Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Collecting » Collecting, General Discussion » Ask the Experts » Ask the experts forum
comiczar3
Friday, July 27, 2007 8:17:43 PM
Groups: Member
any idea how I can add my comics here for sale?
http://graphic-illusion.com
Rain
Friday, July 27, 2007 8:28:30 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Member
You will need
1-to enter the comics into your Collection in Comic Collector Live.
2-a Pay-Pal account.
3-a valid credit card.

-Set up your store on Live Market
-Go into CCL and find a book you want to sell. Make sure that you have priced and graded the book, and uploaded any personal scans that you want to include. You can enter Market Notes before you upload, or edit them later in Live Market. With a book selected, click Live Market Manager on the catalog toolbar. Follow the prompts in the dialog that comes up.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here

Make sure that you back up your data regularly. It is not stored on the CCL servers, so there is no way we can recover it. It's easy! Click the planet button at the top of your CCL window. Select Data, then Backup Data. Pick a spot to store your backup file, and that's it.
Sceaduo
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 4:46:48 PM
Rain wrote:
Make sure that you back up your data regularly. It is not stored on the CCL servers, so there is no way we can recover it. It's easy! Click the planet button at the top of your CCL window. Select Data, then Backup Data. Pick a spot to store your backup file, and that's it.

Rain, if I'm not a seller, is there any reason to use the 'back-up' feature?

Right now I'm new and only using CCL to organize and eventually evaulate my collection.

Śح€ДĐŬٱ

Finar Comics my (and should be your) online source for comic subscriptions. Great guy! Quality supplier. Awesome customer service.

Sometimes, um, I pee when I laugh.
Rain
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 6:02:00 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Member
Yes, there is a very good reason to use the back-up feature. All the data about your collection is stored on YOUR computer, not the CCL servers. If you don't want to have to re-enter your whole collection if something goes wrong, a back-up is a very good idea. (It's also helpful if you need to move your collection to a different computer.)
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here

Sceaduo
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 10:07:16 PM
Rain wrote:
Yes, there is a very good reason to use the back-up feature. All the data about your collection is stored on YOUR computer, not the CCL servers. If you don't want to have to re-enter your whole collection if something goes wrong, a back-up is a very good idea. (It's also helpful if you need to move your collection to a different computer.)

Gotcha. Thanks a lot. Back-up... always. Got it.

Śح€ДĐŬٱ

Finar Comics my (and should be your) online source for comic subscriptions. Great guy! Quality supplier. Awesome customer service.

Sometimes, um, I pee when I laugh.
comiczar3
Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:04:03 PM
THANKS RAIN BUT: Seriously I have no idea how to just add my comics to sell here did that credit card thing have it on my computer (but got some error message on my computer). I've clicked on everything. I want to use my image of the actual item not some scan of an issue in a grade other than what I am adding. Can't we click on something and manually upload what we have.
http://graphic-illusion.com
a_Kid_4_life
Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:15:58 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
you can add you scan to your collection under peronal then use it for your selling image.
a_Kid_4_life
Sunday, June 29, 2008 1:11:16 AM
I know it is not staying with the thread, but this is the best place to ask. I was gping through some of my old comics and came accross 1 with a double cover. I have only seen it once before & would like to know what the oddas are of rhis & how it chances the value if at all.
stevetuk
Sunday, June 29, 2008 4:24:08 AM
a_Kid_4_life wrote:
I know it is not staying with the thread, but this is the best place to ask. I was gping through some of my old comics and came accross 1 with a double cover. I have only seen it once before & would like to know what the oddas are of rhis & how it chances the value if at all.

It's a binding defect - they're only really more than a curio if the comic itself is something worth chasing. So if the double cover is on something like New Warriors #7 then don't get too excited, but if it's a Spider-Man #300 that'll be a different story.

I had a double cover recently on the recent Giant-Size Hulk - however the top cover was the standard and the bottom cover was the variant. So a double-cover but not really! Nice different take on a relatively common binding fault though.
comicscastle
Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:16:50 AM
stevetuk wrote:
a_Kid_4_life wrote:

It's a binding defect - they're only really more than a curio if the comic itself is something worth chasing. So if the double cover is on something like New Warriors #7 then don't get too excited, but if it's a Spider-Man #300 that'll be a different story.

I had a double cover recently on the recent Giant-Size Hulk - however the top cover was the standard and the bottom cover was the variant. So a double-cover but not really! Nice different take on a relatively common binding fault though.
They only advantage is the outer cover sometimes protects the inner cover making it a higher grade. As to the Giant-Size Hulk..all issues were published that way on purpose.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

comicnutz
Sunday, June 29, 2008 2:58:48 PM
Personally, I think it would be cool if the publishers would do a double cover on alot of books like the Giant-Size Hulk. They could put 'virgin' covers on the interior one, for example. Sometimes there is really cool art blocked by text, logos, and barcodes...
WolfHolley
Sunday, June 29, 2008 9:22:56 PM
Some collectors seek out double covers and are willing to pay a bit more for it. I have had several double covers over my years of collecting and think it is a cool binding defect.
R.T. (our newborn son) needs to move these comicbooks out of his room. Could you please help. Here, you take this box.

PIMPING MY BUSINESS

Let me help you save up to 80% on dental costs

LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR
MorganB
Monday, June 30, 2008 10:36:06 AM
comiczar3 wrote:
THANKS RAIN BUT: Seriously I have no idea how to just add my comics to sell here did that credit card thing have it on my computer (but got some error message on my computer). I've clicked on everything. I want to use my image of the actual item not some scan of an issue in a grade other than what I am adding. Can't we click on something and manually upload what we have.

I've sent you a PM in regards to this matter - :) Thanks.

Morganb
a_Kid_4_life
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 5:51:40 PM
I was digging out some more of my comics from storage & came accross a Marvel Comics Index #5 with Thor on the cover & inside it covers Thors appearance im many comics and gives details of each issues content. It's from November 1977. My questions are are these in the data base & if so where? The other is What is the value range? Thanks
Mgrover54
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:18:12 PM
Rain wrote:

ok i understand this. in the event we have to do this how do we access the backup when we reinstall???? I need help
CBG
Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:58:15 PM
I have a question.
I never really thought about it because I recently started buying a lot of back issues...
How do I recognize a reprint?
Does a reprint have this color mark on top of every page? Think
Help appreciated Happy
comicscastle
Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:28:42 PM
CBG wrote:
I have a question.
I never really thought about it because I recently started buying a lot of back issues...
How do I recognize a reprint?
Does a reprint have this color mark on top of every page? Think
Help appreciated Happy
Look at the indicia. The second print information is usually located at the end of the information or right after the issue number. Note I said "usually", not all 2nd prints state the information.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

CBG
Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:02:03 PM
Ok, thanks for that. Happy
But what's up with those marks on every page? I am talking about books that are a little bit older. Every page has a little colored rectangle on top. Does this automatically mean it is a reprint?
NEXTLVL
Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:08:29 PM
no those where for distribution purposes .
CCL's resident pothead!!!!!

I DO CUSTOM FIGURES/STATUES EITHER CUSTOM OR I MAKE IT FROM SCRATCH . ASK FOR INFO

CBG
Friday, October 30, 2009 9:18:41 PM
Hey, I hope somebody can help me with this. At the moment, I own 1628 comic books. Some of them are in a different language ( I would say... uhm... 15% ).
I do NOT want to sell my collection, but I would like to find out if I own a few books that might be worth a bit.

Now, looking for prices for each book will probably take a few weeks I guess.

Is there somebody who could look or skim through my list and tell me if there are some noteworthy books?
I would really like to do it myself but until 2 years ago I collected non-English books and I mainly focused on reading them, rather than finding out what they are worth.

My list contains all my comic books ( alphabetically ordered ).
Help is appreciated. Big Grin

PS: Thanks by the way for answering my last question. Kind of opened my eyes. lol, I thought 80% of my comics were reprints! Laughing