Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Desktop Software » Contacting Help
Joe
Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:44:34 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
Here is an updated way to receive help if you are having problems.

For Stores and Subscribers:

Office: 615-264-4747
Cell 615-336-4333

Try the office first. If it is an emergency, please feel free to use the cell number. I will be working with priority support to make sure that all paying customers are taken care of quickly and have their technical issues resolved as quickly as possible. We are working on some upgrades, and I want to be work some of the technical issues, so I can determine if we need to do a development upgrade.

If this is not an emergency please use the other support options.

Other support options:

1. You can post a question or problem in the "Technical Support" forum. For general questions, use the "How Do I" forum. Also be sure to review our online help at http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com/help

2. You can send an email to joe@MidTenMedia.com which will forward it to our customer support division.

3. You can send a PM Joe as that goes to tech support.

4. As a last resort, you can call us at 615-264-4747 and ask for tech support. Please don't abuse this as we want to keep this option open for people who are just at their wits end with trying everything else. Use this option last!

Support is limited to weekdays 8-5 CST, however a lot of us are working weekends so you *might* get a reply to your posts on the weekend. Phones are only available during office hours.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

a_Kid_4_life
Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:17:50 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
If you don't see it as a major thing or would like to know if it is something others are having problems with you can ask an approver. You can also ask an approver for help or alert them about. It helps if you can give as much info as you can. Such as any error code or message, title or section, action or button used, time (w/time zone). These things can speed up the time of any repairs that might be needed & gives the tech a place to start from.
Jim
Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:34:03 PM
Groups: Member
You can also contact anyone who is a Guru or has a rank of Beyonder. Smug
comicscastle
Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:58:02 PM
Or you can contact me, but after I tell you to make sure the power is on I'm pretty useless.Confused

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

dunleavy75
Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:26:37 PM
comicscastle wrote:
Or you can contact me, but after I tell you to make sure the power is on I'm pretty useless.Confused

Yep...Laughing

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
Sirs
Sunday, October 18, 2009 11:36:28 PM
yeah most approver's will be glad to help all they can
You Gotta Go Here

If you can help with anything please check this out

Our Little Binga
smcgilli
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 9:12:12 PM
Hello everyone,

I am brand new here and recently bought a year subscription to the software. Overall, I think it is a great tool. However, I do have a few questions and am looking for help.

First, I think its rather odd that the "Help" page does not load. If I go to http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com/help, the page never loads. This is also true if I click the question mark button labeled "Help" in the desktop software. It tries to go to http://news.comiccollectorlive.com/ but again, that page never loads. Not very helpful.

Can someone check those 2 problems out? Perhaps if I can read what is listed in the help section, I will be fine.
comicscastle
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 10:23:28 PM
smcgilli wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am brand new here and recently bought a year subscription to the software. Overall, I think it is a great tool. However, I do have a few questions and am looking for help.

First, I think its rather odd that the "Help" page does not load. If I go to http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com/help, the page never loads. This is also true if I click the question mark button labeled "Help" in the desktop software. It tries to go to http://news.comiccollectorlive.com/ but again, that page never loads. Not very helpful.

Can someone check those 2 problems out? Perhaps if I can read what is listed in the help section, I will be fine.
The Help Section is in serious need of help and is being reworked. Post your questions here and we'll get you your answers. And don't worry, we probably had the same questions when we started out.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

nomedami
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:14:37 PM
I have bought the software and am thinking about listing some books on here prob after the new year. However been looking into how to list books for sale but keep them seperate from my personal collection. How would one go about doing this basicly needed two differant list for the catalog? Any help would be great.
comicscastle
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 2:46:07 PM
nomedami wrote:
I have bought the software and am thinking about listing some books on here prob after the new year. However been looking into how to list books for sale but keep them seperate from my personal collection. How would one go about doing this basicly needed two differant list for the catalog? Any help would be great.
The best way is to run two separate accounts, one for your collection and one for your store. It really won't cost you any more because you have already paid for your subscription (use it for your collection) and then open a new account for your store. The store account does not need to pay the yearly fee because as a store it pays a monthly fee.

There may be other ways to run both on the same account, but I think this way is easier and safer.

nomedami
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 3:22:17 PM
That makes sense and I agree it would be safer then listed a personal collection item. How would you put the second acount up? is there a way to logout and login to another one then? I have been playing around with it but have not found that option as of yet. I may just be missing something as im sure I am but not seeing how to swith accounts.
Jim
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:48:03 PM
Hi,
Right now there isn't any way to actually "log out" of the desktop software. In order to do so you'd need to move or rename your ComicData.sdf file located in your MyDocuments > Midten Media > Data folder and relaunch the software. It will then prompt you to enter your credentials or create a new account at which time a new ComicData.sdf file will be created

What you'd need to do after renaming your original ComicData.sdf file is save it somewhere so that you know what account it's associated with and when you want to load it back up again just put it back into that directory (moving the one that's there to a place where you can associate it with your personal account)

Personally, what I've done is created two folders in the My Documents > MidTen Media > Data folder. One folder named TheComicStore and one folder named Jim. That is where I move my respective ComicData.sdf files depending on which account I want to load up. If I'm loading up my seller account I'll put my "Jim" ComicData.sdf file in the "Jim" folder and my "TheComicStore" ComicData.sdf file in the Data folder and vice versa.

It seems complicated at first but once you do it a time or two it becomes very simple. I know what I need to do to make this happen automagically in the software I just haven't implemented it yet (sorry).
nomedami
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:52:20 PM
I kinda figured it could be switched automatically. I was playing around and made another login on the computer and downloaded the software and that worked as well. basiclly does the same thing you said about as far as making a new data profile just swith computer profiles instead of switching data files. Thaank you for the help in this I think I figured it out and hope to start selling soon.
Jim
Wednesday, December 05, 2012 9:34:54 PM
Yeah the profile trick works really well too. Sounds like you got it figured out. Good luck with the store!
thalesalacobra
Saturday, February 09, 2013 5:25:24 PM
Hey guys,

I was updating my catalog, taking a few titles out, when the program updated afterward, it got stuck during Cleaning Database for Inactivated Issues. I tried to restart the program, but it will automatically update again and get stuck during the same portion when it starts to clean the database of inactivated issues.

I can't skip through the updates and I have to close out the program through Task Manager, else it stays up indefinitely. And I can't access the program at all anymore to edit any of my catalog, etc. Anything I can do to get passed this roadblock?

Thanks.
comicscastle
Saturday, February 09, 2013 6:05:24 PM
Getting rid of titles takes a long time. Try letting it update over night. It'll probably be ok in the morning.

Tamwood
Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:45:09 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
It takes MUCH longer if you're doing a larger quantity of titles at once. My suggestion, after you finally get cleared up, is to delete 3-5 titles at a time. A bit of a P-i-t-A, but...
Baldbix76
Sunday, September 08, 2013 11:05:36 AM
I am having the EXACT same issue to the letter. I am only deleting about 5 titles from my catalog and I let it sit for a good 5-7 hours...stiiiillll sitting there, and if i click on it, it gives me the "(NOT RESPONDING)" tag . Never had that has that issue before...I'm getting frustrated.
Baldbix76
Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:33:13 PM
Hey, fun fact....almost a year later and I'm STILL having the same issue. I assume since there has been no reply after my last post (which ALSO happens to be the last post on this thread), that this is either an issue no one else is experiencing, in which case, I guess its my problem....or, it just hasnt been fixed yet. Either way....a year later-still frustrated.
Xylob
Thursday, July 16, 2015 8:47:18 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
Hi,
Have you actually contacted CCL directly per the information in the first post of this thread (or my signature below)?
Posting in this thread (or the forums in general) will not get you the help you need from the CCL office - sorry, but you have to reach out to them. Just like any helpdesk, they won't call you.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.