Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » WB finally getting their (banned) together?

WB finally getting their (banned) together?

jaryd1241
Saturday, July 12, 2008 1:00:37 AM
Groups: Member
CosmicAvenger
Saturday, July 12, 2008 1:43:37 AM
Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member
Well maybe they are finally realizing that Marvel is owning them in the movie department, and I cant imagine why it took them this long to see it but after this summer it should be very clear.

I walked out of Iron Man and Hulk with great experiences...I hope Dark Knight does the same or im gonna be (banned).

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
vaultofhorror
Saturday, July 12, 2008 12:49:34 PM
The Dark Knight will be the best hero movie of all time in my opinion. Batman Begins was the best Batman movie period. With a better cast and more synical villain... This one should be amazing and considered "best movie of the year" regardless of categories. From what I saw (first 7 mins almost) it looks like it will live up the hype.
PrinceTamino
Saturday, July 12, 2008 1:45:01 PM
From the first X-Men movie right through the "Incredible Hulk", Marvel has had blockbuster after blockbuster and I believe it is because of the tight control Marvel has retained over these properties, even before they began to produce the movies wholly. The Marvel movies have done so well because wherever they have diverged from the letter of the comic characters/storylines they have at least kept the spirit. With the recent exception of "Batman Begins" and likely "The Dark Knight", Warner has gone completely off the reservation and ended up in the desert (can anyone say "Catwoman"?). Consider a couple years ago when "Superman Returns", on paper a blockbuster, got it's head handed to it in the box office by "Pirates of the Carribean". There is no reason that the most globally recognized and greatest of super-hero icons should not have had the biggest grossing movie that summer! But let's face it, "Superman Returns" sucked. Period. The approach over at Warner Brothers seems to be how can we sell toys and merchandise to children through a movie before thinking how can we make a GOOD movie that all will enjoy. When you consider the comic book giants that are DC properties (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash and Aquaman), there is absolutely no reason why it couldn't be DC comics stomping Marvel on the big screen, not the other way around. Sadly, "Superman Returns" did make a profit and it will be hard to convince those pinheads at Warner Brothers that they did something wrong there and thus, with the exception of Batman, I fear we will see the next Superman movie in the same mold as well as any other DC movies yet to come.
Sea Level Comics: "Where Our Prices Aren't a Mile High!"

***FREE Domestic Shipping on all orders $5.00 and up! Free Shipping to Canada and Mexico on all orders $75.00 and up! Overseas shipping available!***

***Over 10,000 comics listed currently with thousands more to come!***

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Seller.aspx?id=37c00d21-e983-4cf2-bf16-bfa34d97fd2d
KingZombie
Saturday, July 12, 2008 3:50:08 PM
I've read about this on a few web sites. It really doesn't fill me with any confidence. It's like I want to say to the WB execs, "Oh, you're in discussions? Oh, that's good. By the way, haven't you been in discussions about the DC properties for 20 years now?" Just doesn't seem like anything news worthy to me. Start mentioning movie deals that are being finalized. Start mentioning writer, director or even cast attachments. Start mentioning release dates, even tentatively.

This is not to say they aren't doing anything. Dark Knight is going to be huge. Buzz is that Ledger's performance is Oscar worthy. Then there is Watchmen. But everything else is dead in the water. Justice League? Dead. Superman: Man of Steel? Dead. Supermax? Dead. Teen Titans? Dea... well, not "dead" but in limbo. Meanwhile, Marvel is like bam, bam, bam!

If the Justice League movie is giving them such problems, then go the Marvel route and introduce the characters in solo films first. I mean, why can't we get a kick ass Wonder Woman solo movie first before she's reintroduced to the screen for the first time in 30 years? She supposed to be part of the DC "trinity" but she's being completely ignored.
HammerTron
Saturday, July 12, 2008 5:41:23 PM
What I want to know is if there are any job opportunities at DC or Warner Brothers.

Personally I think it is very easy to decide on a game plan for using DC characters in movies.

I even imagined what Marvel is now doing.

Too bad I'm not getting paid by Marvel for the movie strategy that I dreamed up years ago.
Nightwing89
Saturday, July 12, 2008 9:12:03 PM
The Dark Knight will be the highest grossing movie of the year, by far. I believe it will make over $1 billion worldwide easily. It already has made $2 million in presale tickets already, which smashed all previous records set by Iron Man and Indiana Jones 4. I also predict that it will have the biggest opening for a movie ever, previously set by the horrible Spider-Man 3. Currently Marvel Studios has made around $650 million, but the Dark Knight will single-handedly make more than this AND be a better film than both of those combined.
GhostBlood
Sunday, July 13, 2008 5:03:18 AM
You gotta remember not only Batman fans are seeing this but Keth Leager fans as well since it is the guy's last film.
Oriasten
Sunday, July 13, 2008 5:16:24 PM
Nightwing89 wrote:
The Dark Knight will be the highest grossing movie of the year, by far. I believe it will make over $1 billion worldwide easily.

man, I am pumped for Dark Knight don't get me wrong, but the only time ANY movie made a billion dollars they had to sink a boat to do it...... and have a sh!tty song played ad nauseum both in the movie AND on the radio for 2 years.

(ok I checked my facts and Pirates 3 and LOTR 3 both broke a billion, but still)
Lead Guitarist and Vocalist of

Rectifier!

a Progressive Metal band born right here in Greenville SC, home of the Egpytian Death Metal band Nile
Nightwing89
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:27:39 PM
It's not that hard to think of a movie making $1 billion. Like you said Pirates 3 and LotR 3 made it, so why not a movie that has good reviews as opposed to those surrounding Pirates 3. Also the fact that there is Oscar buzz surrounding Ledger. Also, are IMAX tickets $9.25 also, or are they more expensive? In which case they will also drive this box office gross up even more.
KingZombie
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:58:40 PM
Nightwing89 wrote:
It's not that hard to think of a movie making $1 billion. Like you said Pirates 3 and LotR 3 made it, so why not a movie that has good reviews as opposed to those surrounding Pirates 3. Also the fact that there is Oscar buzz surrounding Ledger. Also, are IMAX tickets $9.25 also, or are they more expensive? In which case they will also drive this box office gross up even more.

IMAX tickets are more expensive. Usually about $2.00 more.
RedComet33
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 11:43:37 PM
Nightwing89 wrote:

Those were trilogies that came out consistently and werent dark. Even Lotr was open for children to watch. Dark Knight looks kinda dark for kids. Im not saying it wont but dont expect it to be the fastest grossing film
With the exception of a few, comics aren't what they use to be. That's why I stick to the 60's - 80's. GO MARVEL.
loganzak
Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:06:23 AM
WHO'S GOING TO SEE A BLUE BEATTLE MOVIE? Whistle
Colbert '08 (And So Can You)
RedComet33
Thursday, July 17, 2008 12:12:18 AM
loganzak wrote:

who the hell is that? That name doesnt even sound attractive
With the exception of a few, comics aren't what they use to be. That's why I stick to the 60's - 80's. GO MARVEL.
NEXTLVL
Thursday, July 17, 2008 1:29:08 AM
damn that means marlon and the hughleys will be in every dc movie lol
CCL's resident pothead!!!!!

I DO CUSTOM FIGURES/STATUES EITHER CUSTOM OR I MAKE IT FROM SCRATCH . ASK FOR INFO

loganzak
Saturday, July 19, 2008 11:19:43 PM
RedComet33 wrote:
loganzak wrote:

who the hell is that? That name doesnt even sound attractive

One of the many lameos DC passes off has a "main" hero
Colbert '08 (And So Can You)
HammerTron
Sunday, July 20, 2008 10:42:36 PM
loganzak wrote:

Only if it is Ted Kord and he is somewhat serious.

OH!

And he has to use the flying bug vehicle.