Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comic Books » When Comic Book Covers Are Deceiving
MoonKnight1
Thursday, June 13, 2024 10:57:28 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Don't you just hate it when you pick up a comic book based on the cover and when you open it it turns out to be something different?

Take this for example:

If you were to purchase this thinking it was an X-Men comic then you would be sorely disappointed as this comic is the B cover for:

Why do this? I mean, the X-Men don't even guest star in this book for cripes sake. Neither does it have the Disney crew portraying said X-Men. Wall

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
Kevinbruns
Thursday, June 13, 2024 4:23:53 PM
Groups: Member
Its asinine that Marvel did it this way. I use clear backboards for the copies I have in my run so it's easy to flip over and see which issue it is if they for some reason get out of sequence but I hate it.. and would like to kick whoever approved these in the kneecaps.

There should be minimal text on the cover (maybe like DC does with its minimal/B covers) near the border at least with the appropriate title information.

pottersan
Thursday, June 13, 2024 5:30:33 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Dumb.

Silly

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

MoonKnight1
Friday, June 14, 2024 9:48:06 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Kevinbruns wrote:
There should be minimal text on the cover (maybe like DC does with its minimal/B covers) near the border at least with the appropriate title information.

Exactly this! You want to do some crazy variant then fine. At least put somewhere on the cover which book it actually is.

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Friday, June 14, 2024 8:26:16 PM
Groups: Member
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Kevinbruns wrote:

Exactly this! You want to do some crazy variant then fine. At least put somewhere on the cover which book it actually is.

I just wish DC would start putting the minimal trade dress at the top of the comic more consistently. It wasn't until I started looking for the card stock covers that I realized that it makes browsing a pain in the butt if I have to pull the entire comic out to find out what issue it is.