Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Life Outside of Comics » Comic Collectors Anonymous » My Car Was Broken Into
BurningDoom
Monday, January 12, 2015 2:53:46 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
So my car was broken into. At the car shop. Took out the side paneling on the door, tore apart my center console, stole my stereo and CD collection, and left a screwdriver jammed in my ignition.

The car has full coverage, so it's not so bad. But about 100 CDs out of my collection are now gone, we're down a car for who knows how long, and my deductible goes up. Lucky me.

And we just paid $1200 for a heater core replacement.

— feeling (banned) off.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
padreglcc
Monday, January 12, 2015 3:27:48 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator
Yikes! That sucks, dude. Praying the situation gets resolved for you quickly.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Problems with the CCL Software or Website? Contact the CCL Helpdesk:
Email: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Phone: 615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Make sure you understand the Forum Rules
Shadowdodger
Monday, January 12, 2015 3:28:03 PM
Groups: Member
Bro, that sucks. I'm sorry that happened to you. Is the car shop liable for anything since it was in their care when it happened?
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
MoonKnight1
Monday, January 12, 2015 3:28:52 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Ooh, that's a tough one, my friend.

Why does your deductible go up, that makes no sense. What's the deal with the car shop? Aren't they liable for that sort of thing?

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
padreglcc
Monday, January 12, 2015 3:29:49 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Why does your deductible go up, that makes no sense.

+1. It's not like you were in an accident or that this was your fault.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

BurningDoom
Monday, January 12, 2015 3:44:21 PM
Because it's insurance and they're crooks. It's often not your fault in an accident either, hence the word "accident".

And no, our own insurance (full coverage) told us that it's no different getting broke into at the shop than it is at home. I would've thought they'd be liable, as well.
pottersan
Monday, January 12, 2015 3:54:11 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
BurningDoom wrote:
Because it's insurance and they're crooks. It's often not your fault in an accident either, hence the word "accident".

And no, our own insurance (full coverage) told us that it's no different getting broke into at the shop than it is at home. I would've thought they'd be liable, as well.

Doom, do you still have list of CDs I was getting rid of?

If so, let me know if you need any replacements...for free of course....

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

BurningDoom
Monday, January 12, 2015 3:55:02 PM
pottersan wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Thanks for the offer. But you've already done more than enough to make up for that situation. You're quite generous.
SuperSoldier124
Monday, January 12, 2015 5:10:31 PM
Wow! That's super sh!ty, man! You didn't back up your collection digitally? Also, who's your insurance company? they sound extremely crappy!
add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

SpidermanGeek
Monday, January 12, 2015 8:44:18 PM
Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member
BurningDoom wrote:
So my car was broken into. At the car shop. Took out the side paneling on the door, tore apart my center console, stole my stereo and CD collection, and left a screwdriver jammed in my ignition.

The car has full coverage, so it's not so bad. But about 100 CDs out of my collection are now gone, we're down a car for who knows how long, and my deductible goes up. Lucky me.

— feeling (banned) off.

Sucks Nate, but two things...

1. 100 CDs in your car? Jeebus man. I haven't carried a CD in my car in years. Time to invest in a stereo with a USB or iPod jack.

2. $1200 for a heater core replacement? What kind of car do you drive?

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
fenix1977
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:09:47 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Any way you can list the cd's that went walk about? If I have any I will put them on a flash drive and mail it out for ya.
SuperSoldier124
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:07:40 AM
SpidermanGeek wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

— feeling (banned) off.

1. 100 CDs in your car? Jeebus man. I haven't carried a CD in my car in years. Time to invest in a stereo with a USB or iPod jack.

right? they scammed you hard bro. i did mine in my truck my self for like 400 bucks or something like that a few years back.

padreglcc
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:28:28 AM
fenix1977 wrote:
Any way you can list the cd's that went walk about? If I have any I will put them on a flash drive and mail it out for ya.

+1

Thundercron
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:37:49 AM
Shop at My Store
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

— feeling (banned) off.

right? they scammed you hard bro. i did mine in my truck my self for like 400 bucks or something like that a few years back.

Heater core went out on my 1998 Dodge Neon a while back. Shops were quoting me about $850. Friend of mine has a shop he runs out of his garage, and he did it for $550.
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:10:03 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
padreglcc wrote:
fenix1977 wrote:

+1

I don't know if our musical tastes overlap much Nate, but if I can help replace some CD's I would be glad to help. Post a list and I'll see what I have.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
pottersan
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:39:17 AM
Shop at My Store
BurningDoom wrote:
pottersan wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Thanks for the offer. But you've already done more than enough to make up for that situation. You're quite generous.

Natedog,

You would actually be helping ME by getting rid of these!

I already copied them and would love to find them a good home....

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

BurningDoom
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 11:10:40 AM
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

— feeling (banned) off.

2004 Dodge Neon. It's not the part that cost so much, it was the labor. They had to take apart my entire dash and the top half of my motor to get to it.
padreglcc
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 11:47:47 AM
BurningDoom wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

— feeling (banned) off.

2004 Dodge Neon. It's not the part that cost so much, it was the labor. They had to take apart my entire dash and the top half of my motor to get to it.

Had the same problem with an 78 Mustang. Had to take the hood off, the engine block out, and rip apart half the dash to get to the core. Fortunately, I had a mechanic in my dad's church volunteer to help me.

SpidermanGeek
Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:37:26 PM
Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member
BurningDoom wrote:

Yeah, just looked on youtube. Dodge engineering at its finest.

Taking the dash apart is one thing, but on this particular car you need to completely take the dash out, including the steering column and steel crossbrace. WTF? **facepalm**

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
SuperSoldier124
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:38:35 AM
SpidermanGeek wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Yeah, just looked on youtube. Dodge engineering at its finest.

Taking the dash apart is one thing, but on this particular car you need to completely take the dash out, including the steering column and steel crossbrace. WTF? **facepalm**

yeah my trucks a 2000 ram 1500... my dash is broke all to hell when i replaced it. dodge has the better truck but yeah the dash (banned) me off