Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL Comics Library » Change Request Discussion » Action Figures » POP! Figures
padreglcc
Saturday, March 03, 2018 7:53:58 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
I'm trying to catch up a little on the missing POP!s in the database. Just looking for some input on Convention exclusives. A lot of the SDCC, ECCC, and NYCC exclusives are also shared with retailers like Barnes & Noble, Toys R Us, Walgreens, etc. These shared exclusives have different stickers on their packages - "Spring Convention" instead of "ECCC," "Summer Convention" instead of "SDCC," and "Fall Convention" instead of "NYCC." Two questions:

1) Should these different stickers constitute variants in the database?

2) Should the shared exclusives have the retailer Tag even though they don't have any label on the package, or should it just be a note in the bio?
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Problems with the CCL Software or Website? Contact the CCL Helpdesk:
Email: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Phone: 615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Make sure you understand the Forum Rules
SwiftMann
Saturday, March 03, 2018 8:04:43 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member
Any visual examples you could point us towards?

Just based on the post and what I know of Pops, 1) Yes 2) No, just a note (making them consistent with comics that don't explicitly have the con/store on them).
padreglcc
Saturday, March 03, 2018 11:11:16 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Here's an example. Notice that the sticker on the second POP! just says Summer Convention Exclusive.

Tigger San Diego Comic Con 2017 Exclusive (link)

Tigger Shared Exclusive w/ Barnes & Noble (link)

“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

SwiftMann
Sunday, March 04, 2018 7:13:55 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member
Yeah, I think my initial thoughts stand. Variant with a note in the bio about availability of the second one.
scotteaves
Sunday, March 04, 2018 11:50:32 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Guru, Member, Subscriber
I'm with Swifty - definitely a variant, but no tag unless actually noted on the label. Note in the bio for those store exclusives.

One of the reasons I'm saying yes to variant is a price difference between store distributed vs. Con distributed. I know this tends to hold true for Star Wars Pop! figures from Star Wars Celebration vs. store distributed.
padreglcc
Monday, March 05, 2018 9:21:00 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. This was my opinion as well, but I wanted to get some other people to chime in before I pulled the trigger.