Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Life Outside of Comics » Comic Collectors Anonymous » (Part 2)In case you were wondering whether or not to buy from ComicSupply.com...

(Part 2)In case you were wondering whether or not to buy from ComicSupply.com...

6 pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
JimNunn
Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:40:24 PM
Groups: Member
Ah yes, good old fashioned robbery there.
He doesn't respond to my emails any longer and I've not seen the $200+ dollars on books he owes me which I should have had two months ago. The real kicker is that when I contacted my credit card company they said they couldn't do anything because the transaction happened longer than 90 days ago. How's THAT for thinking you're safe buying pre-ordered comics!!

Anyway, about all the recourse I have left is to post around everywhere I can think of and make people aware of the situation. I tried to report him to the BBB but he isn't a part of that network (go figure).

I also heard that PrinceTamino of Sea Level Comics got stiffed by this guy too. Personally I'd love to see anyone and everyone that visits this forum drop his service if they use it...
vacantpassenger
Friday, October 31, 2008 12:18:43 AM
Did you bring a dispute to your credit company, Jim?
JimNunn
Friday, October 31, 2008 12:19:45 AM
vacantpassenger wrote:

Yeah...

when I contacted my credit card company they said they couldn't do anything because the transaction happened longer than 90 days ago.

Pre-orders are 60 days out and I tried to work with him for 60 days past that. Suffice to say I'm a little less trusting these days.
vacantpassenger
Friday, October 31, 2008 12:27:07 AM
JimNunn wrote:
vacantpassenger wrote:

Yeah...

when I contacted my credit card company they said they couldn't do anything because the transaction happened longer than 90 days ago.

Pre-orders are 60 days out and I tried to work with him for 60 days past that. Suffice to say I'm a little less trusting these days.

Wow!

So they didn't even give you any KY for that, huh? That sucks bro. Sorry to hear that!
KingZombie
Friday, October 31, 2008 7:01:38 PM
Do you a telephone number to call? If I were you, I would call him daily until he addressed the problem. $200 is a lot of money, if he's going to get away with it, he needs to be harrassed like there is no tomorrow.
Spider-Man
Saturday, November 01, 2008 10:16:51 AM
Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber
KingZombie wrote:
Do you a telephone number to call? If I were you, I would call him daily until he addressed the problem. $200 is a lot of money, if he's going to get away with it, he needs to be harrassed like there is no tomorrow.

Agreed.

They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Call him every day until he refunds you or sends the books. That is a lot of money. Be careful what phone you call from because you don't want him calling and harrassing you back.
ckillian
Saturday, November 01, 2008 11:14:50 PM
Give Russ a call on his own nickel! Lets all campaign to get back Jim's 200 dollars!

Direct from ComicSupply.com:
Quote:
If you have a general question or comment, please fill out the form below and click the "send"-button. You may also contact us by phone at 1-800-978-9696.

Calling Dr. Fate, Emergency!
Calling Dr. Fate, Emergency!
This man needs a sig line!
Dreadnok01
Saturday, January 31, 2009 1:27:35 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
BUMP!

I think this needs to remain an active thread for the good of all CCL buyers.
Jim
Saturday, January 31, 2009 2:29:17 AM
Nice! Good call, Dreadnok!
Title says it all. Shop at your own risk!!!
JRaup
Saturday, January 31, 2009 6:50:32 PM
Stuck for now.
R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

CCL RULES

"Evolution is overrated." - Gorilla Grodd
"So many cross-overs...So many tie-ins..I..need...more...CHARACTER!" - Secret Sacred Wars Roach
CCL Store: JR's Spare Comics
Homepage: www.home.earthlink.net/~deaconblue3
Blog: www.deaconblue.wordpress.com
PSN: JRaup

If you are having trouble logging in, please email helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com for assistance. Be sure to include your user name.
ShenValleyInitiative
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 9:08:12 AM
B
U
M
P
Derkan
Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:56:09 PM
Well, I read this entire thread and all I have to say is wow.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Dreadnok01
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 1:19:39 AM
Jimnunn has any of this been resolved yet?
JimNunn
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 1:33:21 AM
Nope. I emailed him one last time around the first of January and got no response. This person has flat out stolen from me and short of filing a suit in small claims court there isn't anything I can do about it. Avoid this company at all costs if you value your money.
hedgeknight
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 7:47:43 AM
fatherjeff wrote:
So let's chill out a bit and remember that this thread is all about trashing Comicsupply.com! Now, get a pitchfork and some broken glass! Yeargh!!!

That's my thinking too - where do we find this Comic Supply feller? Who's up for a road trip and an ass kicking? That's the way we do business where I'm from.
Winter is coming...
kingfish333
Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:37:51 PM
I remember ordering from them a while ago and I got my order, but it took forever to get it. Good luck to you on this Jim, I hope you get your money back or reach some kind of resolution with the company. You're a good guy, and neither you or anyone deserves to have their money stolen from them.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules HERE

mlsteve
Wednesday, February 18, 2009 3:22:01 AM
Sorry for your loss, these days 200 bucks really hits the wallet, but you are educating other buyers to stay away from creeps like this. With all the things going down now, like not knowing if your job is safe from cutbacks, the rise in prices at stores, gas prices,etc, you have to budget your money wisely. I had three strokes that ended my working career and I"m on disablity so the money is tight. I could not lose two hundred dollars, thats two months of collecting. I was lucky I have a friend that charges me $1.40 on $3.99 comics. I can not go out and ride my motorcycle or play softball or all other normally healthy persons outdoor activitys like I did before. I stepped away from comics for a long time I was busy with work and social life, so after the strokes it was perfect to go back to comic collecting, it helped in the begining with reading, ya thats right I had to learn to walk, read and talk again folks. Now comics are a pleasure, the thrill of the chase, kicking back and reading some great stories. So it's cool to learn about the great people to buy from and the losers not to buy from. I hope you luck next time and I saw that you are from washington state, if you don't mind what city are in. See ya in the funny pages bye
Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.

timing
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:56:13 PM
"What I meant (as I'm sure you read it correctly) was that I am not dying for the business."

After reading this thread I did take my business elsewhere. I've ordered from ComicSupply in the past and sometimes the orders come in smoothly, other times there are absurd delays and no matter what it's always outta their control. I don't buy it and it certainly isn't a good way of doing things, regardless of what business you're in. Thankfully, I was never ripped off like the OP.

So to make a long story short they would have received my order of 2k mylites2 + 2k half-backs and now they won't. It's been placed elsewhere.
comicscastle
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:38:18 PM
timing wrote:
"What I meant (as I'm sure you read it correctly) was that I am not dying for the business."

After reading this thread I did take my business elsewhere. I've ordered from ComicSupply in the past and sometimes the orders come in smoothly, other times there are absurd delays and no matter what it's always outta their control. I don't buy it and it certainly isn't a good way of doing things, regardless of what business you're in. Thankfully, I was never ripped off like the OP.

So to make a long story short they would have received my order of 2k mylites2 + 2k half-backs and now they won't. It's been placed elsewhere.
Good for you, and welcome to CCL.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

Dreadnok01
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 3:59:46 AM
Yet again I bump this. This type of thing needs to be stopped for the good of CCL and the industry in general. Is there enough of this happening to require its own thread? I sincerely hope not and I am glad that most CCL sellers are honest and appreciate the business. I beg everyone here to blow the horn on ANYONE ( CCL or other ) that treats their customers this way. I hope things like this never happen again but I want to keep this thread alive just in case.