Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Collecting » Collecting, General Discussion » Library Binding
Xylob
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 7:17:10 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
Dementia5 wrote:
...the formats you define come in different sizes... which means they would have to crop the books. Something about this idea chafes me...
yeah, I don't want to do that.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
The_Valiant_One
Thursday, September 01, 2011 3:13:05 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Dementia5 wrote:
You CAN do something like this, but the formats you define come in different sizes... which means they would have to crop the books. Something about this idea chafes me, so I probably will not pursue this. But since the Comico run is on Baxter paper, and the graphic novel is on heavy stock, the pulp similarities are probably strong enough that these pages can be sewn together.

But I will have to ask, and I will... I'm going to contact them as soon as I corral all the books I've listed from my collection and will return with an update.

Please do! I'd like to see how it comes out!

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
Dementia5
Thursday, September 01, 2011 5:34:45 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
Looks like I am missing a few issues from what I thought was a complete run. If anyone has Robotech: The New Generation (Comico) issues numbered #18, 21,23 and 24 send me a PM with a fair price. This will be my first order with the binding service once they answer my questions.

Actually, this is a good time to chime in, folks. Along with the oversized cropping issue, are there any other points you want addressed? I may as well bring them to the table.
"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

boostergold10
Friday, September 09, 2011 2:06:07 AM
Groups: Member
Here are some of the books that I have had done. I have around 70 done so far. I also had just received Brightest Day #0-24. Looks great. I am binding together Fantastic 4 #1-500 of the ones that were not able to have been gotten in graphic novels. Also X-Men 1-200 and Avengers 1-500. It is interesting as I use some books that have reprints like Marvel Triple Action, Marvel Super Action, Marvel's Greatest, Marvel Double Feature, etc. and to see these bound together in succession.

SailormOon
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:20:29 PM
Does anyone know anything about Curicon?

It looks like it will be good for collectors but it's not open yet. I applied for an invite.

Let me know if anyone knows anything pleeease! Anxious

hedgeknight
Sunday, July 15, 2012 6:28:32 PM
Wanted to bump this thread back up > I've been binding hundreds of books in the past two years and have had great results using Herring & Robinson out of California. Here is their link:
Herring & Robinson Book Binders

When I get a chance, I'll upload some pics - I don't do anything fancy and the cost is about 18 bucks a volume, and the turn around time is very reasonable too.
Winter is coming...
Xylob
Sunday, July 15, 2012 6:40:51 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
will these places do 'custom' stuff? for example, leave out certain pages - when there are ads on both sides of the page I really don't want it in a bound collection
also, some of the stuff I'm currently looking at having done has 2-8 pages of stuff at the back of each issue that I just don't want
I also don't care about the covers...
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
comicscastle
Sunday, July 15, 2012 7:17:42 PM
Xylob wrote:
will these places do 'custom' stuff? for example, leave out certain pages - when there are ads on both sides of the page I really don't want it in a bound collection
also, some of the stuff I'm currently looking at having done has 2-8 pages of stuff at the back of each issue that I just don't want
I also don't care about the covers...
I'm sure they will, but you would have to remove the pages yourself before turning them in.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

boostergold10
Friday, July 20, 2012 8:58:19 PM
I remove my own ad pages. I have also custom done some of my interior by adding in previews. Like, Ms Mystic had a small preview in another book. I took it from that book and put it in the front of her book before binding. I have even had soft cover TPBs bound together by removing the covers and some of the insides and they are together as one book.

I also go through Herring and Robinson and they allow your imagination room to help build you a book you are happy with.

As far as using expensive books, I have used reprints of books, taken the covers off and adds out to make some great books. This is how I got a lot of my FF4. A lot of their early books were reprinted in Marvel's Greatest Comics. The same with early Avengers. I used Marvel Triple Action and Marvel Super Action. I just in a book I created using the early appearances of the Punisher in ASM comics from Marvel Tales which include reprints of ASM 129, 135, etc. I put them all together and have my own Punisher TPB. Right now I am working on reprints of early Thor and Tales of Asgard. Will look great in a book. Another book I created was using Marvel Double Feature which reprints the Capt. America/Iron Man Tales of Suspense books.

Using reprints for the mare expensive books has saved me a lot of money.

Here is a link of how to find reprints -

Marvel Reprints

DC Reprints

My books only cost me $17.50 to get done.