Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Music, Video Games, and Other Media » The OFFICIAL RPG thread
5 pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
KrisEllieOphi
Sunday, November 08, 2009 10:33:01 PM
Groups: Member
Upcoming (hopefully awesome) RPGs (though I don't know the platforms...the 360 at the very least, since that's what I'm watching).

Alpha Protocol (like Mass Effect, but with modern day spies...and Obsidian)
FFXIII
Mass Effect 2
End of Eternity
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii exclusive)
Golden Sun (DS)

And Dragon Age just came out.

Dragon Age is totally kicking my ass.
Neutron
Sunday, November 08, 2009 11:06:55 PM
I picked up Dragon Age the day it hit but I'm not sure when I'll get to it. I just finished Bioshock finally. Awesome game.

Thinking about playing Risen next.

Cool
A wise man once said "Every day I thank god I'm an atheist."
KrisEllieOphi
Thursday, November 12, 2009 11:44:38 PM
Dragon Age has AWESOME writing.
I think I spent like 2 hours today just talking with my party members. They had a TON to say. And it's well written and well voiced. I even got all giddy when Alistair kissed me. He's hilarious and so adorable.
Dementia5
Monday, January 25, 2010 8:50:55 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
Heh. I think Alistair is a boob.

But I didn't step in to poke fun... I was curious if anyone here has ever participated (or even heard) of LARPs. More specifically, NERO.

I ask because I just finished watching Monster Camp and if you haven;t seen it, everyone who frequents this thread owes it to shimself to watch it. At the very least for entertainment value (because of all the hidden truths oft associated with RPG gameplay). At the very most, it is... interesting.

Hence my question. I have a brother-in-law who frequents these events, and before I poke his brain and pass any judgments, I was wondering what anyone here had to say about it.
"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

crackerjack1
Friday, February 19, 2010 3:29:04 PM
Only 18 days until FF XIII comes out. I can not wait!!!
JRaup
Friday, February 19, 2010 6:42:48 PM
Dementia5 wrote:
Heh. I think Alistair is a boob.

But I didn't step in to poke fun... I was curious if anyone here has ever participated (or even heard) of LARPs. More specifically, NERO.

I ask because I just finished watching Monster Camp and if you haven;t seen it, everyone who frequents this thread owes it to shimself to watch it. At the very least for entertainment value (because of all the hidden truths oft associated with RPG gameplay). At the very most, it is... interesting.

Hence my question. I have a brother-in-law who frequents these events, and before I poke his brain and pass any judgments, I was wondering what anyone here had to say about it.

I've both played in and run LARPs in the past. When I've run, it's been a home brew system for Cons, run for 3 days straight (night and day).

I've played in Con LARPs and briefly in an OWD Vampire one. I'm being recruited to join a local Requiem LARP ATM. I'm not familiar with NERO, so I can't say anything about it.

I haven't seen Monster Camp either. Guess I'll have something to look for now.
R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

CCL RULES

"Evolution is overrated." - Gorilla Grodd
"So many cross-overs...So many tie-ins..I..need...more...CHARACTER!" - Secret Sacred Wars Roach
CCL Store: JR's Spare Comics
Homepage: www.home.earthlink.net/~deaconblue3
Blog: www.deaconblue.wordpress.com
PSN: JRaup

If you are having trouble logging in, please email helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com for assistance. Be sure to include your user name.
KrisEllieOphi
Sunday, February 28, 2010 2:07:28 PM
Oh...I watched a documentary about a LARP group. It was pretty interesting. Let me see if I can dig it up....
DARKON
You can get it on Netflix.
ChubbyxLilxStar
Friday, March 26, 2010 7:20:57 PM
I love Alistair even if hes a boob and constantly making cheese references.

I'm trying to set up a LARP but my partner helping set it up is complicating things so.....i doubt it.
we were going to do a zombie larp with the option of being dead/alive/and a few random special infected with a few humans able to do cooler things.
Best quote ever:
Chamber: (about to link his abilities with Spider-Man's spider sense to transmit what Spiderman feels about the poisoned money to the people; read the comic) Skin ... Even if it fails ..... you're brillant(he thought of the idea) . Will you .... trust me, Spider-Man ?
Spider-Man: At this point, I'll try anything --- except Karaoke, of course .
Chamber: No jokes, please ... just let out ... your feelings ... without barriers.
Spider-Man: Uhhh, you're making this sound an awful lot like Karaoke ... Oops. sorry.
Dementia5
Friday, March 26, 2010 8:25:06 PM
ChubbyxLilxStar wrote:

I'm trying to set up a LARP but my partner helping set it up is complicating things so.....i doubt it.
we were going to do a zombie larp with the option of being dead/alive/and a few random special infected with a few humans able to do cooler things.

Hehe sounds like an opportunity for good theatre.

Sounds like JRaup has drank from the LARP cool-aid. I don't know about NY, but there is a good following here in MA. I have to admit I am interested, but it sounds like an awful big committment. I would probably play the part of an NPC, so that I could "rest" between rounds more frequently (after being defeated, I presume).

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

JRaup
Friday, March 26, 2010 8:27:23 PM
Dementia5 wrote:
ChubbyxLilxStar wrote:

Hehe sounds like an opportunity for good theatre.

Sounds like JRaup has drank from the LARP cool-aid. I don't know about NY, but there is a good following here in MA. I have to admit I am interested, but it sounds like an awful big committment. I would probably play the part of an NPC, so that I could "rest" between rounds more frequently (after being defeated, I presume).

*HIC*Who me?*HIC*

Requiem, the succesor to V:TM is quite popular around here. Players even travel around to other LARP groups in VT, NYC, and Syracuse. There's some relationship with the Boston crowd as well, but I don't know what it is.
R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

CCL RULES

"Evolution is overrated." - Gorilla Grodd
"So many cross-overs...So many tie-ins..I..need...more...CHARACTER!" - Secret Sacred Wars Roach
CCL Store: JR's Spare Comics
Homepage: www.home.earthlink.net/~deaconblue3
Blog: www.deaconblue.wordpress.com
PSN: JRaup

If you are having trouble logging in, please email helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com for assistance. Be sure to include your user name.
KrisEllieOphi
Saturday, March 27, 2010 12:12:28 AM
I beat Mass Effect 2 tonight. WOW is all I have to say.

And I applaud the Bioware team for having its characters have "OH SH-" moments a split second after I have my own (quite loud) "OH SH-" moments.
Nanosplicer
Saturday, March 27, 2010 12:14:16 AM
KrisEllieOphi wrote:

And I applaud the Bioware team for having its characters have "OH SH-" moments a split second after I have my own (quite loud) "OH SH-" moments.

I can't wait for ME3!
Dementia5
Saturday, March 27, 2010 10:39:28 AM
KrisEllieOphi wrote:

It's good to hear. I haven't even opened mine yet, but I'll tell you I am worried about how the gameplay has unapologetically strayed away from the RPG elements into the realm of another shooter.

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

KrisEllieOphi
Saturday, March 27, 2010 11:37:24 PM
Yeah, that really bothered me at first. I was pretty upset at how it moved closer toward a shooter game, and it has me worried about ME3. But the writing and story and characters are all just so amazing, that I forget I was angry about the changes to the cover system, and how the ammo system went a step backwards without explanation (unlimited ammo but overheating weapons in the first game, to ammo clips in the second...technology isn't supposed to go backwards! Fortunately I rarely found myself out of ammo; it's quite plentiful.). Those are the biggest changes to combat. They fixed some other stuff; like now your sniper rifle doesn't waggle all over the place while you're trying to target someone.
The other really big changes were to the inventory/weapon/armor systems and the skills system. It's super duper streamlined now. There basically isn't an inventory anymore. While I felt the first game was a little excessive, to cut it out almost entirely didn't sit well with me either. Wish they had gone for something more in the middle, instead of going so extreme.
Dementia5
Saturday, March 27, 2010 11:58:02 PM
Keep it coming, I can;t afford an emotional loss if I were to believe that ME2 was somehow lacking.

BTW, I came across Last Remnant for $12. Thoughts?

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...