Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Music, Video Games, and Other Media » Video Game Reviews
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:35:54 PM
Groups: Member
A friend of mine gave me his PS2. I need to buy Silent Hill (all the parts), and RE as well. But I'm curious about those games can be played on PS3,no matter what generation it is? Confused
mrhaddock
Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:57:19 PM
It will if your ps3 has the backwards compatability the erlier models did but then they dropped it shortly after thhe systems were released
BurningDoom
Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:03:12 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member

Just finished a complete straight play-through of the King's Field series. Such a freaking awesome series. I started with an English translation of the original Japanese-only King's Field title, through the Sword of Moonlight program, so it wasn't quite the same game but close enough. I then played through King's Field 1 (U.S.), KF 2, and finally KF: The Ancient City all one right after the other. I've played through all these games before, but never before all of them, one right after the other like this.

The original Japanese-only King's Field was my least favorite in the series. That could have a lot to do with the fact that I wasn't playing it as originally intended, and was instead playing the English translation through The Sword of Moonlight software. The enemies looked weird, the movement of the character wasn't quite right, it was much shorter, and the enemies were a lot tougher until you got to higher levels (which was probably their way of trying to stretch out the short game).

King's Field (U.S.) is a great entry in the series, too. Well worth a play-through for anyone interested in these sort of games. Not very story-driven, more exploration-driven (which exploration-driven is still a good thing), but not quite as large as KF II or KF: The Ancient City.

King's Field II still stands out to me, head-and-shoulders, above the rest in the series. There's a great storyline going on there if you pay attention to what the characters are saying and all the clues laid out before you. It ties the other 2 games before it into it's story wonderfully. And the level-up system of the magics, character, and Excelletor Sword make it even more rewarding when leveling-up than the other King's Field games. Then you add in the unique weapons and armors and larger areas than the 2 games before it and it's a masterpiece for it's era.

King's Field: The Ancient City on PS2 definitely looks the best, though. But them why shouldn't it when it's on the PS2 and the others are PS1 games. It's also the 2nd best game in the series, in all other aspects, as far as I'm concerned. Not as story-driven as KF II, but at the same time it's probably the most exploration-driven game in the series which gives it all kinds of points in my book.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
comicloverz
Monday, June 25, 2012 9:01:22 AM
I love Need for speed and strategic games most of the time.
comicloverz
Monday, June 25, 2012 9:02:04 AM
I love Need for speed and strategic games most of the time.
BurningDoom
Friday, January 03, 2014 2:19:18 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)

I just beat New Super Mario Bros. 2. But I'm far from finished with it. I still have to unlock the hidden worlds. But I did defeat Bowser.

Great Mario game. I've heard a lot people say it just feels like more of the same. I don't agree. The coin focus really adds a whole new layer to the gameplay and adds a TON of replayability (as if Mario games already didn't have enough). Great classic 2D gameplay, but it looks gorgeous with the 3DS XL screen and the 3D graphics turned on. It was a ton of fun that I just couldn't put down, and I plan on going back for more.

If you have a 3DS, you MUST own this game.

Now I'm going on to conquer "The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds" for 3DS. So far, it's one of the best Zelda games I've played in years. It's good to be a 3DS owner.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Shizz
Wednesday, February 03, 2016 4:00:36 PM
Gonna try and add some life to this side of the forum.

Just played through Alien: Isolation and while it was not a perfect game and definitely in the not for the masses category, I loved it.

This game was right up my alley. Nostalgic, story driven, and very INTENSE.... My heart hasn't raced like this during a game since Alan Wake.

It does have a few minor minor annoyances, for one you have to have patience with this one, moving around can be cumbersome and a chore at times, there is also something about the ending I didn't really like(I won't spoil it for any who want to play) just to name a few, but none really took away from my overall enjoyment of the game.

I understand why many don't like this game, but there are many who enjoyed it as much as me. Highly recommend to any horror/Sci-Fi/Alien fan

Solid 8-8.5/10
Shizz
Monday, February 29, 2016 5:03:29 PM
Went back to Alan Wake to get in some more frights.

This time I played Alan Wake:American nightmare.

Never played through the whole thing only the first act. It definitely brings a lot of the Eeriness that the original introduced. I liked that it expanded the story, though it falls short of the greatness that is in the first. Yet all in all that's ok as this was an Xbox arcade release rather than a full priced game. I think I purchased it for less than $5. It kept me on edge throughout. The only thing I didn't like was the live capture scenes. I would have much preferred cg or in game cut scenes. The live actor made Mr. Scratch kinda doofy. Still though very solid 5-8 hours of intense fun if you like this genre like me.

Solid 7/10
fenix1977
Monday, February 29, 2016 10:21:15 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I just completed a second run through of Borderlands 2. I freaking love that series. If you don't have it I would shell out the $$ for Borderlands the Hansom Jack edition. You get Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel game. You also get all the downloadable content for both games that had been released up to that point. You are basically getting about three games worth of content for the price of one new game. The downloadable content for Borderlands 2 alone makes this worth it.
Shizz
Wednesday, March 02, 2016 6:07:40 PM
fenix1977 wrote:
I just completed a second run through of Borderlands 2. I freaking love that series. If you don't have it I would shell out the $$ for Borderlands the Hansom Jack edition. You get Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel game. You also get all the downloadable content for both games that had been released up to that point. You are basically getting about three games worth of content for the price of one new game. The downloadable content for Borderlands 2 alone makes this worth it.

I have it but I'm having a hard time getting in to it. Though I've played co-op, I think I enjoy playing single more. I may try the first one when I get it as free game for gold at the end of the month.
fenix1977
Friday, March 04, 2016 10:45:23 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I have only played single player. I absolutely dread playing online. I always end up running into people that either loot all the good stuff and or take the game way tooooooooo serious. I really enjoy the single player campaign and the nice thing is..if you ever get stuck trying to figure something out it is all on youtube.