Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » TV » Scaryhead's wrestling discussion.
49 pages: First ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49
brendavis
Monday, April 08, 2013 6:06:52 PM
Groups: Member
That's how I've felt for the past couple of years. The one thing I kind of look forward to is the HOF inductions. I agree with you about the same matches. Anything with Undertaker is going to be good and the HHH match was one I was looking forward to as well. I don't know about you, but does the Raw after Wrestlemania seem more exciting than the actual PPV itself?
BurningDoom
Monday, April 08, 2013 6:31:14 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
brendavis wrote:
I don't know about you, but does the Raw after Wrestlemania seem more exciting than the actual PPV itself?

For sure. But that's because I'm not willing to spend $70 on a PPV. So the next Raw is where I see the results and all the good replays from WrestleMania.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
brendavis
Monday, May 20, 2013 8:13:38 PM
Spoiler below.

I actually like Curtis Axel as Heyman's newest client. Being the son and grandson of the Henning clan, it's time to take his place with them. Can't wait to see him now.
crackerjack1
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:49:17 AM
BurningDoom wrote:
brendavis wrote:
I don't know about you, but does the Raw after Wrestlemania seem more exciting than the actual PPV itself?

For sure. But that's because I'm not willing to spend $70 on a PPV. So the next Raw is where I see the results and all the good replays from WrestleMania.

Having gone to both Wrestlmania and Raw this year. I can definitely say that the Raw was alot more fun. Although Wrestlemania and Axxess were quite the experience!

The Hall of Fame was a blast too. I can't believe how much stuff they cut from the ceremony when it is aired.
BurningDoom
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:16:17 AM
brendavis wrote:
Spoiler below.

I actually like Curtis Axel as Heyman's newest client. Being the son and grandson of the Henning clan, it's time to take his place with them. Can't wait to see him now.

Cool to hear. But just because his father was a great wrestler, doesn't necessarily mean he is. Look at David Flair and Wes Brisco. We'll just have to wait and see.
brendavis
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:21:41 AM
BurningDoom wrote:
brendavis wrote:
Spoiler below.

Cool to hear. But just because his father was a great wrestler, doesn't necessarily he they is. Look at David Flair and Wes Brisco. We'll just have to wait and see.

I totally agree with what you said, but I do feel he has a leg up. Both Triple H and Rock are high on him. Not to mention he helped train the Rock for his PPV matches. Plus, it doesn't hurt having Heyman for a mouthpiece.
BurningDoom
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:49:22 AM
Fixed the bad grammar in that post. You'd think English was my 2nd language (however I'm quite fluent in Engrish, "A Winner Is You!")
brendavis
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:31:15 PM
BurningDoom wrote:
Fixed the bad grammar in that post. You'd think English was my 2nd language (however I'm quite fluent in Engrish, "A Winner Is You!")

It's all good. I know what you meant. 😊
DocRx8482
Friday, May 24, 2013 11:06:38 PM
What are your opinions on the current state of wrestling?

It is a lot better than what it once was. I stopped watching in the late 90's when everything got out of hand, i.e. the violence, explicit romance etc...thgat took it more in an adult direction than theta focusing on teenagers. I just recently was inticied back by a fellow service member in Feb of 2012...I'm hooked again!!!!!!

What do you think with WWE's current product?

It's awesome....I could do a little less with 1/2 of Smackdown being a re-hash of Monday Night Raw.

What do you think of TNA's current product?

Horrible presentation and TV product, it reminds me alot of Texas wrestling from the early 80's with the Von Erichs.

What got you hooked/ When did you start watching?

One day when I was a young boy (somewhere between the stone age and the invention of hair) my dad set me down to my first wrestling match where I saw Bobo Brazil and the Mighty Egor.......

Who's your favorite wrestler?

Sad to say that my top three are probably that of many 12 year olds, C.M. Punk, John Cena and Layla.

"Head to the future,
Run from the past,
Hide from the mirror,
And live in a glass,
What dreams forget the whiskey remembers
" (Eric Church/Marv Green)
BurningDoom
Friday, May 24, 2013 11:39:52 PM
DocRx8482 wrote:

It is a lot better than what it once was. I stopped watching in the late 90's when everything got out of hand, i.e. the violence, explicit romance etc...thgat took it more in an adult direction than theta focusing on teenagers. I just recently was inticied back by a fellow service member in Feb of 2012...I'm hooked again!!!!!!

It's awesome....I could do a little less with 1/2 of Smackdown being a re-hash of Monday Night Raw.

Horrible presentation and TV product, it reminds me alot of Texas wrestling from the early 80's with the Von Erichs.

One day when I was a young boy (somewhere between the stone age and the invention of hair) my dad set me down to my first wrestling match where I saw Bobo Brazil and the Mighty Egor.......

Sad to say that my top three are probably that of many 12 year olds, C.M. Punk, John Cena and Layla.

Wait, are you talking about World Class Championship Wrestling? Bad presentation? It was far ahead of it's time! Much better production values and film-type. They were the first to start using real music with flashy entrances. If anything, their presentation was above and beyond for time.

I'm on the complete opposite side of the fence when it comes to WWE and TNA right now, as well. WWE seems stale, predictable, and a bit childish to me. While TNA has me hooked. The Aces & Eights storyline is working perfectly. Bully Ray is the best villain in the business right now. I like that he's a bad-ass villain, most of WWE's villains are cowardly duck-n-run type, we need more bad-ass villains in wrestling. Their tag-team division is great, too. Bobby Roode and Austin Aries are without a doubt the two best wrestlers in wrestling today; and they play off of each other perfectly. Bad Influence is nearly as good.
brendavis
Saturday, May 25, 2013 9:03:41 AM
DocRx8482 wrote:

I'm very partial to World Class Championship Wrestling as well. BD said it best when it was ahead of its time. The Von Erichs/Freebirds feud is still one of the top feuds in my book. The fact that Kerry actual beat Flair for the world title. I look back at that time as a good era.

In terms of WWE, they are kind of bland right now. The main problem they have is they have no competition...or feel like they don't. I am a big fan of CM Punk right now. He has the mic skills and the wrestling ability to back it up. He's, by far, the best thing WWE has right now. Just sucks he's out with a knee injury right now. They also need to make their tag team division better again. If TNA can get on almost the same level as WWE, then it will make things more competitive.

TNA is definitely making its own niche in the wrestling business. The only negative thing I can say about TNA is how they're dealing with AJ Styles. He's been their staple since day 1 and need to do right by him. At first, I thought Aces & 8's was going to be a NWO knockoff, but I do like it now. WWE should take notes on how to handle their female wrestlers. The Knockout division is far better than the Divas. I actually enjoy watching the Knockouts wrestle. Not to mention that TNA actually had a Knockouts main event. Mickie James and Tara really rocked that steel cage match a couple of years ago. I do have to say that TNA is better WWE right now.

I started watching wrestling in 1987. I remember following the lead up to Wrestlemania 3. My father didn't like me watching wrestling and you know as a kid if your parents don't want you watching something, you watch it more. lol

I do agree CM Punk is one of my current favorite wrestlers for the reasons I said above. Some of my older favorites are Arn Anderson, Mr. Perfect, Ricky Steamboat, and Ted DiBiase.
DocRx8482
Saturday, May 25, 2013 12:25:09 PM
The product I was getting at was TNA (Texas branch of NWA), and the early NWA (Turner). WCW I would agree was ahead of it's time.
"Head to the future,
Run from the past,
Hide from the mirror,
And live in a glass,
BurningDoom
Saturday, May 25, 2013 4:59:53 PM
DocRx8482 wrote:
The product I was getting at was TNA (Texas branch of NWA), and the early NWA (Turner). WCW I would agree was ahead of it's time.

WCCW, what we were referring to with the Freebirds and Von Erichs, is different than WCW. Although I'm a huge fan of both.
DocRx8482
Saturday, May 25, 2013 10:42:30 PM
I better give this quick apology to the thread. I should have thought about it more before I hopped in on the bandwagon. It would have helped me with my reply if I had read all the previous entries in the thread. Again I apologize for setting back the thread, by pumping in my two-cents when some more exciting stuff had been going-on.
I really wish I could get into TNA more, but it just reminds me of the reason that I personally stopped watching Wrestling for a long period.
Anyone else here think that WWE will soon change some wrestlers allegiance? I would personally like to see three things change soon; 1- Have Punk come back and be that line-walker, neither good or bad, just wrestling under his own terms just like he did in the spring of 2012. 2- Big Show really needs to get a baby-face change, it's getting stale watching him bellyache and cry about stuff each week. 3- Not have Fan-Dan-Go win the I/C title like it seems to be shaping up.
"Head to the future,
Run from the past,
Hide from the mirror,
And live in a glass,
kevscomics
Friday, June 07, 2013 11:19:49 AM
Not a huge wrestling fan, I watched it a lot as a kid with My dad, I am somewhat of a UFC fan, but not been keeping up much with that either...but I did see that Rampage Jackson has joined TNA, and did a little mean muggin' with Kurt Angle, was wondering what the wrestling guys thought about it, I have always liked Rampage as an entertainer, Still think they should do a movie with him as LUKE CAGE!
freakdylan
Friday, June 07, 2013 11:48:26 AM
BurningDoom wrote:

WCCW, what we were referring to with the Freebirds and Von Erichs, is different than WCW. Although I'm a huge fan of both.

Man I loved the Von Erichs and the CLAW! So sad what happened to that family.

kevscomics wrote:
I have always liked Rampage as an entertainer, Still think they should do a movie with him as LUKE CAGE!

YES YES YES!

BurningDoom
Friday, June 07, 2013 12:11:13 PM
freakdylan wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

Man I loved the Von Erichs and the CLAW! So sad what happened to that family.

kevscomics wrote:
I have always liked Rampage as an entertainer, Still think they should do a movie with him as LUKE CAGE!

YES YES YES!

Watch the Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW, put out by WWE. It's one of the better documentaries WWE ever did, and it tells the whole story of what happened with the Von Erichs and WCCW. It's not a happy tale.

It's available on Netflix instant streaming.
BurningDoom
Friday, June 07, 2013 12:12:24 PM
We're pretty much at the halfway mark through the year. So it seems like a good time to reminisce on how the year has gone.

Who do you think, so far, is wrestler of the year material?

I really want to say Bobby Roode or Austin Aries, as they're the best wrestlers in TNA (or WWE for that matter). But they've been a team effort lately, not individual stars. So I guess they aren't really in the runnings.

So then, I pick Bully Ray.

The guy has been given the ball at TNA, and he has ran with it. I thought the Dudley Boys splitting up was one of the dumbest decisions TNA has ever made. But Bully has proven me wrong. He's the best heel in wrestling today, no doubt. A strong heel, not a coward heel, something that seems to be a rarity nowadays.

It's too bad Devon hasn't done the same, though.
freakdylan
Friday, June 07, 2013 1:17:16 PM
BurningDoom wrote:

Watch the Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW, put out by WWE. It's one of the better documentaries WWE ever did, and it tells the whole story of what happened with the Von Erichs and WCCW. It's not a happy tale.

It's available on Netflix instant streaming.

Dude wham bam slam thank you so much for that, after post started thinking about the Vo Erichs and just searched ebay and amazon for a good dvd or book but they didnt have squat except for some $50 used book ugh.

Just added to queue and going to watch in few minutes, oh cant wait.......... thanks again

BurningDoom
Sunday, June 09, 2013 9:08:41 PM
^ No problem. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I thought it was very well done.