Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Life Outside of Comics » Comic Collectors Anonymous » (Part 2)In case you were wondering whether or not to buy from ComicSupply.com...

(Part 2)In case you were wondering whether or not to buy from ComicSupply.com...

6 pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
oakman29
Monday, July 12, 2010 6:46:02 PM
Groups: Member
caseysorrow wrote:
oakman29 wrote:
What do you think about a probation thread/Kudos thread?

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it, he isn't selling on CCL though is he? Are you thinking a pre-emptive probation listing?

exactly for future bad sellers,although ComicSupply would probably be put on the list too. In case he decides to sell on here again.
"You want me to trade you my comic for small rectangular sheets of green paper with the images of dead white men?"

Michael24
Saturday, August 14, 2010 4:11:05 PM
Hello. I just signed up in order to share my two cents about comicsupply.com. I found the site awhile back and placed an order on July 30 for three packs of bags and a pack of dividers. A week later, on August 6, my order status was still "Pending Shipment," yet I noticed my credit card was charged on August 2. I decided I'd wait another week. Perhaps things were just running slow. But I did leave a comment under my order just saying I wanted to double deck and make sure there was nothing wrong with my order, or if they were simply out of stock.

In the meantime, I decided to look around the web for any customer experiences with this site, and I found this thread through a Yahoo search. Immediately, I became worried. "Great," I thought. "Just my luck I'd find a professional-looking site that's only gonna get my ripped off." I read all the horror stories of people waiting months or years for their orders, if they ever got them at all. I decided I'd still wait another week, and if my order hadn't shipped by August 13 (two weeks after I placed it) I'd start trying to get in touch with them, at least as a place to start.

To my surprise, I woke up on August 10 to find an email notification that a comment had been left for me under my Order Status. I checked it, and it was from Russell and said the following: "Thanks for writing. I thought I had written everyone about the various states of delay that we are going through right now. I attended a convention which took me 10 days to get ready for and attend. Also, we are waiting on a restock of comic bags (from China) and mylars (from the USA). By the end of this week we should have your outstanding order, as well as everyone's elses shipped out. I thank you for being patient during this time. Nothing is going the way that it should and I apologize for this."

I was surprised to hear from him after reading the stories here. I started thinking, "Okay, I actually heard from the guy, so maybe things won't be so bad after all." On August 12 I had another comment, again from Russell and saying: "Thanks for being so patient. I have included a 4th free pack of bags for the delays here." My Order Status was also updated from "Pending Shipment" to "Shipped."

Again, I thought, "Great. Hopefully this will be end up being fine." Two days later -- today, August 14 -- my order arrived in the mail. I was like, "Okay, this is it. I've either got my order or I'm indeed ripped off and it'll be all screwed up." The horror stories in this thread where still nagging at me. So, I open up my box and take everything out. Three packs of resealable bags and a pack of dividers, just like I ordered, plus the extra 4th pack Russell said he was throwing in.

I must say, I'm quite surprised. This thread had me really worried. After reading through here, I certainly wasn't expecting my order to arrive anytime soon, if at all.

Anyway, just wanted to add my own experience. I probably won't order from them again just to be on the safe side (at least not a $40+ order like this one was), but I'm happy everything went fine, and now I can start bagging all of my comics.
SarahC
Monday, February 28, 2011 12:13:56 PM
My order from comicsupply.com has been listed as "pending shipment" for a month. They aren't responding to my email questions and I can't rouse them by phone. $49.99 was charged right away but I've gotten nothing so far. I'd feel better if they were at least communicating with me.

So today I've emailed them through their site asking for a refund.

Now that I look, I don't see an actual mailing address on the site, does anybody have it handy? I'll contact BBB etc. next if need be with a complaint.

I see complaints about this company all over the web. I wish the company would just close down if they can't run a business correctly. Or are they a scam?
SpidermanGeek
Monday, February 28, 2011 1:18:49 PM
Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member
Source

Quote:
Aso enterprises
26395 Northline commerce drive suite 605
Taylor, MI Michigan 48180
United States of America
Phone: 1-800-978-9696
Web Address: comicsupply.com

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
KingZombie
Saturday, April 09, 2011 6:33:40 PM
Heh, I just realized this thread was moved over to the water cooler. Great to see people keeping this alive with more posts. I didn't realize Russell signed up as a CCL member but it looks like there's been no activity on his account since so hopefully he saw this and decided to steer clear.
Jim
Monday, August 01, 2011 2:20:57 PM
Guess I should bump this.
MrBigFeathers
Monday, July 09, 2012 6:00:14 PM
Just read through this topic, this is too bad. I used to order supplies from him all the time. I never had any issue whatsoever but my last order was in 2007 which seems like it may have been before everything started falling apart. I just now used up the last of my supplies I bought way back in 2007 (was a huge order) and I was looking to place another order but apparently I shouldn't. It's too bad, they were definitely the cheapest place to get eGerber supplies for me.