or this

this

or this

this

or this

I just tired of all the constant changes and most not all of them cartoonish
padreglcc
Saturday, March 21, 2015 2:47:30 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Change is constant. It can not be prevented. It doesn't mean it's always good, but some of it is. I'm glad comics don't still have the same style they did in the golden age, and I'm glad the way superhero art and characterization looks has changed since then. I'm not saying you need to be happy. Just saying that change isn't always bad.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Problems with the CCL Software or Website? Contact the CCL Helpdesk:
Email: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Phone: 615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Make sure you understand the Forum Rules
treker10
Saturday, March 21, 2015 4:02:51 PM
Groups: Member
padreglcc wrote:
Change is constant. It can not be prevented. It doesn't mean it's always good, but some of it is. I'm glad comics don't still have the same style they did in the golden age, and I'm glad the way superhero art and characterization looks has changed since then. I'm not saying you need to be happy. Just saying that change isn't always bad.

I know change isn't always bad. However, it's about being consistence. Since 2010 how many reboots has DC done, how many books have been cancelled from 2010-2014, how books have been changed since then. Detective Comics and Action Comics were DC longest running books and art and story changes were made from the 1940's till now without effecting the book, that's 70's years. How many changes have been made in 4 years. It's a pain when books you are reading don't make it pass 12 issues because replacements or changes are take over. I keep using Batgirl as an example, Cassandra Cain as Batgirl ran for 80 some issues then Stephanie Brown and Barbara Gordon. All of them kickass Batgirls with their own style and personalities and I would read any of them until now, where Barbara Gordon doesn't fight crime but takes selfies. Some changes just suck.
monidaw1
Friday, March 27, 2015 2:28:51 PM
On the list of New #1's I don't see Cyborg, Dark Universe or Mystic U in the Previews book or in the order form booklet.

Mad Max: Fury Road #1 is in the Preview for June but it's in the Vertigo section.

Delayed until July or cancelled?
padreglcc
Friday, March 27, 2015 3:20:09 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
monidaw1 wrote:
On the list of New #1's I don't see Cyborg, Dark Universe or Mystic U in the Previews book or in the order form booklet.

Mad Max: Fury Road #1 is in the Preview for June but it's in the Vertigo section.

Delayed until July or cancelled?

Unknown. I haven't seen anything else about these three books, so maybe my original info was incorrect. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

monidaw1
Thursday, April 02, 2015 9:41:02 AM
0's out for Convergence and it looks like we just paid for a list of comics DC thinks are key issues in their past with pictures and descriptions taking up what felt like a third of the book. If I'm understanding this based on very limited New 52 experience going into this, the Brainiac godmachinething has all these cities saved from across the multiverses of the past. That gives them the option to write the 2 issue stories asuming they take place in those cities only and they don't need to leave the city for any reason. They showed people beating on the domes and New 52 Superman upset about it so apparently the people know they're bottled like rats in a cage which kinda convlutes the retro stories happening uninfluenced. The whole vote to save your favorite thing is still very vague at this point also. Are we going to get a pay per use phone number at the end of the #2 issues to save our favorites like the guy on American Idol last night? You'd think for $4.99 cover price this stuff would be a little clearer afterwards and not have a half baked thrown together feel with a full of holes aftertaste. Think
Xylob
Thursday, April 02, 2015 6:11:39 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
monidaw1 wrote:
...You'd think for $4.99 cover price this stuff would be a little clearer afterwards and not have a half baked thrown together feel with a full of holes aftertaste. Think
I've been collecting comics since the late 80s, so.... no, I wouldn't expect that at all.
Big Grin
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
padreglcc
Sunday, April 05, 2015 11:53:13 AM
monidaw1 wrote:
0's out for Convergence and it looks like we just paid for a list of comics DC thinks are key issues in their past with pictures and descriptions taking up what felt like a third of the book.

30 pages of story, 10 pages of Convergence cities. That's a quarter, not a third. Winking

monidaw1 wrote:
You'd think for $4.99 cover price this stuff would be a little clearer afterwards and not have a half baked thrown together feel with a full of holes aftertaste. Think

Nope. Not for a zero issue. I expect zero issues to do pretty much exactly what this one did - introduce a character/plot. It does.

monidaw1
Monday, April 06, 2015 10:53:42 AM
Quote:
0's out for Convergence and it looks like we just paid for a list of comics DC thinks are key issues in their past with pictures and descriptions taking up what felt like a third of the book.

30 pages of story, 10 pages of Convergence cities. That's a quarter, not a third. Winking

Hopefully by the time issue #1 gets here Wednesday I'll know a bit more about it. So far the whole Convergence thing has had a who cares kinda vibe from the walk-ins. Exactly one copy of the zero issue has left so far and one of the DC weekly guys put a zero in his hold-box to replace the two weeklies he was getting. He wasn't real thrilled about the cover price not being $2.99 though and passed on it until right before he left after we talked about it for 20 minutes or so looking at the posters hanging above the front cheap boxes. I started reading Justice League International which I should blow through quickly and get started on the Justice League New 52 title this week so maybe it'll make more sense with more New 52's read.

padreglcc
Monday, April 06, 2015 11:21:02 AM
monidaw1 wrote:
Quote:

Hopefully by the time issue #1 gets here Wednesday I'll know a bit more about it. So far the whole Convergence thing has had a who cares kinda vibe from the walk-ins. Exactly one copy of the zero issue has left so far and one of the DC weekly guys put a zero in his hold-box to replace the two weeklies he was getting. He wasn't real thrilled about the cover price not being $2.99 though and passed on it until right before he left after we talked about it for 20 minutes or so looking at the posters hanging above the front cheap boxes. I started reading Justice League International which I should blow through quickly and get started on the Justice League New 52 title this week so maybe it'll make more sense with more New 52's read.

Really, it's the Superman titles, and especially the Superman Doomed storyline, along with Futures End and Earth 2 that will feed into Convergence.

monidaw1
Monday, April 06, 2015 12:09:28 PM
Quote:
Really, it's the Superman titles, and especially the Superman Doomed storyline, along with Futures End and Earth 2 that will feed into Convergence.

I don't have any of those in the private stock. I do mainly DC team books and used New 52 as a stopping point except for Teen Titans which I've read complete through the last Annual and the first few issues of Firestorm which got cancelled. I've got all the Justice League International and I just read where they say in Issue #1 that the Justice League had already been around for 5 years which I was under the impression they started fresh and at the same time. I've got a good chunk of Justice League and Justice League of America ready to read and some Legion of Superheroes which also appears to have been cancelled. Obviously I'm most excited about the Convergence team stories but the whole city in a bottle thing where they know they're in a bottle type setup makes me wonder how they can tell a decent retro story. The Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes one alone seems like it would need universe or at least solar system in a bottle size bottles. Imagine the fun trying to explain this to people who aren't existting DC customers. You remember Crisis? No, You remember Zero Hour? No. Do you remember Flashpoint? No. Have you ever read a comic book prior to last year when we moved to town? No. There's a good portion of the local community that wasn't even alive yet when the spin racks came out of the old 7-Eleven, drug stores and gas stations in 1991 cutting off their source for ever stumbling onto this stuff as they grew up.

Update: So Justice League International #9 continues into Firestorm's #9 which I don't have. Justice League International ends after 12 issues and an annual and continues into Justice League which they established back in issue #1 that the Justice League had been around 5 years already at that point. So now if Justice League 1 begins with an orgin story like the cartoon version with the messed up Shazam, then they only have to progress the timeline about 6 months an issue to intersect smoothly with Justice League International and Firestorm. Now I'm thinking it might take until issue #2 of Convergence to get this New 52 and Convergence thing nailed down enough to explain but at least we know who OMAC and Brother Eye are.
monidaw1
Wednesday, April 08, 2015 5:17:19 PM
Convergence #1 was pretty much a wander in the woods at night without a flashlight. No clue who anyone was or what any references they made were referring to until the very end when the announcements were being made to the cities.

The Harley Quinn and Teen Titans issues aren't horrible and appear to be able to stand alone from the weekly series. It appears each 2 issue series is having someone face off against someone from another city in issue #2. Only one will survive the day!!!! Now how they get from what should be 80-82 cities down to 40-41 is fairly straight forward. Anything beyond that is still completely vague. Maybe the Free Comic Book Day Divergence issue will have a final bracket setup and a phone number to vote or something to clear this up. It should be here any day now. Big Grin

Now for a short break to check on how the Battle Droids are doing then on to Convergence Justice League.

Convergence Justice League of all girls and a monkey babysitter wasn't bad either. Vader's death droids bringing the hurt and smoking everything named Convergence so far. Gotta bump that up the read list next time. Now to see what the Ant-man's up to.

Well that was disappointing. FCBD Divergence's got nothing to do with Convergence. (Applying duck tape to not openly criticize until May 2nd).
monidaw1
Wednesday, April 29, 2015 11:23:30 AM
Halo switched to the white costume after getting back from the island
in issue 14 (Dec 1986). The coma storyline started at the end of issue 28(Feb 1988). She's in a coma in Convergence Batman and the Outsiders. What costume do you think she'll wake up and put on? I'm thinking this city was taken captive in 1988 when I was in Frankfurt and adding one year would make it about the same time the Berlin Wall was coming down that the dome wall over the city is. No confusion here at all.
padreglcc
Wednesday, April 29, 2015 11:48:11 AM
monidaw1 wrote:
Convergence #1 was pretty much a wander in the woods at night without a flashlight. No clue who anyone was or what any references they made were referring to until the very end when the announcements were being made to the cities.

All those characters are out of the Earth 2 book, which I told you would play into Convergence. The main convergence book is going to be all about those characters and then will probably flow out into the new Earth 2: Society book.

ukblueky
Tuesday, May 05, 2015 1:52:49 AM
In my opinion Convergence has been a big let down. All the number 1 issue of the two issue series are essentially the same story just with a different character inserted. Really wished I would have not pre ordered all those books and just passed on this so called event. Even the deaths in the main Convergence book have been ho hum no surprises. He's to hoping this story goes somewhere in its second act.
monidaw1
Thursday, May 07, 2015 7:58:36 AM
Is anyone making a list of which new series are prequeled in the back of the issue 2's?

Titans 2 has Red Hood & Arsenal

Harley Quinn 2 has Section Eight

Atom 2 prequels Green Lantern 41 what sounds like a story arc called Hal Jordan: Renegade

Nightwing & Oracle 2 has Midnighter

Batgirl 2 has Prez

Speed Force 2 prequels Green Arrow 41

Batman & Robin 2 has Omega Men

Question 2 has Starfire

Superman 2 has Doomed

Justice League 2 prequels Detective Comics 41

Xylob
Thursday, May 07, 2015 5:48:18 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
monidaw1 wrote:
...Superman 2 has Doomed...
as in the story arc that took place last year?
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
monidaw1
Friday, May 08, 2015 9:55:06 AM
There are 20+ new DC #1 issues starting in June as they ditch the New 52 thing. Doomed and most of the rest of the Prequels are to those #1's unless I mentioned an ongoing series 41 issue which also appears to have big changes in progress from the issue 40's being prequeled.

BATMAN BEYOND #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #1
ROBIN: SON OF BATMAN #1
WE AREROBIN #1
BAT-MITE #1
BIZARRO #1
BLACK CANARY #1
CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER #1
DOOMED #1
DR. FATE #1
EARTH 2: SOCIETY #1
GREEN LANTERN: THE LOST ARMY #1
HARLEY QUINN/POWER GIRL #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE 3001 #1
MARTIAN MANHUNTER #1
THE OMEGA MEN #1
PREZ #1
RED HOOD/ARSENAL #1
SECTION 8 #1
STARFIRE #1
Midnighter #1
and DC/Vertigo has Mad Max: Fury Road #1.

Some of the big changes as near as I can interpret them

Superman's now going to look like a slightly less stupid version of the 1990's Superboy.

Superboy appears to now look like the 1980's Superman and might have a secret fixation thing for Starfire.

Batman's nowhere to be seen but commisioner Gordon's dressed up in a knockoff imitation of Ironman armor that most likely was confiscated during a DC/Marvel flea market raid of fake designer imports during the whole Amalgam period. Good thing they don't clean out the evidence room too often.

The Justice league may never have a storyline in America again and possibly never on the planet itself seeming to be off to take on problems that should have been handled by the Green Lantern Corp.

Hopefully this becomes clearer soon.

Just finished Justice League 2 with the Detective Comics 41 preview and it appears Commisioner Ironmanbat is going to be carrying Detective Comics storyline also.
ratrapp
Sunday, May 10, 2015 4:21:34 PM
I thought the age of ultron story line was bad until I started reading this.
monidaw1
Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:57:00 PM
Convergence Superman The Man Of Steel #2 Prequels Bizarro #1

Convergence Supergirl Matrix #2 Prequels Batmite

Convergence Superboy #2 Prequesl Action Comics 41

Convergence Suicide Squad #2 Prequels Aquaman 41

Convergence Justice League International #2 Prequels Justice League 3001

Convergence Green Lantern Parallax #2 Prequels Lobo #7

Convergence Green Arrow #2 Prequels Green Lantern The Lost Army

Convergence Catwoman #2 Prequels Gotham By Midnight #6

Convergence Batman Shadow Of The Bat #2 Prequels Deathstroke #7