Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL Comics Library » Change Request Discussion » Trading Cards » Trading Cards Guidelines
20 pages: First ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
ntkeith
Friday, December 12, 2008 3:14:54 PM
Groups: Guru, Member
a_Kid_4_life wrote:
Some of the cards I will be adding have Variant backs, How can I do this with only 1 image space per card?
I would think that at least card #1 would have 2 places to show an example of front & back. Some sets use the back as a way to know what set it is from.

Additional images will be supported in the future, but not right now. Put both cards up with their fronts, even if they are the same, and you can add the backs when that is supported.

a_Kid_4_life wrote:
Are drag racing cards considered non - sport? The cards from the 70's are listed in both the non - sports price guide & the Beckett.
If so there is 1 set that was made in U.S. with no #'s & made in Canada with them. The non - sports price guide list them alphabeticaly which is not how they are #ed. Would they go in by # first & the nn be a variant?

Just my vote here, I am not quoting guidelines, but I think these are sport. Racing cards are very main stream, and usually considered separate than our world over here.

a_Kid_4_life wrote:
Just to make sure I am right the Odd Rods have 7 issues with 2 being reprints of earlier sets but were sold with different names for each, so I don't list them as series but by the names they were sold under.

So the same card, but different manufactures/publishers? If so, separate sets, named as they were sold.

a_Kid_4_life wrote:
I am confused about how packs / wrappers are added, could that be explained more clearly. I also feel there should be a place for each.

Packs are listed in the main title (ex. "2007 Marvel Masterpieces" with nothing after it) as item #2. If there are different images on the packs, they are variants. As far as sealed pack vs wrapper, take assurance that the conversation has been discussed several times and with great length, and ruling has been handed down from high that they ARE NOT separate, they are to be noted in conditions and treated like an action figure being sold either in the packaging or loose.

a_Kid_4_life wrote:
I also think that the boxes could use 2 os 3 places for images to show the different artwork on the sides.
These are some questions I need to be answered before I get going.

See above about the future image support, that will happen, just not yet.
You've heard the legend, now see it come to life! I Want More Comics
a_Kid_4_life
Friday, December 12, 2008 7:40:49 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
O.K. now I understand how boxes, wrappers ect...are done. I can wait for the space for more images. Would however like to getsome more feedback on the Variation cards. Iwould think that if the fronts are the same that on the b card to show the back where the differance can be seen. I also would like to get some more feedback on the drag racing cards. Now let me ask you this, there are other car sets listed in the non - sports price guide that have both show cars, and racing cars as well. Are they allowed or not? I was told not sports & there is a fine line between racing being called a sport or a hobby (that's what it started as). My other fact to add is when the sets that are in the non - sports price guide were printed there were only a handful of racing cards at all. It wasn't untill the 90's when the Racing Beckett first came out,& the older cards were only listed 1 or 2yrs. The last time I looked at a Racing Beckett they were not listed. Mainstream racing cards came out in 1988 & by 1990 they were just another set of cards. If your town is anything like mine not every card shop carries them now. Only shops who know that they can sell them has them. There is only 2 or 3 stores that carry them and none have every current cards there, but can order them for you. So now that you located racing cards, how many are Drag Racing? Maybe 1 set a year, while nasscar has 12 or more & the Racing Beckett is all nasscar. Now I would think that since "Mainstream" racing cards didn't happen until 1988 that racing cards prior to that & are in the non - sports price guide should be included here. Oh yeah! Just to set the record straight, I collect comics & non sports cards as well as racing cards prior to 1988. I know that you can not find these racing cards any place, last time I went looking I had to drive to Seattle and only 2 shops had them & I bought them all. With that being said I think I will try to find a checklist for them on the web & let you know how I do!
ntkeith
Friday, December 12, 2008 8:46:19 PM
I'd never call racing a sport, but if it keeps them out of this DB, then they are so a sport. OK OK OK, just reliving a bad childhood and being tortured to NASCAR on the radio and TV EVERY WAKING MINUTE!!!! Make it stop, make it stop, make it stop.
a_Kid_4_life
Saturday, December 13, 2008 1:17:18 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I am sorry that you had NASSCAR shoved down your throat, and it has left a sore spot in your mind. Many others have good thoughts when they remember going to the races with the family. For some it may have been the only time they spent with their dad. Either way personal issues have no meaning here. This is for guidelines, and as I recall all cards that are non- sport & not gaming were allowed. So if the non - sports price guide is used to determine what's in or out that would keep personal issuses out & stop any debate as what is or not a sport.
ntkeith
Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:29:25 PM
My post was sarcastic.
The_Valiant_One
Friday, December 19, 2008 4:47:19 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
a_Kid_4_life wrote:
O.K. I have checked & nobody is doing my favorite cards (stickers) yet so I would like to claim the Odd Rod, Silly Cycles, Fiends & Machines. I know they are just like the comics I collect,all with a motor. I have most of them, & know where to get scans of those missing. I have a list of questions I am putting together that I will post later on today after I get a chance to read all the prior post. I just gave ita quick glance looking for the Odd Rods. I do have a quick question, are we going by the rule of if it is listed in the non-sports price guide it can be added on CCL? If so my list of questions might take longer.

This might be an old question that has little relevance now, but for the most part, yes. If it's in the non-sport update, then you should be golden. HOWEVER, please note that if the card contains things like statistics on a driver or a season of driving, then that falls under the "SPORT" category.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
wildd0g
Sunday, February 08, 2009 4:52:00 AM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
I've Skimmed Through This Topic And Didn't Notice If This Was Asked Or Not. Are Wrestling Cards Considered Sport Or Non-Sport? It Is Definitly Athletic, But They Are Regularly Scheduled TV Shows. With The Tagline Of Sports Entertainment, This Could Easily Go Either Way. Thoughts???
scotteaves
Sunday, February 08, 2009 12:47:37 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Guru, Member, Subscriber
wildd0g wrote:
I've Skimmed Through This Topic And Didn't Notice If This Was Asked Or Not. Are Wrestling Cards Considered Sport Or Non-Sport? It Is Definitly Athletic, But They Are Regularly Scheduled TV Shows. With The Tagline Of Sports Entertainment, This Could Easily Go Either Way. Thoughts???

WWF cards ARE listed in Non-Sport Update magazine, so I'd lean towards yes. But, I'm not the one who makes that final decision. Big Grin
frizzlefryd
Monday, February 09, 2009 2:32:54 AM
Groups: Member
Photo's of guys in tight pants...sounds like sports cards, although photos of guys in costume posing for camera...sounds like superheroes...lol

But really Wrestling = Olympic Sport, no matter how fake pro wrestling is. I'd Vote No on it, But it is admittedly a borderline call.
Xylob
Monday, February 09, 2009 8:12:22 AM
Groups: Approver, Member
Professional "wrestling" is more of a choreographed gymnastics display with some really bad acting thrown in.
Though I wouldn't call them wrestlers, I'd certainly say they still qualify as atheletes.
I'd vote "No" as well.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
comicscastle
Monday, February 09, 2009 9:06:36 AM
I'm not a wrestling fan, but I think WWF changed it's name to WWE (E for entertainment) because it considered itself to be more of a show than sport (also didn't want confused with World Wildlife Foundation). It no longer pretends to be "real" and freely admits that it is a choreographed and planned event. I stick by the rule that if it's listed in Non-Sport Price Guide then it's not a sport.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

SwiftMann
Monday, February 09, 2009 9:32:21 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member
comicscastle wrote:
I'm not a wrestling fan, but I think WWF changed it's name to WWE (E for entertainment) because it considered itself to be more of a show than sport (also didn't want confused with World Wildlife Foundation). It no longer pretends to be "real" and freely admits that it is a choreographed and planned event. I stick by the rule that if it's listed in Non-Sport Price Guide then it's not a sport.

Actually, they changed their name because the World Wildlife Foundation (WWF) sued them and finally won.

From 2002:
Quote:
The World Wrestling Federation has announced that it has re-branded as World Wrestling Entertainment and has moved from WWF.com to WWE.com, apparently abandoning plans to appeal a case won earlier this year by the World Wide Fund for Nature, formerly the World Wildlife Fund.

In October 2001, the High Court ruled that the Federation breached a 1994 agreement with the Fund by the use of its logo and the URL wwf.com. The charity successfully argued that the Federation’s association with violence and sleaze was damaging by “insalubrious connotation” the Fund’s ability to raise money for nature conservation.

In February, the English Court of Appeal upheld the High Court’s order that the Fund was entitled to the exclusive use of the initials WWF anywhere outside the US. The Federation initially said it would appeal to the House of Lords, but it appears now to have abandoned this plan.

Linda McMahon, CEO of the newly named World Wrestling Entertainment said this week:

“We will utilise this opportunity to position ourselves emphasising the entertainment aspect of our company, and, at the same time, allay the concerns of the Fund.”

WWE said in a statement that it will continue to trade as WWF on the New York Stock Exchange until a suitable replacement symbol is found. The company will be providing the appropriate documentation and filings with regulators to solicit shareholder approval of the name change.
The_Valiant_One
Monday, February 09, 2009 10:21:56 AM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I personally don't have a problem with them being added. Wrestling is athletic, but I don't know if I'd call it a 'sport'; far as I know alot of it is scripted show.

They're also listed in Non-Sport Update. Since it's agreed that it's a borderline call, I'll say go ahead and submit them, I'm ok with it. :) Put in the comments 'per Valiant', you should be golden.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
abydosorphan
Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:04:11 PM
Here's something that I have already been doing, as I thought it was the best place for the item, but it came up in talks with an approver, and I'm unsure now if I've been doing it right or if it should have a place of its own.

Archive Boxes.

For the Stargate Sets, later Seasons had archive boxes (usually as 6 case incentives - sometimes more). I had been listing them in the spot for 'Factor Sets' as Rittenhouse doesn't do these to the best of my knowledge - and never has for the SG sets if they do for any others. Is this the appropriate place for these boxes or should they have their own number?
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. ~~ Anonymous
Support bacteris! It's the only culture some people have. ~~ Anonymous
Real friends stab you in the front. ~~ Oscar Wilde
scotteaves
Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:50:31 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Guru, Member, Subscriber
abydosorphan wrote:
Here's something that I have already been doing, as I thought it was the best place for the item, but it came up in talks with an approver, and I'm unsure now if I've been doing it right or if it should have a place of its own.

Archive Boxes.

For the Stargate Sets, later Seasons had archive boxes (usually as 6 case incentives - sometimes more). I had been listing them in the spot for 'Factor Sets' as Rittenhouse doesn't do these to the best of my knowledge - and never has for the SG sets if they do for any others. Is this the appropriate place for these boxes or should they have their own number?

That's the best place for them. As long as the Caption reflects that it is an "Archive Box", that's perfect. If you aren't already, I'd also mention how many cases needed to be purchased in order to get it - best place is probably in the bio.
ntkeith
Friday, April 03, 2009 3:06:20 PM
Are you guys talking about the Rittenhouse Archive boxes, which are sealed boxes of cards, just with the specials being stuffed in them (normal box has 1 sketch, Archive have 10?) if so, these are variants of sealed boxes. They shouldn't be Factory Sets, they are not sets, they are boxes of cards. And they are prevalent in almost all Rittenhouse sets.
abydosorphan
Friday, April 03, 2009 7:15:56 PM
ntkeith wrote:
Are you guys talking about the Rittenhouse Archive boxes, which are sealed boxes of cards, just with the specials being stuffed in them (normal box has 1 sketch, Archive have 10?) if so, these are variants of sealed boxes. They shouldn't be Factory Sets, they are not sets, they are boxes of cards. And they are prevalent in almost all Rittenhouse sets.

I can almost see this, but I'm not sure that I agree that they should be a variant of the regular box. If anything I thought they should have their own number as, while they are a BOX of cards, you won't get a single base set card in the Archive Box, but you will get EVERY Autograph, Costume, etc card that goes along with that respective Season/Series/Set in the Archive Box.
scotteaves
Friday, April 03, 2009 10:45:14 PM
abydosorphan wrote:
ntkeith wrote:

I can almost see this, but I'm not sure that I agree that they should be a variant of the regular box. If anything I thought they should have their own number as, while they are a BOX of cards, you won't get a single base set card in the Archive Box, but you will get EVERY Autograph, Costume, etc card that goes along with that respective Season/Series/Set in the Archive Box.

They are Factory Sets of the chase/insert sets, but don't include a base set. That's why I said to put them in as a Factory Set - they are a factory sealed special release.

I realize it may not be the best place for them, but sealed box is even less accurate as a sealed box is a sealed box of packs (at least in my mind). A Factory Set is something specially packaged from the manufacturer that is a full set (again, that's the definition I use).

Unless - what about under Collector's Tin (COLLECTOR TINS (generally this is for tins that are not sets))? Again - not exactly accurate (we could modify that name to accommodate these) but that covers the fact they are NOT full 100% complete sets and already exists as an item in the guidelines. Maybe call it Collector's Tin/Box in the guidelines - then in the actual Caption, enter "Archive Box".

abydosorphan
Friday, April 03, 2009 11:09:37 PM
scotteaves wrote:
They are Factory Sets of the chase/insert sets, but don't include a base set. That's why I said to put them in as a Factory Set - they are a factory sealed special release.

I realize it may not be the best place for them, but sealed box is even less accurate as a sealed box is a sealed box of packs (at least in my mind). A Factory Set is something specially packaged from the manufacturer that is a full set (again, that's the definition I use).

Unless - what about under Collector's Tin (COLLECTOR TINS (generally this is for tins that are not sets))? Again - not exactly accurate (we could modify that name to accommodate these) but that covers the fact they are NOT full 100% complete sets and already exists as an item in the guidelines. Maybe call it Collector's Tin/Box in the guidelines - then in the actual Caption, enter "Archive Box".

Ok, so regardless of which of these options is decided, would they then automatically go down as a B variant? I wouldn't want to make it a either or option as undoubtedly there are sets out there that have both, no matter which we go with. Or would it be easier to just list Archive Boxes (especially since most sets from Rittenhouse seem to have them pop up at one point or another) as number 8 under the header title?

That way when the set has them, they're listed, and when it doesn't, we don't.
abydosorphan
Saturday, April 04, 2009 12:35:00 AM
Also, just to point out, shouldn't the fact that the Archive Boxes were multi-case incentives automatically rule out Factory Sets? Since they are generally considered a retailer incentive.