Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » DC Comics » Futures End
fenix1977
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:31:23 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I only will pay attention to the books that are already on my pull list..and then scratch my head and probably feel as if I just tossed money into a fire.
Xylob
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:49:01 AM
Groups: Approver, Member
LordMikel wrote:
For those of you still reading this series. This month all comics are a Future's End special. I've not being following the storyline, so is it worth it to get titles that I normally get? For example, Batgirl is on my pull list, should I get the Future's End Batgirl or will I simply be confused.
If the Batgirl issue is like any of the issues I've picked up so far... you'll be completely lost, it won't make a bit of sense.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
padreglcc
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:30:28 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Xylob wrote:
LordMikel wrote:
For those of you still reading this series. This month all comics are a Future's End special. I've not being following the storyline, so is it worth it to get titles that I normally get? For example, Batgirl is on my pull list, should I get the Future's End Batgirl or will I simply be confused.
If the Batgirl issue is like any of the issues I've picked up so far... you'll be completely lost, it won't make a bit of sense.

What Xylob said. All of these issue jump about 5 years ahead of where the books are at now. Many of give some back stories as to how characters in the Futures End weekly series got to where they're at in that series, but some are completely stand-alone. Since Batgirl hasn't been seen in Futures End yet, I'm guessing that one's a stand-alone book.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Problems with the CCL Software or Website? Contact the CCL Helpdesk:
Email: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Phone: 615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Make sure you understand the Forum Rules
Xylob
Thursday, September 25, 2014 6:31:11 PM
Anybody else notice the Predator in the last panel of Sinestro FE #1?
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
padreglcc
Thursday, September 25, 2014 8:50:55 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Xylob wrote:
Anybody else notice the Predator in the last panel of Sinestro FE #1?

Bwahahaha! That's awesome!
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Tamwood
Thursday, September 25, 2014 9:56:57 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
IMO, the Batgirl FE issue was the only one I read/browsed through that made even a lick of sense. And it was nice seeing a couple of old friends again. >.>
padreglcc
Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:16:04 PM
Tamwood wrote:
IMO, the Batgirl FE issue was the only one I read/browsed through that made even a lick of sense. And it was nice seeing a couple of old friends again. >.>

That was a fun stand alone issue. Some of the FE books have been like that - completely self-contained. Some have tied into their regular series. And a few, like Superman and Green Arrow, tie in pretty heavily to events in the regular Futures End title.

bluedevil2002
Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:53:20 PM
Groups: Member
BurningDoom wrote:
Was there ever a Dick Grayson in the Animated Universe? I remember Tim Drake getting Dick Grayson's origin in the cartoon.

Dick was Robin all during the Fox run of the cartoon. When it moved to WB (and Batman lost the yellow oval), Dick became Nightwing, and Tim Drake was introduced with Jason Todd's origin.
Xylob
Friday, September 26, 2014 6:53:58 AM
I've liked the Superman and Booster Gold issues so far. Red Lanterns was OK too.
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

ukblueky
Friday, September 26, 2014 3:03:04 PM
I've been reading Futures End from the beginning so its not an issue of "what the heck is going on here/" but am I the only one rather disappointed in most of the one shot issues that came out. Granted I haven't read all of them but the vast majority of what I have read has been utter crap. The only two that I have cared for so far are Green Arrow (which ties in heavily to the main Futures End story) and Green Lantern. The Harley Quinn issue was garbage, of course I should have known that before reading the first page. New Suicide Squad seemed to be nothing but a low quality fan fic. Wonder Woman had me confused to the point my brain hurt. Grayson tried to rip off the movie Momento, as far as how the story was told, but failed miserably. Justice League United was so so and I honestly only got it because its part one of a two part story with Justice League so I didn't want to be lost when I read that issue. Still haven't read the Batman ones, Flash or Aquaman so maybe they will be better. At this point I'm not holding my breath.
Xylob
Friday, September 26, 2014 5:16:41 PM
Justice League was total garbage.
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

padreglcc
Friday, September 26, 2014 6:00:40 PM
Xylob wrote:
Justice League was total garbage.

I enjoyed the JLU/Justice League story.

Xylob
Friday, September 26, 2014 9:17:47 PM
I didn't pick up the JLU issue, but found the writing and artwork in the JL to be sub-par (at best).
But, then again, I don't care much for the Legion either.
Tongue
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

padreglcc
Friday, September 26, 2014 11:23:19 PM
Xylob wrote:
I didn't pick up the JLU issue, but found the writing and artwork in the JL to be sub-par (at best).
But, then again, I don't care much for the Legion either.
Tongue

I agree that the art was sub-par. That's probably my biggest complaint against the Futures End tie-ins. But I enjoyed the story. I can see how not reading the first part of the story might put a crimp in that. And yeah, being a Legion fan helped a lot. Winking

fenix1977
Tuesday, September 30, 2014 1:54:56 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Tamwood wrote:

I totally loved seeing a certain blond haired character back in her batsuit!Dancing Dancing
ukblueky
Saturday, October 04, 2014 12:05:51 AM
Okay read a few more of the one shots and they were slightly better. First up was Aquaman, its part 1 of a 2 part story. This was actually a pretty good issue. It is near the tops of these one shots I have read. Batman & Robin, again a pretty decent issue. We get to see a new Robin (who apparently made his comic debut in the Zero Year storyline). Superman/Batman, okay now this one has me really confused. In it Bruce has a broken back from a butt whopping from Superman. Apparently Batman done something that ticked off all the super heroes, especially Superman. Batman being Batman doesn't give the broken back proper time to heal and completely breaks it beyond repair and is bound to wheelchair in the end. In the other Batman one shots I read or scanned through he doesn't have a broken back. So my question is when does the broken back happen? All the one shots are 5 years in the future. I'm assuming taking place during the Futures End weekly comic time line. If anyone knows let me in on the secret.
Xylob
Saturday, October 04, 2014 8:56:58 AM
IIRC, the Superman/Batman issue takes place further into the future than the 5 years where everything else is set.
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob
Monday, December 15, 2014 3:26:59 PM
Xylob wrote:
...I really think Ronnie's professor is going to become a "bad guy". He's got the means and the motive...

Ooh
SPOILER ALERT!
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

padreglcc
Monday, December 15, 2014 3:35:03 PM
Xylob wrote:
Xylob wrote:
...I really think Ronnie's professor is going to become a "bad guy". He's got the means and the motive...

Ooh
SPOILER ALERT!

Nailed it!

Xylob
Monday, December 15, 2014 4:26:49 PM
well... the foreshadowing was rather heavy-handed on that
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747