Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » DC Comics » Multiversity Thread
BurningDoom
Friday, September 19, 2014 1:00:36 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member

The first issue REALLY pulled me in. Great writing my Morrison that isn't overly-convoluted like Final Crisis was.

And the latest issue is another really cool Multiversity issue. Basically a JSA story set in a 1920s adventure setting.

What did you guys think of it?
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Friday, September 19, 2014 1:24:00 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
The first one was pretty OK, a bit corny in places.
I flipped through SOS at the LCS, but didn't pick it up... I don't know if I'll stick with Multiversity. It's just a bit blah to me so far.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
padreglcc
Friday, September 19, 2014 1:39:21 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Really enjoyed both issues. I'm a big alternate realities fan from way back... "What If...?" was one of my favorite books back in the day and I've always enjoyed Elsewords stories. This is like that, but set in the current DC multiverse. Love it. As long as Morrison doesn't get distracted and leave me feeling like I'm missing panels of info (as was the case in his X-Men run a few years back), I'm sticking with Multiversity.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Problems with the CCL Software or Website? Contact the CCL Helpdesk:
Email: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Phone: 615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Make sure you understand the Forum Rules
Xylob
Friday, September 19, 2014 2:55:34 PM
padreglcc wrote:
...I'm a big alternate realities fan from way back...
Me too - I was really looking forward to this, despite the fact that Morrison was the writer. So far I'm just underwhelmed.
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
padreglcc
Friday, September 19, 2014 3:52:38 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Xylob wrote:
padreglcc wrote:
Me too - I was really looking forward to this, despite the fact that Morrison was the writer. So far I'm just underwhelmed.

I think it's hard to build toward something with a series of one-shots. Hopefully he'll get on a roll.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

raima55
Saturday, October 25, 2014 6:21:40 AM
Groups: Member
I found them, thanks! This is great work, and will save me a lot of effort. :)
raima
Xylob
Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:11:55 AM
padreglcc wrote:
Xylob wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

I think it's hard to build toward something with a series of one-shots. Hopefully he'll get on a roll.
How many are there supposed to be? This is still going nowhere fast...
Sleepy
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

ratrapp
Saturday, October 25, 2014 2:13:47 PM
the first issue was enough for me.
padreglcc
Saturday, October 25, 2014 2:32:13 PM
Xylob wrote:
padreglcc wrote:
Xylob wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

How many are there supposed to be? This is still going nowhere fast...
Sleepy

I think there are 8 all together? 6 one-shots plus issues #1 & 2 of Multiversity to wrap do wraparound. But I'm not entirely sure on that.

jsoto66
Thursday, May 07, 2015 12:01:50 AM
So...what happened with this big story people were clamoring for ? It was like 6 years Grant kept talking about it, and the internets were all like "GIVE IT TO US IT SOUNDS KEWL!"

Not one post since October? Come on, let us who dont bathe in Morrison's glory know how it ended up. I hear there were vampires and a TOTALLY META message to you, the reader.
DaLeah96
Thursday, May 07, 2015 8:19:25 AM
Groups: Guru, Member, Reviews Host
jsoto66 wrote:
So...what happened with this big story people were clamoring for ? It was like 6 years Grant kept talking about it, and the internets were all like "GIVE IT TO US IT SOUNDS KEWL!"

Not one post since October? Come on, let us who dont bathe in Morrison's glory know how it ended up. I hear there were vampires and a TOTALLY META message to you, the reader.

Individual issues ranged from "Above Average" to "Pathetic", with nothing IMO being outstanding. I kept reading through it all mainly because I usually get into the alternate universe stories, but this really was Morrison at his worst. Final issue being a complete let down.Sick

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here.
Xylob
Thursday, May 07, 2015 5:46:02 PM
yeah.... nothing about that last post surprises me in any way
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747