (XP and Vista), and got it to work, but still got the error. So it will run, but with that error message constantly over the top of it, and if I close that error message, the program closes.
Send a message to the help desk so they will see it when they come back to work tomorrow.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

Joe
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:15:03 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
tfoss1983 wrote:

Any advice?

Try turning off your anti virus, and any backup programs that may be running (such as cobalt). and see if that doesn't resolve the problem. If it does, then just add CCL.exe as a safe program, and schedule your backup program to backup CCL database when you are not using the program.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747

tfoss1983
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:35:20 PM
Disabling my antivirus (AVG free) didn't have any effect. I don't think I have any backup software running. It's weird, because the update goes through, the popup help topics window shows up, even the little corner popup about my available items in the marketplace activates, but the screen for the main window just goes white and that error message pops up.

How do I contact the help desk? The comiccollectorlive.com/help link leads to a dead page.
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:55:39 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
tfoss1983 wrote:
How do I contact the help desk?

Hi, try this:

helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

or

steve@golocomedia.com

If you need more immediate support call: 615-264-4747
Ask for Steve or Joe

Someone should be able to help!

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations