Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Collecting » Collecting, General Discussion » COUNTERFEIT COMICS
fbijocko
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:59:18 PM
Groups: Member
I found a Indestructible Hulk # 1 1:50 Variant by Mike Deodato on ebay but I did not see one in the data base. Does anybody know anything about this book?
Thundercron
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:26:58 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Looks like this is supposed to be a pre-order, as it says the comic won't be released until December 19. I wouldn't label it a counterfeit just yet. Wait to see if others offer it. If it's legit, it will get added to the CCL database as the release date nears.
freakdylan
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:39:35 PM
Its a listing error, The cover shown is IH #2 Deodato variant. Seller must have messed up thinking it was #1 but is really #2

fbijocko
Saturday, October 12, 2013 6:47:04 AM
The_Valiant_One wrote:
Spoke with Marvel's legal department today, and they are INDEED COUNTERFEIT - in fact, there are a total of 3 counterfeits floating around that Marvel can confirm with the Gold Foil:

1) THOR #1
2) WORLD WAR HULK #1
3) Incredible Hulk #104

Are there any pics of these comics? I have already seen the Thor #1 gold foil but I don't know what the other ones look like.
comicscastle
Saturday, October 12, 2013 7:46:50 AM
fbijocko wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:
Spoke with Marvel's legal department today, and they are INDEED COUNTERFEIT - in fact, there are a total of 3 counterfeits floating around that Marvel can confirm with the Gold Foil:

1) THOR #1
2) WORLD WAR HULK #1
3) Incredible Hulk #104

Are there any pics of these comics? I have already seen the Thor #1 gold foil but I don't know what the other ones look like.
You won't find them on CCL. We don't list counterfeit comics.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

BurningDoom
Saturday, October 12, 2013 12:38:41 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
comicscastle wrote:
fbijocko wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:

1) THOR #1
2) WORLD WAR HULK #1
3) Incredible Hulk #104

Really? Not that I can't understand why, but in some cases the counterfeit is worth more than the real thing. For example: Venom Lethal Protector #1 black cover.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BruceReville
Saturday, October 12, 2013 12:52:19 PM
BurningDoom wrote:

Really? Not that I can't understand why, but in some cases the counterfeit is worth more than the real thing. For example: Venom Lethal Protector #1 black cover.

It is listed on the database as a misprint.

VLPB

And is it a counterfeit or misprint?

VLPBE
Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

BurningDoom
Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:16:46 PM
BruceReville wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

It is listed on the database as a misprint.

VLPB

And is it a counterfeit or misprint?

VLPBE

I'm not an expert, I'm not sure. But I always saw it listed in the Wizard Price Guides as a counterfeit.
freakdylan
Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:35:43 PM
It was a misprint, then prices sky rocketed so bam counterfeits started hitting the market. So both exist

Thundercron
Saturday, October 12, 2013 2:25:03 PM
Shop at My Store
comicscastle wrote:
fbijocko wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:

1) THOR #1
2) WORLD WAR HULK #1
3) Incredible Hulk #104

I think he just wants to see pictures for informational purposes. He's not saying he wants them in the database, just pics in the forum.
comicscastle
Saturday, October 12, 2013 2:32:01 PM
Thundercron wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
fbijocko wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:

1) THOR #1
2) WORLD WAR HULK #1
3) Incredible Hulk #104

I think he just wants to see pictures for informational purposes. He's not saying he wants them in the database, just pics in the forum.
Actually we would love to be able to list counterfeit comics for informational purposes but need to figure out a way where they can't be listed for sale. We are discussing it.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

freakdylan
Saturday, October 12, 2013 4:47:06 PM
comicscastle wrote:
Actually we would love to be able to list counterfeit comics for informational purposes but need to figure out a way where they can't be listed for sale. We are discussing it.

Why not just make a subforum listed as "Counterfeit comics", then lock it. Then add new topics for each counterfeit comic with pics and info on how to spot or recognize a fake. Kep everythign locked except for mods so people dont post silly stuff or ask where to buy etc and take away from 1st post.

After that is done simply add a link to that topic in the "item Bio" of the particular comic that is being counterfeited.

Hope that makes sense.

BurningDoom
Saturday, October 12, 2013 5:01:53 PM
comicscastle wrote:
Thundercron wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
fbijocko wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:

1) THOR #1
2) WORLD WAR HULK #1
3) Incredible Hulk #104

Why not sell them? I thought it was only illegal to publish them, or am I wrong?

There is a market out there for them, isn't there? Just make it clear they are the counterfeit versions on that variant of the issue.
Thundercron
Saturday, October 12, 2013 5:54:47 PM
Shop at My Store
There may be a legit market for them, but there is also a market for them among people who will buy one with the purpose of reselling it as an original.

Morally, it's just not a good road to go down.
comicscastle
Saturday, October 12, 2013 6:04:46 PM
Thundercron wrote:
There may be a legit market for them, but there is also a market for them among people who will buy one with the purpose of reselling it as an original.

Bingo.

freakdylan
Saturday, October 12, 2013 7:06:34 PM
Thundercron wrote:

It also promotes the counterfeiting.

fbijocko
Friday, October 25, 2013 11:20:56 AM
Thundercron wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
fbijocko wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:

1) THOR #1
2) WORLD WAR HULK #1
3) Incredible Hulk #104

You hit the nail right on the head. I'm not asking to list them in the CCL data base. But if CCL doesn't list counterfeit comics then why is Thor #1 gold foil variant listed?

SwiftMann
Friday, October 25, 2013 12:25:25 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member
Acutally, CCL just recently (last week or the week before) added a Counterfeit Edition tag so that people can be aware of fakes. These items have no credits, character or publishers in them with details (mostly from this thread) about the forgeries. These are set up in the system in such a way that they can not be sold.

We currently only have five issues listed, but would welcome more if the info and images are good.

Thanks!
pottersan
Friday, October 25, 2013 9:38:27 PM
Shop at My Store
freakdylan wrote:
Thundercron wrote:

It also promotes the counterfeiting.
Yep.

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

pottersan
Friday, October 25, 2013 9:40:01 PM
Shop at My Store
SwiftMann wrote:
Acutally, CCL just recently (last week or the week before) added a Counterfeit Edition tag so that people can be aware of fakes. These items have no credits, character or publishers in them with details (mostly from this thread) about the forgeries. These are set up in the system in such a way that they can not be sold.

We currently only have five issues listed, but would welcome more if the info and images are good.

Thanks!
Let me crank up the presses and make a few this weekend.......

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.