Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Desktop Software » Contacting Help
Baldbix76
Thursday, July 16, 2015 9:03:46 PM
Groups: Member
No, I did not and actually, I'M sorry. I never expected "the help desk" to call me. I thought I'd use the forum first. That kinda seemed like the most logical place to start. I apologize if I sound snarky, but I had this issue a year ago with no reply. Since then, I allowed my subscription to lapse and then decided to renew and drop my $30 bills just to have the same issue...so forgive me if I'm a bit irritated. At least NOW I know to skip the forums all together (as not to waste my time) and go straight for the phone call.

Also, "as the first post states"...

"If this is not an emergency please use the other support options."

(the more I read your post, the more I'm conviced you're the snarky one), I didnt feel this to currently be an emergency, hence the forum post.
Xylob
Friday, July 17, 2015 7:02:10 AM
Groups: Approver, Member
I'm sorry you have inferred that which I did not imply.
I see from your post count that you are not a regular in the forums, which I did not notice before. Had I looked at that originally, I would not have assumed you already knew that CCL employees are almost never in the forums.
I hope they are able to help you with your needs.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
Joe
Friday, July 17, 2015 10:23:09 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
Baldbix76 wrote:
I am having the EXACT same issue to the letter. I am only deleting about 5 titles from my catalog and I let it sit for a good 5-7 hours...stiiiillll sitting there, and if i click on it, it gives me the "(NOT RESPONDING)" tag . Never had that has that issue before...I'm getting frustrated.

This could be a problem with your anti virus or backup program like carbonite that is causing the program to run slow. Check and see that CCL.exe is flagged as a safe program. To see if that is the issue, turn off backup and antivirus for a minute and do your updates.

Let me know if that help.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Baldbix76
Saturday, July 18, 2015 12:58:20 AM
Thank you for responding. Yes, CCL IS flagged safe and I do not use a backup program. Removing titles works, but often (imo) take far too long. I apologize for being crass, but the wait time seemed far too long for a paid service and coupled with replies I interpreted as an attack on my intellegence/common sense, I got a little defensive. I know now, Xylob, this wasn't the case but for future reference, I wouldnt assume too much. Its true I dont post alot, but I DO read the forums fairly often and have, on many occasion, seen CCL employees reply to postings. That being said, I took the steps I felt nessesary. Thank you again.
icarus201
Saturday, July 18, 2015 8:13:59 AM
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
Baldbix76 wrote:
Thank you for responding. Yes, CCL IS flagged safe and I do not use a backup program. Removing titles works, but often (imo) take far too long. I apologize for being crass, but the wait time seemed far too long for a paid service and coupled with replies I interpreted as an attack on my intellegence/common sense, I got a little defensive. I know now, Xylob, this wasn't the case but for future reference, I wouldnt assume too much. Its true I dont post alot, but I DO read the forums fairly often and have, on many occasion, seen CCL employees reply to postings. That being said, I took the steps I felt nessesary. Thank you again.

Hi, Baldbix76. I hope Joe's advice sorted out the issue for you. On a trivial note, I just noticed that you and I both joined up on exactly the same day, and Xylob just 5 days earlier.
Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Saturday, July 18, 2015 9:33:15 AM
thanks for pointing out that we're all a bunch of old farts?
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
MyPerfectWords
Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:31:48 AM
Nice post and thanks for sharing.
KnifeTricks
Thursday, March 14, 2019 9:23:37 AM
Groups: Approver, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Subscriber
MyPerfectWords wrote:

Think

Chance Butler
Graphics

e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Deadpool789
Saturday, April 11, 2020 8:44:48 PM
Is there any fix for the freezing on the "inactivated Issues" part when updating.? sorry if this has been asked before but, I couldn't find anything other than "reboot the program'.... and that gets old really quick.

Thanks in advance.
Thundercron
Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:44:59 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Deadpool789 wrote:
Is there any fix for the freezing on the "inactivated Issues" part when updating.? sorry if this has been asked before but, I couldn't find anything other than "reboot the program'.... and that gets old really quick.

Thanks in advance.

Presumably the next update will do away with the software and go to a cloud based system. I'm guessing that would fix the problem.

Recently I had to get a new computer, and now I almost never have the stall/delay problem at the "inactivated issues" part of the update. For what it's worth.
pottersan
Sunday, April 12, 2020 12:53:02 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
Deadpool789 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Presumably the next update will do away with the software and go to a cloud based system. I'm guessing that would fix the problem.

Recently I had to get a new computer, and now I almost never have the stall/delay problem at the "inactivated issues" part of the update. For what it's worth.

Yep, that's what I heard as well.

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

The_Valiant_One
Monday, April 13, 2020 10:20:08 AM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Deadpool789 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

While our next update will indeed do away with the software altogether, the update shouldn't be the fix to your problem. The software should still work for you.

Here's some things to look for when I've seen other users experience the same issue:

1) Close the software, clear your cache and cookies, and restart your computer. I know it sounds juvenile but you'd be surprised how many things this can fix.

2) Check your internet connection. I've heard some users whose internet speeds have slowed down due to usage reductions have seen some things not work quite right.

3) If you have anti-virus software, make sure that CCL is considered a Trusted Site. Anti-Virus has been known to see CCL as a threat..even though we're really nice people ;)

4) Shoot us an email at helpdesk@golocomedia.com and let's dig a little deeper to see what we might be able to do.

Hope that info is a good start!

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
Xylob
Monday, April 13, 2020 7:05:33 PM
Depending on your version of Windows, you may need to run compatibility check on it and tell your OS to pretend it's Vista or XP when you run the CCL software.
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

roeggert
Monday, April 26, 2021 7:16:08 AM
MyPerfectWords wrote:

I totally agree with you, buddy, this is a fantastic topic with outstanding content.