Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Marvel Characters » Iceman
spartan616
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:18:53 AM
Groups: Member
I often forget that Bobby is a founding X-Men. He definitely deserves as much attention as other bigger team members. I read online that he is supposed to discover something new about his powers on his way to San Francisco. So maybe that potential power change will be tapped sooner rather than later.
Check out my tumblr blog! Just paste the link directly to your address bar.

shaolinsuckerpunch.tumblr.com
yourfriendandy
Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:15:24 AM
fatherjeff wrote:
Nah, he didn't comment on that.

Figures.
yourfriendandy
Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:17:22 AM
spartan616 wrote:
I read online that he is supposed to discover something new about his powers on his way to San Francisco. So maybe that potential power change will be tapped sooner rather than later.

Whatever happens can be read in X-Men Manifest Destiny.

An Iceman solo story will be featured at the end of every issue!
Warpath72
Saturday, August 23, 2008 9:22:21 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
yourfriendandy, please feel free to edit your first post with a bio for Bobby Drake. I inserted the template for you, and made it a sticky thread.
Go on the warpath at TWR Comics!!!!!!

TWR stands for Team Warpath Racing...
Check out some of my Youtube videos of building the big-block for the project Camaro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjw61TK2YgE
yourfriendandy
Saturday, August 23, 2008 2:33:21 PM
Thanks man!

It's all there. I'll keep tabs on it as time passes.

: )
8263chrictopher
Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:15:28 PM
So I was thinking about this last night and was wondering if any iceman fans could help me out. Cold is all about the removal of heat/energy. To make something cold you have to move the heat some where else. So when iceman makes his ice slides and turns himself into ice etc. etc., where does the heat/energy go?Think
yourfriendandy
Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:20:15 PM
eh? I always figured he lowered the temperature of the molecules... so it'd be like putting hot soup in the fridge, only instead of taking an hour to cool off, it happens in a second.

You ever read that book The Science of the X-Men?
8263chrictopher
Friday, April 17, 2009 12:56:58 PM
yourfriendandy wrote:
eh? I always figured he lowered the temperature of the molecules... so it'd be like putting hot soup in the fridge, only instead of taking an hour to cool off, it happens in a second.

Haven't read it but will look for it.

Anyway in order to lower the temperature of something the energy/heat has to go somewhere. When you put a bowl of hot soup in the freezer the energy/heat from the bowl actualy goes into your kitchen. That's why the coil in the back of the fridge is hot. The energy/heat it being transfered from the food to the refrigerant and then from the refrigerant to the kitchen.

Give me a few hours and I'll find a good web page that explains how the refrigeration cycle works.

P.S. Where can I find that book. Amazon?
yourfriendandy
Friday, April 17, 2009 1:13:47 PM
8263chrictopher wrote:
yourfriendandy wrote:

Haven't read it but will look for it.

Anyway in order to lower the temperature of something the energy/heat has to go somewhere. When you put a bowl of hot soup in the freezer the energy/heat from the bowl actualy goes into your kitchen. That's why the coil in the back of the fridge is hot. The energy/heat it being transfered from the food to the refrigerant and then from the refrigerant to the kitchen.

Give me a few hours and I'll find a good web page that explains how the refrigeration cycle works.

P.S. Where can I find that book. Amazon?

Probably.

It came out in 1995ish...
Warpath72
Sunday, April 26, 2009 9:23:27 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
8263chrictopher wrote:
So I was thinking about this last night and was wondering if any iceman fans could help me out. Cold is all about the removal of heat/energy. To make something cold you have to move the heat some where else. So when iceman makes his ice slides and turns himself into ice etc. etc., where does the heat/energy go?Think

Interesting question... my theory would be that Iceman shunts the heat energy into another dimension... ICE-WORLD perhaps??? That would make an intriguing storyline... What would the natives on Iceworld think of all the heat Bobby is sending into their dimension??? hmmm....

Or...what if... it was actually a fiery dimension... would anyone notice?
Go on the warpath at TWR Comics!!!!!!

TWR stands for Team Warpath Racing...
Check out some of my Youtube videos of building the big-block for the project Camaro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjw61TK2YgE
dunleavy75
Sunday, April 26, 2009 10:53:46 PM
yourfriendandy wrote:
spartan616 wrote:
I read online that he is supposed to discover something new about his powers on his way to San Francisco. So maybe that potential power change will be tapped sooner rather than later.

Whatever happens can be read in X-Men Manifest Destiny.

An Iceman solo story will be featured at the end of every issue!

that didnt turn out so good did it?

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
Nappa362
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:19:00 PM
They should turn Bobby bad, since nobody takes him serious. I could see him sorta like Magneto use to be. Not defintively evil, bad for a cause.
The Saiyanator
Nappa362
Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:21:07 PM
Nappa362 wrote:
They should turn Bobby bad, since nobody takes him serious. I could see him sorta like Magneto use to be. Not defintively evil, bad for a cause.
maybe Magneto could mentor him personally, he could add sumthin to Iceman.
The Saiyanator
yourfriendandy
Thursday, April 30, 2009 12:23:15 AM
I could care who mentors him, so long as a writer unleashes the power that IS Iceman.

But yeah, a Magneto mentor would be kick ass.
yourfriendandy
Thursday, April 30, 2009 12:31:31 AM
Actually Nappa, upon further thought, if Iceman and Magneto teamed up they would be virtually unstoppable. Both characters have virtually limitless power and are incredibly difficult to injure let alone kill...

Imagine it: Mags pulls the iron from your body while Bobby freezes your blood.

Ouch!!
Raziel84
Monday, June 27, 2011 6:40:21 AM
Ya know I always felt like Bobby never got to really let loose.I however am a bit behind just got back into to comics from a long stint of not buying.Bobby is one of the original X-Men while not my fav he is still top tier.I hope something better comes for him he is beast.Wave
monidaw1
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:34:07 PM
Iceman can absorb all the heat into his body quick freezing the area around himself and making his body superhot. That lead to him getting taken down by a blast of cold from a sentinel in Incredible Hulk Annual 7.

They didn't specify how hot he gets or how wide an area it affected in that issue.

The natural question I've always wanted the answer two after finding this out maybe 30 some years ago is wether he could absorb more heat than the Human Torch could create with an end result freezing the Human Torch. It should have at least been in the possible realm with the early years of the Torch when his range and duration were more limited.
rook68
Friday, January 24, 2014 11:58:58 AM
yourfriendandy wrote:

I want that book.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson