Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » DC Comics » DC's Convergence
Shadowdodger
Monday, May 18, 2015 1:03:24 PM
Groups: Member
OK, let me start by saying other than I know the event exists, I know nothing of Convergence despite the fact the I collect Aquaman and The Flash. I have not read any of the related issues nor have I read this enitre thread because I'm work and I don't have the time right now.

So my question is this: When this is over will they go back to the regular numbering sequence? Are they re-launching the DCU again? Any help for this lazy reader will be greatly appreciated.
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
padreglcc
Monday, May 18, 2015 1:14:20 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Shadowdodger wrote:
OK, let me start by saying other than I know the event exists, I know nothing of Convergence despite the fact the I collect Aquaman and The Flash. I have not read any of the related issues nor have I read this enitre thread because I'm work and I don't have the time right now.

So my question is this: When this is over will they go back to the regular numbering sequence? Are they re-launching the DCU again? Any help for this lazy reader will be greatly appreciated.

To answer your questions. When this event is over, both Aquaman and Flash will return to their regular numbering for the 2011 series, both starting again at #41. Nothing will be changed as far as I know in either series. This is not a complete reboot of the DC Universe, it's just opening the door for stories beyond the New 52 continuity to be told, or at least that's how I understand it.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Problems with the CCL Software or Website? Contact the CCL Helpdesk:
Email: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Phone: 615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Make sure you understand the Forum Rules
Shadowdodger
Monday, May 18, 2015 2:45:54 PM
padreglcc wrote:
Shadowdodger wrote:

To answer your questions. When this event is over, both Aquaman and Flash will return to their regular numbering for the 2011 series, both starting again at #41. Nothing will be changed as far as I know in either series. This is not a complete reboot of the DC Universe, it's just opening the door for stories beyond the New 52 continuity to be told, or at least that's how I understand it.

Thank you, padreglcc!
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
monidaw1
Wednesday, May 20, 2015 1:30:58 PM
Convergence:Adventures of Superman #2 Prequels Martian Manhunter #1

Convergence: Batman and the Outsiders #2 Prequels Batman Beyond #1

Convergence: Flash #2 Prequels New Suicide Squad #9

Convergence: Green Lantern Corps #2 Prequels Gotham Academy 7

Convergence: Hawkman #2 Prequels Grayson #9

Convergence: Justice League Of America #2 Prequels Batman/Superman 21(by appearances it should be retitled Commissioner IronmanBat Vesus SuperBikerman)

Convergence: New Teen Titans #2 Prequels Robin Son of Batman #1

Convergence: Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes #2 Prequels Teen Titans 9

Convergence: Swamp Thing #2 Prequels Catwoman

Convergence: Wonder Woman #2 Prequels Secret Six

This week's issues also contain 8 page ads for what they're calling now the DCYOU, descriptions of the 49 titles and release dates each including the missing Cyborg #1 for July 22nd.
Xylob
Friday, May 22, 2015 7:10:20 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
I dig the main series, but so far every tie-in issue I've bought is crap except for the Booster Gold...
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
padreglcc
Friday, May 22, 2015 10:20:43 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Xylob wrote:
I dig the main series, but so far every tie-in issue I've bought is crap except for the Booster Gold...

Pretty much agree. The main series has been great, and the Booster Gold tie-in is good (very cool that it's finishing the story from the Futures End book. There have been a couple of other cool tie-ins - Flash, Paralax, Supergirl - but they don't really matter to the overall story.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Xylob
Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:38:33 PM
well, except for the Booster Gold issues, I basically threw money away on all the tie-in issues I bought...

are the "previews" at the end of the #2s part of the issues they tell you to buy?
for example the JSA issue has the "Truth" story and says "to be continued in Superman/Wonder Woman #18". Will S/W include what is printed in the JSA book, or will it pick up from where the JSA book ended?
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
monidaw1
Monday, June 15, 2015 5:36:46 PM
Quoting Batman

"We're going to do battle --not only for our own universe, but for every other one that exists--or will exist!"

1962 Justice League Of America #13
bluedevil2002
Monday, June 15, 2015 11:02:08 PM
padreglcc wrote:
This is not a complete reboot of the DC Universe, it's just opening the door for stories beyond the New 52 continuity to be told, or at least that's how I understand it.

Mainly, it was a way for DC to have product to sell during the two months they were taking off to move cross country.
padreglcc
Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:37:05 PM
bluedevil2002 wrote:
padreglcc wrote:
This is not a complete reboot of the DC Universe, it's just opening the door for stories beyond the New 52 continuity to be told, or at least that's how I understand it.

Mainly, it was a way for DC to have product to sell during the two months they were taking off to move cross country.

True. The main series does essentially serve as a bridge between the ends of Earth 2 & Earth 2: World's End and the beginning of Earth 2: Society.

Thundercron
Tuesday, June 16, 2015 2:27:23 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
bluedevil2002 wrote:
padreglcc wrote:

I don't get it. They were too busy with the move to publish their regular ongoing titles, but they weren't too busy to publish a slate of other titles? Why could moving prohibit one and not the other?

Also, it doesn't take a company two months to relocate headquarters. Not to mention stopping production on their products during the move. Can you imagine any other large company simply halting production for two months simply because of a move? I don't buy it.
bluedevil2002
Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:27:13 PM
They brought in editors specifically for Convergence. Originally, it was supposed to be Tom DeFalco, according to Bleeding Cool.

Now granted, I have no inside knowledge, so this is all speculation. I know that DC has moved several times within NYC with no disruption to the publishing schedule. However, those moves could be accomplished with the entire editorial staff intact. Plus, if you're just moving a few blocks, you can move one office at a time, and still work out of both offices for a while if need be. It seems like it would be a little more complicated trying to hodge podge your offices across two coasts.

I imagine moving across country is a lot more complicated. Many staff members did not make the move. Some of them were replaced, while other positions were reassigned or consolidated. It probably took a bit of a time to figure all of that out.

DC decided that the best option for themselves was to not burden themselves with the bulk of their normal publishing operation. But then they realized that they couldn't just disappear from shelves for two months. So, they hired some folks who could work on an event without the burden of moving. Also, the nature of the event was something that could be worked on at any time. So, either the event books could be worked on from a satellite location (or the old NYC offices as everyone else moved out), or they were worked on while all of the regular editors were handling their normal workloads for the February and March books.

This also gave the added benefit of giving many of the regular creators some time off and/or get ahead.
icarus201
Sunday, July 26, 2015 8:17:23 AM
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
So, is the event "Convergence" itself, over? What did it achieve and what state the DC universe afterwards?
Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Sunday, July 26, 2015 8:33:03 AM
I think ultimately the result/goal was to eliminate the use of the word "continuity".
Good for some fans, bad for others.
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

monidaw1
Sunday, August 02, 2015 4:05:07 PM
Some good may finally be coming from Convergence.

Titans Hunt #1 - "Convergence is over, but the ripples are still being felt, especially by a young precog named Lilith. What are these visions she's having of a Teen Titans team the world never knew? And why does she feel compelled to seek out Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, Donna Troy and an Atlantean named Garth and warn them that something dark and sinister is coming after them? Who are Mal, Gnarrk, Hank Hall and Dawn Granger, and what is their connection to the others--and to the fate of every soul on Earth? This is the Secret History of the Teen Titans!"

Quoted from the Previews book.
Patricio
Wednesday, December 16, 2015 1:30:02 PM
It is sad this event lasted only a couple issues, I wanted to see more Batman and the Outsiders from the 80's.
ukblueky
Wednesday, December 16, 2015 4:11:25 PM
Oh lord I'm glad it was only 2 issues. It was so pointless and horrible. I might not be as irritated about it if I hadn't been duped into buying tons of tie ins that had zero to do with the main story.