Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Website/Live Market » How to submit Bugs, Issues, and features

How to submit Bugs, Issues, and features

2 pages: [1] 2
Joe
Sunday, April 24, 2016 12:41:54 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
I want to use this forum to submit issues, bugs, and feature requests. Please make sure each topic is specific to a single bug or issue or feature.

People can comment on each topic as long as it applies to that topic. Once the topic has been addressed we may mark it as fixed, or reviewed. Fixed means we fixed the bug, and reviewed means we have put it in our backlog for future work.

Here are some examples...

Topic: Bug: Getting an error when trying to submit a change request.

Message: I can't add a new character without getting an error. The page is change.aspx in MyAccount. etc....

Topic: Issue: I don't like the formatting of main page

Message: Default.aspx formatting is way too big, and I can't see it on my 800 x 600 monitor. etc....

Topic: Feature: Would love to see a Character page

Message: it would really be cool if we had a character page that described the history of a specific character.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Mchl0127
Wednesday, June 29, 2016 11:39:32 AM
Groups: Member
Issue: Task failed when i add star trek (2011) into my collection to add issues.
jeremyshorr
Monday, July 18, 2016 3:51:10 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I have had 4 open orders for....ever. At one point in time I scrolled through every single page of my orders looking for potentially open orders and could not find a single open order.

Its a minor thing but it bothers me when I see four orders and there aren't any new ones.

Store name is Titan Comics.

Thanks!
Jeremy
Titan Comics
Jeremy Shorr
Owner
Titan Comics
3128 Forest Lane Suite 250
Dallas Texas 75234
214-350-4420
www.titancomics.com
11am to 7pm Monday through Saturday closed Sunday
Peacefuldragon
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 2:47:39 AM
Soooo...is anyone else having trouble with the ccl site? It works for about 5-10 minutes or so and then crashes to "page cannot be displayed". It is completely unusable. I have contacted jo through PM and posted a message on facebook. All with no reply. So I am trying here.
If all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.
Xylob
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:52:09 AM
Groups: Approver, Member
Shoot 'em an email?
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
Peacefuldragon
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 11:19:44 PM
I did. Nothing. Nada. I sure as hell won't be paying anything to them until this is dealt with.
If all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.
lcfrick
Thursday, April 27, 2017 4:46:25 AM
I got all excited when I saw the date of the first post in this thread (April 24th) thinking that the site runners finally decided to come back to the forums... only to realize that it was April 24th 2016, not 2017.
4Waterproof
Thursday, November 02, 2017 11:45:36 AM
thanks a lot for the information) that is really useful as for me
yokonashiwa
Saturday, May 11, 2019 2:21:45 AM
Topic: Feature: More information regarding why a change request was rejected.

Message: It would be great if there was more information given when a change request was rejected. For example, I was trying to find an issue of a John Constantine, Hellblazer that I had got from FCBD 2019. It was originally given out at Halloween ComicFest in 2018. No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find the issue so I thought it was a new book and submitted a change request for it. It was rejected almost immediately, but I didn't know why. After more research, I found out it was a reprint of a previous issue, but it didn't have it listed as such on the site. If the approver knew this information, it would have been awesome if they could have passed it on to me so that I could make the proper change request. I understand that it is easier to have a generic approval and rejection message that is sent, but it doesn't really help the submitter other than just to let them know the outcome of their change request.
padreglcc
Saturday, May 11, 2019 7:58:22 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator
yokonashiwa wrote:
Topic: Feature: More information regarding why a change request was rejected.

Message: It would be great if there was more information given when a change request was rejected. For example, I was trying to find an issue of a John Constantine, Hellblazer that I had got from FCBD 2019. It was originally given out at Halloween ComicFest in 2018. No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find the issue so I thought it was a new book and submitted a change request for it. It was rejected almost immediately, but I didn't know why. After more research, I found out it was a reprint of a previous issue, but it didn't have it listed as such on the site. If the approver knew this information, it would have been awesome if they could have passed it on to me so that I could make the proper change request. I understand that it is easier to have a generic approval and rejection message that is sent, but it doesn't really help the submitter other than just to let them know the outcome of their change request.

Here is the comment I left when I rejected your CR:

Approvers will always attempt to leave a reason why we are rejecting a CR, and, as in the case above, leave a link if the book already exists. Also, when searching for books like this, it's often helpful to search the Story Arc field for Tags like "Comicfest" or "True Believers," etc., since those books are often reprints.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Problems with the CCL Software or Website? Contact the CCL Helpdesk:
Email: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Phone: 615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Make sure you understand the Forum Rules
billyyork
Sunday, September 25, 2022 2:39:52 PM
I have already submitted the question.
frank666
Monday, November 14, 2022 11:16:30 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I have this bug.
When I want to pay the subscription, I usually try it through the software. But I have been receiving the comment, that I cannot connect to my PayPal account because the browser is not upto date. Yesterday I wanted to purchase some comics from a seller. Same problem. Now the purchase is "PayPal pending" and I can't change it.

So there are two bugs. Big Grin
BlueMoon
Monday, November 14, 2022 12:00:06 PM
Shop at My Store
Don't do anything through the software. It hasn't been updated in years, and everything here is basically abandoned. Any purchase through the software will go to PayPal pending because nobody here cares anymore.
Thundercron
Monday, November 14, 2022 12:07:14 PM
Shop at My Store
frank666 wrote:
I have this bug.
When I want to pay the subscription, I usually try it through the software. But I have been receiving the comment, that I cannot connect to my PayPal account because the browser is not upto date. Yesterday I wanted to purchase some comics from a seller. Same problem. Now the purchase is "PayPal pending" and I can't change it.

So there are two bugs. Big Grin

Always make purchases through a new web page, not the CCL software portal. For both store purchases and subscription renewals.
Xylob
Monday, November 14, 2022 1:59:58 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
BlueMoon wrote:
...nobody here cares anymore.

TRUTH!

See my sig below for how to maybe contact an employee who might be able to solve your issue.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
HeroComics
Tuesday, September 12, 2023 4:04:57 PM
Shop at My Store
Joe wrote:
I want to use this forum to submit issues, bugs, and feature requests. Please make sure each topic is specific to a single bug or issue or feature.

People can comment on each topic as long as it applies to that topic. Once the topic has been addressed we may mark it as fixed, or reviewed. Fixed means we fixed the bug, and reviewed means we have put it in our backlog for future work.

Message: I can't add a new character without getting an error. The page is change.aspx in MyAccount. etc....

Message: Default.aspx formatting is way too big, and I can't see it on my 800 x 600 monitor. etc....

Message: it would really be cool if we had a character page that described the history of a specific character.

Topic: I go to all the labor of adding a missing item issue, and when I save I get a window with the following:

Oops
A change request for an item matching this description already exists.
To contact customer support,use MidTen's Customer Service Contact Form or call (615) 264-4747
continue...

I know this is not new, but it is making more steps to get more unapproved items listed, and frankly as my frustration grows, It is tending to kill a want to add any items to the database. If a workaround exists, I can figure it out, but broken is broken.
HeroComics
Tuesday, September 12, 2023 6:39:14 PM
Shop at My Store
Joe wrote:

Topic: I go to all the labor of adding a missing item issue, and When I save I get a window with the following:

Oops
To contact customer support,use MidTen's Customer Service Contact Form or call (615) 264-4747
continue...

I know this is not new, but it is making more steps to get more unapproved items listed, and frankly as my frustration grows, It is tending to kill a want to add any items to the database. If a workaround exists, I can figure it out, but broken is broken.
Thundercron
Tuesday, September 12, 2023 11:16:41 PM
Shop at My Store
HeroComics wrote:
Joe wrote:

Topic: I go to all the labor of adding a missing item issue, and When I save I get a window with the following:

Oops
continue...

Just message Padre about it. He's the most active Approver, and pretty easy to work with when problems arise.
BlueMoon
Wednesday, September 13, 2023 12:27:45 PM
Shop at My Store
Is tbis the same issue of daredevil you mentioned previously, and I told you that particular variant number was already in use, which is probably why the system is telling you it's already there?
wildd0g
Wednesday, October 11, 2023 8:34:08 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Issue: Cover image edits don't change.

Example: Gunslinger Spawn #9 has a cover image that shows issue #5 on the cover. My assumption is that it was promo art. A few days ago, I submitted a correct cover scan and it still hasn't updated to the new image. I've went in an hit the re-master button a few times, but still nothing.

This was an issue even before the newest update. The desktop version showed the change immediately, but the website version never does.