Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » TV » Scaryhead's wrestling discussion.
49 pages: First ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49
BurningDoom
Monday, October 10, 2011 8:11:17 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
Did anyone see Raw last week? Holy crap! What a great Raw. I know it's a little late to be posting this, seeing how this week's raw is starting in just a couple hours. But I just wanted to check to see if I was the only one that was caught off guard. At the end of the show I was yelling at the TV "No J.R., not you too!" lol. I really didn't see the walk-out angle happening. I believe that this is actually the first time that this sort of storyline has played out in WWE, WCW, or TNA. There was storyline of outside forces invading, but never of the existing forces quitting.

Can't wait to see what happens this week.

This last week's Impact was a good episode of Impact, actually. Which is surprising as hell considering how incredibly terrible they've been lately. Well until the end, that is. It just slipped out that Hogan put up the entire TNA company in a match he didn't even want to be in to begin with? REALLY?! Ooopsie daisies, sometimes we just say things like that. Just the other day, I accidently bet my house that The Cardinals would win. Rolling Eyes
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Monday, November 07, 2011 8:18:45 PM
Tonight:

Quote:
RAW GETS ROCKED!
RAW GETS ROCKED on the next edition of Raw SuperShow! Tune in to a live, three-hour special featuring The Great One, himself

Quote:
At the request of WWE COO Triple H, EVP of Talent Relations and Interim Raw General Manager John Laurinaitis re-signed Kevin Nash to a WWE contract. Laurinaitis said that the former WWE Champion has confirmed he will be on Raw SuperShow next week.

The Game and Nash have a long and storied history that stems back to their days as Kliq cohorts, alongside WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels. More than a decade after their friendship first rocked WWE behind the scenes, Nash returned earlier this year and was fired by The Game. The near 7-footer attacked Triple H at Night of Champions and Vengeance, then last week on Raw SuperShow, The Cerebral Assassin called out Nash and asked Laurinaitis to re-sign him so he could confront him, face-to-face. Nash shocked Triple H and the WWE Universe when he emerged to attack The Game with a sledgehammer twice, forcing the WWE COO to be rushed to a medical facility. Triple H suffered a concussion and fractured vertebrae in his neck and will be out of action for at least another five weeks.

Now that he’s re-signed, the 7-foot former best friend of The Game will undoubtedly be ready to make his presence known. How will this impact Raw SuperShow? Given the injuries he sustained at the hands of his former best friend, will The Cerebral Assassin even be in any condition to retaliate as planned?

Tune in to Raw SuperShow next Monday on USA Network.
BurningDoom
Wednesday, November 09, 2011 12:13:08 PM
BurningDoom wrote:
Tonight:

Quote:
RAW GETS ROCKED!
RAW GETS ROCKED on the next edition of Raw SuperShow! Tune in to a live, three-hour special featuring The Great One, himself

Quote:
At the request of WWE COO Triple H, EVP of Talent Relations and Interim Raw General Manager John Laurinaitis re-signed Kevin Nash to a WWE contract. Laurinaitis said that the former WWE Champion has confirmed he will be on Raw SuperShow next week.

The Game and Nash have a long and storied history that stems back to their days as Kliq cohorts, alongside WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels. More than a decade after their friendship first rocked WWE behind the scenes, Nash returned earlier this year and was fired by The Game. The near 7-footer attacked Triple H at Night of Champions and Vengeance, then last week on Raw SuperShow, The Cerebral Assassin called out Nash and asked Laurinaitis to re-sign him so he could confront him, face-to-face. Nash shocked Triple H and the WWE Universe when he emerged to attack The Game with a sledgehammer twice, forcing the WWE COO to be rushed to a medical facility. Triple H suffered a concussion and fractured vertebrae in his neck and will be out of action for at least another five weeks.

Now that he’s re-signed, the 7-foot former best friend of The Game will undoubtedly be ready to make his presence known. How will this impact Raw SuperShow? Given the injuries he sustained at the hands of his former best friend, will The Cerebral Assassin even be in any condition to retaliate as planned?

Tune in to Raw SuperShow next Monday on USA Network.

My bad, the 3-hour Raw with the return of The Rock is apparently next Monday.
crackerjack1
Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:01:06 AM
Groups: Member
My wife and I will be going to the 3-Hour show this coming Monday. I can't wait!!!

Supposed Foley and Nash have been more active in live events they have been having too. So hopefully they'll actually do something with them.
BurningDoom
Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:29:08 PM
crackerjack1 wrote:
My wife and I will be going to the 3-Hour show this coming Monday. I can't wait!!!

Supposed Foley and Nash have been more active in live events they have been having too. So hopefully they'll actually do something with them.

Nice! Tell us how the live experience is.
BurningDoom
Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:04:00 PM
Get prepared wrestling fans, I've got a cavalcade of wrestling spectacularness to share with you that I've tracked down on YouTube (your welcome):

First-ever WWF Monday Raw 1/11/1993:

THE FIRST MONDAY NIGHT RAW January 11, 1993 Part 1/6

Main-Event for the Evening:
-The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) vs. Damien Demento

Also:
-Yokozuna (with Mr Fuji) vs. Koko B. Ware
-The Steiner Brothers vs. The Executioners (Duane Gill & Barry Hardy)
-Shawn Michaels vs. Max Moon for the WWF Intercontinental Championship

The first ever Smackdown 4/26/1999:

The first ever smackdown part 1

The Main-Event for the evening:
-The Rock & Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Triple H & The Undertaker

Also:
-Shane McMahon's Corporation and The Undertaker's Dark Ministry merge to form The Corporate-Ministry
-The New Age Outlaws vs. Kane & X-Pac for the Tag Team Titles
-The Big Bossman vs. Mankind (Mick Foley)
-Ken Shamrock (yeah, that Ken Shamrock) vs. Bradshaw (JBL) in a Street Fight
-Owen Hart vs. Val Venis
-The Big Show vs. Test

Poor video quality, but still watchable.

The very next episode of WWF Raw following the first ever Smackdown 5/3/1999:

WWF Raw is War 5/3/99 Part 1 - Corporate Ministry (first promo for this faction)

Main-Event For the evening:
-The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin in a Lumberjack Match

Also:
-The Union forms to battle the newly merged Corporate-Ministry
-The Undertaker vs. The Big Show
-"Bad Ass" Billy Gun vs. X-Pac
-Shane McMahon vs. Vince McMahon
-Mankind (Mick Foley) vs. The Acolytes (Bradsaw (JBL) & Farooq)
-Triple H vs. Ken Shamrock
-Debra vs. Sable in a Bra & Panties Match

The first episode of the Smackdown series (this one aired August 26, 1999, while the first Smackdown posted above was actually a sort of test episode that aired way back on April 29, 1999):

WWF SmackDown 8/26/1999 (part 1)

The Main-Event for the evening:
The Rock vs. Triple H for the WWF Championship with Shawn Michaels as the Special Guest-Referee

Also:
-Jeff Jarret vs. "Bad Ass" Billy Gunn
-X-Pac & Kane vs. The Acolytes (Farooq & Bradshaw (JBL)) for the WWF Tag Team Titles
-Al Snow vs. The Big Bossman for the Hardcore Championship
-The Road Dogg vs. Chris Jericho
-Interview with Stone Cold Steve Austin
-Ivory vs. Tori in a Strip Match

First Ever WCW Monday Nitro 9/4/1995:

Nitro 9/4/95 part1 (1st ever Nitro!) High Quality

-WCW World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan vs. Big Bubba Rogers (Big Bossman)

Also:
-Lex Luger Returns
-Brian Pillman vs. Jushin Liger
-United States Heavyweight Champion Sting vs. The Nature Boy Ric Flair

Last Ever WCW Monday Nitro 3/19/2001:

Last Ever WCW Monday Nitro Pre Buyout 1/7

Main-Event For the Evening:
-Sting vs. Nature Boy Ric Flair

Also:
-United States Champion Booker T vs. WCW World Heavyweight Champion Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner in a Title Unification Match
-The Filthy Animals (Rey Mysterio Jr. & Billy Kidman) vs. 3-Count (Shannon Moore & Evan Karagias) vs. Jung Dragons (Kaz Hayashi & Yun Yang) for the WCW Cruiserweight Tag-Team Championships
-Shane Helms vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship
-Sean O'Hare & Chuck Palumbo vs. Team Canada (Mike Awesome & Lance Storm) for the WCW Tag-Team Championships
-Sean Stasiak vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

First-Ever WCW Thunder 1/8/1998:

Thursday Thunder - 1/8/98 - 1/16

Main-Event For the Evening:
-Scott Hall vs. Lex Luger

Also:
-WCW Television Champion Konnan vs. Kenny Kaos
-Fit Finley vs. Mike Enos
-Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Juventud Guerrera
-Norman Smiley vs. Jerry Flynn
-Chris Jericho vs. Perry Saturn

A.J. Styles & Air Paris vs. The Jung Dragons on the Last Episode of WCW Thunder 3/21/2001:

AJ Styles & Air Paris vs. The Jung Dragons - WCW Thunder 3/21/01 *RARE*

First Ever WCW Saturday Night 4/4/1992:

SN 4/4/92- Opening- Austin, ZMan Inv

-Stunning Steve Austin vs. ZMan

Also:
-Flyin Brian Pillman vs. Brad Armstrong
-Ravishing Rick Rude w/Paul Heyman vs. Scott Allen

WWF Superstars of Wrestling Best of 10 Years (1986-1996) Special:

Superstars Best of 10 Years (1986-1996) (Part 1)

Hosted by Gorilla Monsoon and Mr. Perfect Curt Henning.

The Rise and Fall of WCW DVD:

The Rise and fall of WCW Part 1/15

The Rise and Fall of ECW DVD:

The Rise and Fall of ECW (HQ) Part 1

WWE: The Greatest Superstars of the 21st Century DVD:

WWE Greatest Superstars of the 21st Century Part 1 (Chris Jericho and Edge)

WWF: The History of Wrestlemania (1985-1993) VHS:

HISTORY OF WRESTLEMANIA 1985-1993...1/12

Hosted by Vince McMahon

WWE: The Best of WWF Saturday Night's Main-Event DVD:

Best Of Saturday Nights Main Event (Hulk Hogan vs Bob Orton) 1/33

Hosted by Mean Gene Okerlund

The Very Best of WCW Monday Nitro DVD:

The Very Best Of Monday Nitro Part 1

Hosted by Diamond Dallas Page

WWE: The History of the World Heavyweight Championship DVD:

The History Of The World Heavyweight Championship CD1 1/6 (HQ)

WCW: n.W.o 4-Life VHS:

WCW nWo 4 Life DVD - Part 1

WWE: n.W.o. Back in Black DVD:

nWo: BACK IN BLACK 1/14

WWE: Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen DVD:

WWE Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen - Part 1

First Episode of E.C.W. on TNN (8/27/1999):

ECW On TNN - The First Episode 1/6

ECW: One Night Stand 2005:

ECW One Night Stand 2005 part 1 (HQ)

Your Main-Event for the Evening:
-The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von) vs. Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman

Also:
-Lance Storm (with Dawn Marie) vs. Chris Jericho
-Super Crazy vs. Tajiri (with The Sinister Minister and Mikey Whipwreck) vs. Little Guido (with Tracy Smothers, Tony Mamaluke, Big Guido and J.T. Smith)
-Rey Mysterio, Jr. vs. Psychosis
-Sabu (with Bill Alfonso) vs. Rhyno
-Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero
-Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka

First-Ever Episode of WWE ECW (6/13/2006):

ECW 6/13/06 part1/5

Final Episode of WWE ECW (2/16/2010):

WWE ECW Last Ever 2/16/2010 Part 1/6

TNA: Hardcore Justice: Last Stand 2010 (8/10/2010):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJLMSTESfpE

Your Main-Event for the Evening:
-Rob Van Dam (with Bill Alfonso) vs. Sabu (also with Bill Alfonso)

Also:
-F.B.I. (Guido Maritato, Tracy Smothers, and Tony Luke, with Sal E. Graziano) vs. Kid Kash, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger
-Too Cold Scorpio vs. C.W. Anderson
-Stevie Richards (with Hollywood Nova and The Blue Tilly) vs. P.J. Polaco
-Rhino vs. Brother Runt vs. Al Snow
-Team 3D (Brother Devon and Brother Ray) (with Joel Gertner) vs. Axl Rotten and Kahoneys in a Street Fight
-Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer with Mick Foley as Special Guest Referee
BurningDoom
Sunday, December 25, 2011 1:26:56 AM
So I've asked for a looooong time to have this thread stickied. It's easily one of the, if not the longest thread in the TV forum. Well guess who's the TV forum moderator now? So guess what gets stickied now?

It's just too bad that professional wrestling is at an all-time low when it comes to quality storylines and performers.

Oh, and be sure and check out the post right above this one for some of the pivitol first and last episodes of some of the best wrestling programs to ever air on television.
angelc0p
Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:34:32 PM
havent been following wrestling lately...almost a year now...has anything changed???
b0bafett
Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:46:09 PM
Groups: Guru, Member
nope nothing has changed still sucking
BurningDoom
Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:55:39 PM
angelc0p wrote:
havent been following wrestling lately...almost a year now...has anything changed???

WWE Raw:
-JERICHO HAS RETURNED!!!
-CM Punk is WWE Champion
-Zack Ryder is U.S. Champion
-Kane has returned
-John Cena is still WWE's franchise guy
-John Larenitus (formerly Johnny Ace) is the Raw General Manager, not Vince McMahon or HHH any longer.
-There are promos that seem to insinuate that The Undertaker and The Rock are about to return.
-Michael Cole is still a complete tool and J.R. NEEDS to return.

WWE Smackdown:
-Daniel Bryan is World Heavyweight Champion (No joke)
-Cody Rhodes is Intercontinental Champion
-Randy Orton is Smackdown's franchise guy
-Air Boom (Khofi Kingston & Evan Bourne) are the WWE Tag Champions
-Teddy Long is still in control of the show, like he has been for nearly a decade now.
-Booker T is now an announcer on Smackdown.

TNA:
-Robert Roode (Beer Money) is TNA World Heavyweight Champion
-Immortal is no longer in control, Sting is
-Hulk Hogan seems to have disappeared from TNA Television all together
-Fortune (and Beer Money) have split up
-Austin Aries is X-Division Champion
-Matt Morgan & Crimson are Tag Champions
-Robbie E. is the Television Champion
angelc0p
Friday, December 30, 2011 8:00:24 AM
-Kane has returned

saw a glimpse of him with a red face mask again...is he back to the demonic kane?
BurningDoom
Friday, December 30, 2011 11:17:59 AM
angelc0p wrote:
-Kane has returned

saw a glimpse of him with a red face mask again...is he back to the demonic kane?

Seems that way.
BurningDoom
Friday, January 13, 2012 1:13:00 PM
So, what's everyone's thoughts on the current conditions in the wrestling world?

I've been contemplating dropping WWE from my viewing habits completely. It's a big decision because I've watched WWE since the late 80s. But things have gotten so lackluster, so predictable, and frankly silly at times in the WWE. The only thing keeping me hanging on at this point is the return of Jericho and the hope that Wrestlemania and the lead up to it is gonna be good.

But Jericho is disappointing me fast, and I'm a huge Jericho fan. I hope this silent treatment doesn't last for long. So many wrestling fans online are saying it's genius...I wholeheartedly disagree. It's freaking retarded. He's Chris Jericho. He's one of the greatest mic-workers in wrestling history, LET HIM FREAKING TALK! And last week's fake cry was horrid. That must be why he's never tried his hand at acting.

I am still keeping TNA on the viewing schedule, though. Things have steadily been getting better since Hogan left TV spotlight. There's been a much bigger focus on actual wrestling, and an influx of great, fresh talent like the X-Division Champion Austin Aries. And Robert Roode being TNA World Heavyweight Champion is a breath of fresh air from the normal ex-WWE stars winning the belt.
BurningDoom
Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:05:31 PM
Has anyone watched any good wrestling DVDs/Specials lately? I just watched all of these recently on NetFlix. NetFlix has REALLY upped the selection of streaming WWE DVDs.

I just watched the Ric Flair DVD on NetFlix. The selection of WWE DVDs have gone up quite a bit since the last time I had NetFlix. The Ric Flair DVD was a great watch! You learn a lot about his early career in the territorial days, which there isn't a whole lot of footage of that era out there. You also really understand who Ric Flair the man is. You really understand his passion for the business after watching this, and you see a (believe it or not) humble side of Ric. In addition to the great coverage of his career in NWA & WCW, they also touch on both his tours through the WWE and finish it up with his retirement match against HBK and his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. Highly recommended for any Ric Flair fans.

I also watched OMG: The 50 Most Shocking Moments in the WWE DVD on NetFlix. Pretty good trip down memory lane. It was really cool to relive those moments. Stone Cold must have had a blast driving around a cement truck and beer truck and even if it was scripted, deep down he had to have some satisfaction destroying his boss's car and spraying management down with beer. This was a good watch, but one you'll probably watch once and never again, so not worth buying.

Great documentary on one of the greatest wrestling careers. I've always been a big Jericho fan, and this DVD does a fine job of chronicling his career. Watched this on NetFlix instant stream, just like I did the Ric Flair and OMG Most Shocking DVDs.

OMG, this was entertaining as hell. I was lol-ing so much during this DVD. Rowdy Roddy Piper was funny as heck. He was a favorite of mine as a kid, but he was starting to get out of in-ring wrestling as much and was doing the manager and announcer thing then. So I missed a LOT of his best stuff. I'm really glad I watched this. And if I ever see it anywhere for sale, it's gonna be a must-buy for me.

Meh, it was alright. It was interesting for me, since I'm interested in the history of the sport. But if you're not really into the history of it all, then it might not be for you. It is cool to learn how a LOT of the WWF stars from the 80s and into the early 90s got their starts, including the 2 biggest of them all from back then, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair.
BurningDoom
Monday, May 21, 2012 8:21:15 PM
The Revolution is Coming May 28th:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/a-revolution-is-coming-may-28-2012-26024322

Thoughts? Speculation?
BurningDoom
Sunday, June 17, 2012 3:26:19 PM
Did any of you see last week's Impact? AWESOME! They're past all the crappy Immortal BS and Ric Flair being too old for his own good and taking up T.V. time. The focus is back on the in-ring talent and wrestling and the up and coming wrestlers.

We had an incredible opening match with the X-Division Ultimate X Match. Before Sabin got injured (what a shame considering we were all hoping for the Motor City Machine Guns in WWE with the recent news), Sabin and Aries were back and forth and back and forth in an incredible display of skill.

We also got a great stipulation with Austin Aries going for the TNA World Heavyweight Title. The same move cemented The Ultimate Warrior to main-event status in the WWF when he put his Intercontinental Title on the line against Hogan for the WWF Championship at Wrestlemania VI.

And the main-event between Mr. Anderson and Bobby Roode was also great. These are two of the best guys in the business today. We got to see a PPV quality match. I was really hoping Anderson was gonna be the guy to take the belt off of Roode, but no go. And surprisingly enough, it was a clean win over Anderson. You really don't see that too often anymore unless it's a squash match.

And the ending with Sting was great. It left me wondering what the hell and wanting next week's episode to be here already. And how cool is it that Sting gets the first entry into the WWE Hall of Fame? He deserves it. Did WCW ever have a hall of fame? I hope he got inducted into it if there was.

As far as I'm concerned, TNA is the only wrestling show worth watching anymore. WWE is back to mediocre comfortableness again.
BurningDoom
Monday, July 09, 2012 9:53:53 PM
You're new Heavyweight Champion of the World!

Applause
BurningDoom
Monday, July 30, 2012 2:22:11 AM

1000 episodes. The longest-running weekly episodic television series, EVER. Longer than Bonanza. And no re-runs. Let me assure (anyone that actually reads this thread at all anymore) that the WWE celebrated this momentous occasion for them in style.

The only thing I thought was bad about it was that A.J. was named Raw GM...WTF?! On what basis? Does she have any experience being in charge of anything? Has she even won a single title yet?

Other than that, though, I thought the whole thing was great from beginning to end. I loved the nostalgia of all the old superstars coming out. And who didn't mark-out when they saw the entire D-Generation-X in the ring together again? The only one missing was Chyna, who was probably busy at work on her back. Bret Hart introducing the IC title match was pretty cool; a title he helped make prestigious. I LOVED seeing the A.P.A. together again. They were one of my all-time favorite tag-teams. And I know this is blasphemy for many and I'll probably get flamed for it, but I always preferred A.P.A. JBL to Texan JBL.

Seeing that The Rock is going for the WWE Championship is great. I can see other wrestlers who are there every night getting (banned) about it, but I'm not one of them. And it gives me hope that if The Rock manages to capture the belt, that it would mean we would actually see him on WWE T.V. on a somewhat regular basis.

The Paul Heyman, HHH, Stephanie McMahon, and Brock Lesnar moment was fantastic. It had a very dramatic and tense feel to it like an Attitude Era storyline.

The 3-on-3 match, while it may not have been all that significant, it was a good star-studded match-up.

Finally, the match between Cena and Punk had a great ending. Just another mark-out moment for me. He's freaking CM Punk, he's does a great a-hole routine, he SHOULD be a heel. It's been too long since we've had a heel champ.
brendavis
Monday, April 08, 2013 12:47:28 PM
Did anybody watch Wrestlemania last night? If so, what did you think of it? From the recap I saw, it seemed to be a good event. I like the fact that Bruno Sammartino is in the Hall of Fame now with the WWE. I feel like the Punk/Undertaker match may have been the best one of the night. Even though, at this point, they won't let Taker lose, just the idea that it *might* happen. Personally, I don't like having the title back around Cena's waist. Speaking of the title, I really don't like the new belt. Maybe because I'm biased towards the Eagle title, it just doesn't appeal to me.
BurningDoom
Monday, April 08, 2013 1:06:36 PM
It was completely predictable, down the line. Every single good guy won. So glad I didn't order it. But I would have liked to see CM Punk vs. Undertaker, and Brock Lesnar vs. HHH, still.