Insidious
Insidious Chapter 2
Event Horizon
Mama
MoonKnight1
Friday, January 29, 2021 5:37:12 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Phantasm - all of them. Very creepy movies that kind of make you uncomfortable when you watch them. The Tall Man totally freaked me out. Nailbiting

The new adaptation of Stephen King's IT had it's moments. Pennywise is not pleasant.

The Resident Evil movies are good but they are more on the action and less about the horror.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
RingTail
Tuesday, August 15, 2023 11:19:33 AM
Groups: Member
Let’s see if I can remember them all. I forget the titles of a lot of them after a while and it makes finding them later a pain. lol! I will have most likely forgotten some, but here are the ones I can remember. I’ll edit with others I recall as I rediscover their names. A lot of the Japanese horror I watched I have never seen the US equivalent of, so I can’t compare them yet. Same for a lot of the remakes of the 80s horror. Still haven’t seen. I have seen a lot of horror films that disappointed me…these will not make this list. I am aware I tend to like a lot of horror films that most critics think are trash. *shrugs* I have odd tastes.

日本語の映画 Japanese Films
呪怨 (Ju on) [2000 - inspiration for The Grudge in the US]
Loft [2005]
仄暗い水の底から (Honogurai Mizu no soko kara) [2002 - inspiration for Dark Water in the US]
リング (Ringu) [1998 - inspiration for Ring in the US]
貞子3D (Sadako 3D) [2012]

English Language Films
A Nightmare on Elm Street [All the films in the 80s run. The third one, Dream Warriors was my favorite]
Hellraiser [the entire 80s run]
The Haunting [1999]
House of the Witch [2017]
The Frighteners [1996]
The People Under the Stairs [1991]
Winchester [2018]
13 Ghosts [2001]
The Lost Boys [1987]
Silent Hill [2006]
Silent Hill: Revelations [2012]
The Strangers [2008]
The Woman in Black [2012]
Oculus [2013]
The Boy [2016]
Vampires vs. The Bronx [2020]
Crimson Peak [2015]
The Haunting in Connecticut [2009]
Freddy vs. Jason [2003]
Apostle [2018]
The Eye [2008]
No One Gets Out Alive [2021]
The Conjuring [2013]
Vampire in Brooklyn [1995]

Other Foreign Language Films
Veronica [2017 - Spanish]

TV Series
呪怨:呪いの家 (Ju on: Noroi no Ie) [2020 - Ju on: Origins - Japanese]
The Haunting of Hill House [2018]
The Haunting of Bly Manor [2020]
Re:Mind [2017- Japanese]
Marianne [2019 - French]

"No harm ever came from reading a book..."
Thundercron
Wednesday, August 16, 2023 4:04:10 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I saw the Frighteners in the theater when it came out. Don't remember a lot about it, except that it was weird seeing Michael J. Fox in such a role. Kind of like the first time I heard Will Smith drop an F-bomb in a movie ("Enemy of the State", I believe). Shattering that wholesome image!
wildd0g
Wednesday, August 16, 2023 11:12:36 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
There are a lot of great movies listed in here. However, no one has mentioned my all time favorite horror movie...

In the Mouth of Madness.

It's more of a psychological horror than anything, but now I have to watch anything with Sam Neil in it because of it.
MoonKnight1
Friday, August 18, 2023 2:53:40 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Good pull! In the Mouth of Madness is very,very good. One of the best H.P. Lovecraft themed movies ever. Haven't seen it in a while, gonna have to search it out!

I like Frighteners too. It's kind of a tongue-in-cheek horror so not as scary as others. But I will say that when the Grim Reaper was crawling around the house inside the walls that was pretty creepy.

The new Resident Evil movie (Welcome to Raccoon City) was enjoyable. It felt more like the video game than the Milla Jovovich movies.

Deep Rising is a surprisingly good monster attacks movie. The acting is acceptable, suspense is good, action awesome and a couple of good twists as well.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
RingTail
Wednesday, August 23, 2023 1:25:43 PM
Groups: Member
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Good pull! In the Mouth of Madness is very,very good. One of the best H.P. Lovecraft themed movies ever. Haven't seen it in a while, gonna have to search it out!

I like Frighteners too. It's kind of a tongue-in-cheek horror so not as scary as others. But I will say that when the Grim Reaper was crawling around the house inside the walls that was pretty creepy.

The new Resident Evil movie (Welcome to Raccoon City) was enjoyable. It felt more like the video game than the Milla Jovovich movies.

Deep Rising is a surprisingly good monster attacks movie. The acting is acceptable, suspense is good, action awesome and a couple of good twists as well.

I’ve not seen In the Mouth of Madness. I’ll have to look it up. Yeah, The Frighteners was one where it was more comedy/horror in my book, but I still put it on the list because it is technically in the genre and I did like it. lol Wouldn’t say it was one that scared me, but I do enjoy a good ghost story. I have so many horror films that I can’t recall the name of. There was one that was a foreign film (maybe Thai?) that was set in a small village and there was negative supernatural things happening involving a little girl. Something to do with the spirits in the village. It was set in modern day and time. The main character was an adult and he was trying to help the little girl (she may have been his daughter?) the problem ends up being related to all the children that go missing over the years playing near the water. The source was down in the waterways that the river feeds into underground, but I can’t remember what it was. The guy ends up facing off against it. I just wish I could remember the name of it! I still need to see the new Resident Evil. I was in Japan back in June and there were big Biohazard advertisements for it everywhere in Akihabara. One took up the entire side of a building! I haven’t seen Deep Rising, either. Gonna look up that one, too.

"No harm ever came from reading a book..."