Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » TV » Sweet! The Official SOUTH PARK Thread!

Sweet! The Official SOUTH PARK Thread!

10 pages: First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
punisherfan1138
Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:03:10 PM
Groups: Member
KrisEllieOphi wrote:
I love that Matt and Trey know their musicals.

The Chorus Line audition sequence had me rolling on the bed in laughter.

Hey! SPOILER WARNING next time! Not everyone - and by everyone I mean me! - has seen it.

j/kBig Hug
KrisEllieOphi
Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:41:33 PM
Well dear, perhaps you shouldn't come in here until you've watched it. :)

Anyway...I never saw the Whale Hunters show or whatever it's called, so a lot of this week's episode went WAY over my head. But the Godzilla statue outside of the Sea World was hysterical.

Also, Cartman > Lady Gaga
puyaybusto
Friday, October 30, 2009 10:35:44 AM
KrisEllieOphi wrote:

Anyway...I never saw the Whale Hunters show or whatever it's called, so a lot of this week's episode went WAY over my head. But the Godzilla statue outside of the Sea World was hysterical.

I agree. Loved the LAdy Gaga and the Godzilla but I turned it off half way through because I had no clue what they were talking about. This is my main flaw with the show. The up to date stuff holds no ground in the future if I want to rewatch the DVD's, or they do something that maybe a handful of people know about.

punisherfan1138
Monday, November 02, 2009 9:42:58 PM
That episode is still the one and only time I've ever heard a Lady Gaga.

This season is really good so far.Applause Applause Applause

NEW EPISODE WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4TH!
1312: "THE F WORD"

The boys aren't going to let the Harley Festival that's being held in South Park spoil their weekend. Everyone agrees they've had enough of the loud and obnoxious bikers that have arrived. They throw down the F word and the game is on. --southparkstudios.com
ninjapirategear
Monday, November 02, 2009 11:20:42 PM
KrisEllieOphi wrote:
I love that Matt and Trey know their musicals.

The Chorus Line audition sequence had me rolling on the bed in laughter.

Nearly all of their movies have actually been musicals. Hannibal, the South Park Movie, and Team America are all musicals, while Baseketball and Orgazmo had musical elements. Heck, they were nominated for an Academy Award for the song Blame Canada. Trey is obviously a fan of musicals, and he knows his stuff.
twl7569
Tuesday, November 03, 2009 8:13:35 AM
puyaybusto wrote:
KrisEllieOphi wrote:

I agree. Loved the LAdy Gaga and the Godzilla but I turned it off half way through because I had no clue what they were talking about. This is my main flaw with the show. The up to date stuff holds no ground in the future if I want to rewatch the DVD's, or they do something that maybe a handful of people know about.

I've never heard of Whale Watchers either, but I think the show worked well without knowledge of that. (They kinda bring you up-to-date I think) It's too sublimely ridiculous to nail down to that single (admittedly central) point.
YNWA

Pull List & Subscriptions: (Ongoings Only)
Angel & Faith, Buffy Season 9, Batman & Robin, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern New Guardians, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Red Lanterns, Hellblazer, House of Mystery, Northlanders, Unwritten, Avengers, Avengers Academy, Captain America, Captain America & Bucky, Deadpool, FF, Generation Hope, Invincible Iron Man, Journey Into Mystery, Mighty Thor, New Avengers, New Mutants, Secret Avengers, Thunderbolts, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny X-Force, Wolverine, X-23, X-Factor, X-Men, X-Men Legacy, Glamourpuss, RASL, Incorruptible, Irredeemable, Soldier Zero, Traveler, Green Hornet
punisherfan1138
Tuesday, November 03, 2009 9:27:10 AM
twl7569 wrote:
I've never heard of Whale Watchers either, but I think the show worked well without knowledge of that. (They kinda bring you up-to-date I think) It's too sublimely ridiculous to nail down to that single (admittedly central) point.

I had heard of Whale Wars (not Watchers, just saying) and it upset my anti-hippie stance. Knowing that the show is just a lot of prick waving makes me feel better.

They keep attacking shows that deserve attacking, and for that they get 13 Applause Applause Applause ApplauseApplause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applauses.
KrisEllieOphi
Tuesday, November 03, 2009 10:56:19 AM
ninjapirategear wrote:

Nearly all of their movies have actually been musicals. Hannibal, the South Park Movie, and Team America are all musicals, while Baseketball and Orgazmo had musical elements. Heck, they were nominated for an Academy Award for the song Blame Canada. Trey is obviously a fan of musicals, and he knows his stuff.

I'm well aware. I think the South Park movie was brilliant. A lot of the songs they use are directly pulled from elsewhere. Several Disney films and a really obvious Les Miserables sequence (although, everyone has one of those, even Spamalot...but SP uses two or three different ones throughout the film).
punisherfan1138
Tuesday, November 03, 2009 3:35:04 PM
KrisEllieOphi wrote:
ninjapirategear wrote:

I'm well aware. I think the South Park movie was brilliant. A lot of the songs they use are directly pulled from elsewhere. Several Disney films and a really obvious Les Miserables sequence (although, everyone has one of those, even Spamalot...but SP uses two or three different ones throughout the film).

SPAMALOT had a Les Miserables sequence? Which one was it? The Diva's Lament (what happened to my part)?

Best musical moment from TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE? Hands down it's the "Pearl Harbor Sucked" song.
ninjapirategear
Tuesday, November 03, 2009 4:03:36 PM
punisherfan1138 wrote:
KrisEllieOphi wrote:
ninjapirategear wrote:

SPAMALOT had a Les Miserables sequence? Which one was it? The Diva's Lament (what happened to my part)?

Best musical moment from TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE? Hands down it's the "Pearl Harbor Sucked" song.

That movie was full of musical gold. Ronery, Montage, AIDS, I should get that soundtrack!
KrisEllieOphi
Wednesday, November 04, 2009 1:08:49 AM
Spamalot Les Mis references are visual.

There's a Fiddler on the Roof sequence too, but it's also visual (they do the Bottle Dance).

There are some Barbara Streisand (movie) references too, in the music. Specifically in the You Won't Succeed on Broadway song.

KrisEllieOphi
Thursday, November 05, 2009 12:53:04 AM
Oh crap. HILARIOUS.

I love when the boys try to explain things to the adults.
puyaybusto
Thursday, November 05, 2009 10:32:59 AM
I enjoyed that one.buh..bumm.bumm.bum

It was nice and fun....frunnn...bruunnn...Funnnnnnyy

punisherfan1138
Friday, November 06, 2009 1:18:36 PM
I goofed up the VCR timer setting, so I didn't get this weeks episode on tape. I hope they rerun it.
KrisEllieOphi
Friday, November 06, 2009 5:06:40 PM
They already have. They re-air Wednesday's episodes later that night, and then again on Thursday. It'll probably be on again at some point. Just check the schedule. Or watch it online.
punisherfan1138
Saturday, November 07, 2009 5:14:38 AM
KrisEllieOphi wrote:
They already have. They re-air Wednesday's episodes later that night, and then again on Thursday. It'll probably be on again at some point. Just check the schedule. Or watch it online.

I'd watch it online, but I need to tape it for my sister.

I already check the local listings and it's on Sunday @ 11 PM.
ninjapirategear
Saturday, November 07, 2009 8:36:23 AM
punisherfan1138 wrote:
KrisEllieOphi wrote:

Probably next Wed. at 9:30 would be a good bet, too.
punisherfan1138
Saturday, November 07, 2009 10:53:12 AM
ninjapirategear wrote:
punisherfan1138 wrote:
KrisEllieOphi wrote:

Probably next Wed. at 9:30 would be a good bet, too.

I will keep that in mind if Sunday night gets screwed up.
punisherfan1138
Friday, November 13, 2009 2:41:40 PM
Did anyone see the latest episode, 'DANCES WITH SMURFS?' As soon as the episode got going, I was like "It's Glen Beck. Gotta be Glen Beck."
ninjapirategear
Friday, November 13, 2009 6:20:43 PM
That episode was great. I love it when they divert to something completely different at the end. I read the Wikipedia plot summary of Avatar and it IS basically Dances With Wolves crossed with Smurfs.