Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » TV » Scaryhead's wrestling discussion.
49 pages: First ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49]
kevscomics
Monday, June 10, 2013 1:28:50 PM
Groups: Member
Look what I found!
brendavis
Monday, June 10, 2013 4:41:21 PM
BurningDoom wrote:
We're pretty much at the halfway mark through the year. So it seems like a good time to reminisce on how the year has gone.

Who do you think, so far, is wrestler of the year material?

I really want to say Bobby Roode or Austin Aries, as they're the best wrestlers in TNA (or WWE for that matter). But they've been a team effort lately, not individual stars. So I guess they aren't really in the runnings.

So then, I pick Bully Ray.

The guy has been given the ball at TNA, and he has ran with it. I thought the Dudley Boys splitting up was one of the dumbest decisions TNA has ever made. But Bully has proven me wrong. He's the best heel in wrestling today, no doubt. A strong heel, not a coward heel, something that seems to be a rarity nowadays.

It's too bad Devon hasn't done the same, though.

Even though I haven't watched TNA as much as I would like but I do think Bully Ray would be a top choice for me as well. He's got the mic skills and ring skills as well. It was kind of masked when he was tagging with Devon, but still solid.

The only other wrestler I can think of would be CM Punk. Although he's been off the past month or so, he's proven himself to be a candidate for Wrestler of the Year. Anybody who can make the Undertaker look good at WM (I'm not saying that as a bad thing) and still come across strong contender is a good pick. Plus, having Heyman in your corner does help out as well.
brendavis
Monday, June 17, 2013 7:29:48 PM
Christian has finally come back, which is good. Although it was his first match in over a year, he looked good with some understandable ring rust. He's going to add to some good storylines.
BurningDoom
Monday, June 17, 2013 7:36:34 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
brendavis wrote:
Christian has finally come back, which is good. Although it was his first match in over a year, he looked good with some understandable ring rust. He's going to add to some good storylines.

I haven't even been watching WWE since Wrestlemania. I've lost all hope in the product after giving it chance after chance for years. I've gone full TNA.

But I just heard that RVD is coming back to WWE. That has me intrigued.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
brendavis
Monday, June 17, 2013 7:51:39 PM
BurningDoom wrote:
brendavis wrote:

I haven't even been watching WWE since Wrestlemania. I've lost all hope in the product after giving it chance after chance for years. I've gone full TNA.

But I just heard that RVD is coming back to WWE. That has me intrigued.

I totally agree with you on the product is stale. They just aren't promoting their guys right. I just heard that too. I would like to see a Christian/RVD matchup. It has the potential of being a match of the year candidate.