Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Website/Live Market » Default Settings
KDK
Sunday, May 26, 2024 5:40:01 PM
Groups: Member
Howdy.

I did do a search for "default settings" but didn't find any results, so please forgive me if this is already answered somewhere else.

Is it possible to set up some default settings for how the site displays things? In particular when I bring up a title in my collection, I'd like to always have the variants button in the "off" position, and I'd also like it to display "all" not just "owned" items.

Thank you.
Flagwaver
Sunday, May 26, 2024 11:39:58 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I second this. One of my big complaints about the website-only is that there doesn't seem to be a way to select what is displayed. With the desktop software, you could choose not to show the UK and Canadian price variants (which I don't give a crap about) or certain other variants. As it is now, if I turn the variant switch off, it will hide not just the variants that I don't want but also the ones I do want. This also skews the gaps total. I could have a complete series but because there is some stupid foreign price variant I would never buy, it will not show the series as complete. The desktop software let you see a combined overall picture of your collection and wishlist, which the website does not.
Xylob
Monday, May 27, 2024 11:42:53 AM
Groups: Approver, Member
Many useful features of the software have been lost in this so-called "upgrade" to a web-based service...
But testing a system takes time and money - whereas simply launching it and making your paying customers the testers is free.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
Joe
Tuesday, May 28, 2024 12:38:49 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
KDK wrote:
Howdy.

I did do a search for "default settings" but didn't find any results, so please forgive me if this is already answered somewhere else.

Is it possible to set up some default settings for how the site displays things? In particular when I bring up a title in my collection, I'd like to always have the variants button in the "off" position, and I'd also like it to display "all" not just "owned" items.

Thank you.

We are working on this. Right now, if you go into your profile page, you will see settings. For now you can only control the notifications that you recieve. We will be adding a setting for Variants Default. Along with some other settings as well.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Joe
Tuesday, May 28, 2024 12:46:19 PM
Flagwaver wrote:
I second this. One of my big complaints about the website-only is that there doesn't seem to be a way to select what is displayed. With the desktop software, you could choose not to show the UK and Canadian price variants (which I don't give a crap about) or certain other variants. As it is now, if I turn the variant switch off, it will hide not just the variants that I don't want but also the ones I do want. This also skews the gaps total. I could have a complete series but because there is some stupid foreign price variant I would never buy, it will not show the series as complete. The desktop software let you see a combined overall picture of your collection and wishlist, which the website does not.

I am noting this in our upgrade path to see if we can provide something where you can turn on and off individual issues when looking at issues. maybe a "Custom" view. As I see it right now, this would probably work best on an issue by issue basis. Turning off the ones you don't want, and leaving on the ones you do? Am I hearing this correctly? or do you just want to mass turn off UK and Canadian Issues, while leaving the Variants on? Or would you also like to turn off certain cover variants as well?

JB

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

Flagwaver
Tuesday, May 28, 2024 11:09:45 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Joe wrote:
Flagwaver wrote:

I am noting this in our upgrade path to see if we can provide something where you can turn on and off individual issues when looking at issues. maybe a "Custom" view. As I see it right now, this would probably work best on an issue by issue basis. Turning off the ones you don't want, and leaving on the ones you do? Am I hearing this correctly? or do you just want to mass turn off UK and Canadian Issues, while leaving the Variants on? Or would you also like to turn off certain cover variants as well?

JB

Yes, I would like an option similar to what was available with the desktop software (add/remove folders) where I could simply uncheck the issues I do not want to see, whether they are foreign price variants or simply other variants I am not interested in. That way I can see my collection/ wishlist and not have it cluttered with issues I have no interest in.
Joe
Wednesday, May 29, 2024 1:03:38 PM
Flagwaver wrote:

Yes, I would like an option similar to what was available with the desktop software (add/remove folders) where I could simply uncheck the issues I do not want to see, whether they are foreign price variants or simply other variants I am not interested in. That way I can see my collection/ wishlist and not have it cluttered with issues I have no interest in.

Your wish list should already only contain issues that you have selected to be on your wishlist.

I have added this to our upgrade path, and will see if we can't get this fairly quickly.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder