Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » DC Characters » DC Character Opinions
Aegaleus
Sunday, March 23, 2014 12:38:10 AM
Groups: Member
Mu. This term is to express negative response is often interpreted as suggesting the question is wrong, or a categorical response cannot be provided within the given parameters. Just how I feel when people ask who's your fav' character or who's your fav' publisher.

Anyway, I suppose I was impressed by the Joker. His philosophy of Batman's monarchy over Gotham and those who serve him is interesting for a psychology student (myself). I really wanted to say Batgirl because when she was fighting with her brother it gave me a glimmer of hope that's she's going to step out from Batman's shadow, but the Joker trumps by being more proactive than Babs currently is about her own ideals. To be fair I've only read the first 20ish issues of Batgirl, so I may be a bit behind on her character development now.

A character I really don't like would have to be Wonder Girl. And I really want to like her. She's drawn well, costume is awesome, attractive girl and all, but most abrasive personality. Resistant to everything. Pathetic in the way of team-work in the field (not that Red Robin is leading much of an example if we consider him team leader). But again I've only read the first 20ish issues so far so hopefully she chills a bit, or displays a reason why I should consider her resistance a strength where others would fail.

A character I was wanting to see more of is that Harper kid with vibrant hair from Batman. And from the whispers I've heard on the net I've either got my wish already somewhere in the pages of ish 20-30 or there's definite plans to make something more of her soon. The new-age teen really hits home with me. I see a lot of myself in her (aside from the gender difference). So far I've got: She's proactive to uphold her values, she idolizes the baddest of them all, none other than the Batman, she doesn't follow orders that are stupid or work against her own values (like being told to quit from her idol), and she's an outcast with only her brother for company (as am I).
"And maybe, if I fly fast enough,
I'll be able to turn around and look at the world and see where I belong"

-Carol Danvers
MoonKnight1
Saturday, March 29, 2014 12:07:27 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
BurningDoom wrote:
WingedWarrior wrote:
Favorite: Hawkman, Flash (Wally) and Dick Grayson.
Least: Plastic Man
Need More of: Aquaman and Hawkman.

I need more Aquaman like I need ass-less chaps, and for those of you wonder, that's none.

-Nate-

That's funny, Nate. In my mind, however, I have always pictured you wearing ass-less chaps!

As to the topic - tough to decide but I will go with:

Favorite: Animal Man

Least: Lobo

Need More: G'Nort

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
BatofGold
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:45:43 PM
I think DC is having difficulty keeping up a classic, Golden Age feel with heroes in today's Marvel-dominated age. If they try to go the other way, it may end up like the Vertigo line, with a lot of psychological dysfunction. Maybe DC needs research to spruce up other characters. Everything else so far is resting on Superman and Batman.
jhorsley3
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:21:40 AM
Favorite: Superman/Batman/Nightwing/Flash <- Really like all these characters and can't pic a favorite.
Least: Eclipso
Need More: Plastic Man

I have a hard time picking a favorite, because it really comes down to what I want to read or what mood I'm in.
Like our facebook page: Th3 Comics
Patricio
Sunday, December 13, 2015 8:58:42 PM
Favorite: Metamorpho

Least Favorite: Booster Gold

Need More: Metamorpho
pottersan
Sunday, February 14, 2016 11:28:02 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Favorite: Ambush Bug
Least Favorite: Most of the Legion of Superheroes..
Need More: Ambush Bug

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

nacho
Thursday, May 12, 2016 10:01:36 PM

Favorite: superman

Least favorite: cyborg

Need more: captain comet ,hawkman
harrystyles12
Tuesday, August 03, 2021 9:33:38 AM
Favorite: Kyle Rayner

My least Favorite: Robin in any incarnation

Need More of Captain Atom

I once heard that another new character is in the build who plays golf and had a very dark past and his obsession for LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR golf tips and how he prepares himself for a fight is really impressive I hope this ain't any kind of rumor .
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, August 03, 2021 1:32:07 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
harrystyles12 wrote:
Favorite: Kyle Rayner

My least Favorite: Robin in any incarnation

Need More of Captain Atom

I once heard that another new character is in the build who plays golf and had a very dark past and his obsession for golf tips and how he prepares himself for a fight is really impressive I hope this ain't any kind of rumor .

Woah! A comic book based on a golf obsessed character with a very dark past and his regimen on preparing for combat is tight! This had better be true. Waiting

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
kissthegogoat
Tuesday, November 30, 2021 7:38:16 AM
Favourite: Batman

Least Favorite: Robyn

Need More: Aquaman
chilling zone here