Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Desktop Software » MsMacDugle's Visual Help Presentations » Please Read This 1st.
MsMacDugle
Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:23:37 AM
Groups: Member
Dear Fellow CCL Members,

While this section is under reconstruction please be advised that the older original Tutorials/Visual Aids are still at your disposal but until I have all the newer versions completed none will be stuck. So if you don't see one that you came to find please be advise you will need to tell this section you would like to see ALL, as most had been created over a year ago.

I'll keep you posted & you will see them slowly emerge with the newer information & once we have all the revised editions in place all the revised ones will become stuck all at once. Please stay tuned for future updates.

Thank you for your patience, I'm currently still on the mend from my car accident from July of 2007 that rendered me temporarily blind & still have small episodes therefore, I'm limited to the amount of time I'm able to be on the computer, to top that off Late June of this year my left arm chose to become unusable, thus it has slowed me down even more since, I'm not sure as to when it will become usable at this time, so I'm undergoing extensive tests to see if I need to have my neck surgery redone. As my right arm & legs are being effected as well.
"God so Loved us that he gave us his only son as the perfect gift to cover all our sins & to restore us into his presence one day"
MsMacDugle
Monday, August 25, 2008 6:55:16 PM
This Just In...I'm on an indefinite Hiatus due to medical circumstances out of my control. I've been advised by the doctors to lay low on the computer until they have time to fix my neck. That is what has caused my arm to stay in the bad shape that it is in...I've attempted to pull up the slack with the only arm that isn't affected by the current condition only to find out that by using it as often as I do now it is still effecting the bad arm. I had a lamenectomy in February of 2000 well since the car accident last year it appears that my injuries though they didn't show any remarkable change directly after the accident the accident didn't help. But in one years time the amount of damage in my neck has deteriorated to the extent that I may be facing surgery again if Physical Therapy & no undo overworking of my extremities will be able to ease off the need for additional surgery. Thus these Visual Aids will have to do for now gang. Sorry my health comes first.

FYI, my new computer caught a bug & I had to destroy her. So I'm once again working from ground zero & I'm going to save my backup on a thumb.
"God so Loved us that he gave us his only son as the perfect gift to cover all our sins & to restore us into his presence one day"
MrMiracle
Monday, August 25, 2008 8:16:52 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
You just take care of yourself there. We'll be thinking of you.
Settle down beavis.

Rules - binary solo....
comicnutz
Monday, August 25, 2008 11:25:07 PM
MrMiracle wrote:
You just take care of yourself there. We'll be thinking of you.

What he said! Take care of yourself...then come back! Big Hug
Batman007
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:10:09 AM
Please (and I mean this is the nicest way) stop using the computer and CCL until you heal. I want to hear that you're getting better. We're not going anywhere and there'll be plenty for you to do when you return.
Spider-Man
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:02:37 PM
Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber
Batman007 wrote:
Please (and I mean this is the nicest way) stop using the computer and CCL until you heal. I want to hear that you're getting better. We're not going anywhere and there'll be plenty for you to do when you return.

I agree. Get better. We'll be here. And don't even think about replying to anything in this thread until you are all healed.
MsMacDugle
Friday, August 29, 2008 9:32:57 AM
Batman007 wrote:
Thanks, Bruce and gang. However, I am now using my voice recognition program therefore, I will be in training until further notice. I will update these visuals as soon as possible. The software and I are working quite well together.
MsMacDugle
Sunday, September 14, 2008 10:52:20 AM
I've made a post over in the coference call section, that will inform most of you as to why I've not kept the visual aids upto date.
MsMacDugle
Saturday, September 20, 2008 9:12:59 AM
Javaboy
Sunday, November 30, 2008 3:17:12 AM
I know a tutorial has been worked on for comic collector, to make things easy there is a program specific for making software tutorials. It just captures your screen as you do the action, then allows you to put in notes along the way. In the end you have a simple video tutorial. Its also free...and free is awesome. These tutorials can also be added to the web as a flash based applet, so instead of reading through it all you can just sit and watch.
I don't know if this would make MsMac's life easier, especially with your health incident.
You will find a link to this software below:
http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

Hope the healing goes well.
Cheers
Daniel B. Ladd
Computer Engineering Major
Clarkson University

Super Computer geek...at your service
CuriousGoodsNComics
Sunday, November 30, 2008 3:59:19 AM
MsMacDugle wrote:
Batman007 wrote:
Thanks, Bruce and gang. However, I am now using my voice recognition program therefore, I will be in training until further notice. I will update these visuals as soon as possible. The software and I are working quite well together.

awesome determination i love that hope you feel better soon...Don@CG&CII
Big Hug
MsMacDugle
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 5:52:26 PM
I Hope that all are being considerate & kind to one another, I'm still under doctors orders to take it easy with use of the computer, I know I've promised that I would update the visuals, but I'm not going to be able to do so.

I'm on an almost permanent hiatus as the only problem is that I have a degenerative bone disease with my neck. And no matter how patient I've been & good I've been with living in my portable traction. So unless the doctors come to an agreement as to my needing to have my neck surgery redone which is only a temporary fix good for 8 - 10 yrs than it will be time to repeat it again. So I'm now asking that another considerate & more knowledgable CCL member take the time to update the visuals as I'm not going to be around here again until sometime in 2009 if the Physical Therapist can manipulate the disks well enough for me not to live in my traction & be able to be on the computer.

So my Christmas wish would be that another kind CCL member takes the time to revamp the visuals. No worries, I'll not have me feelings hurt if someone would be so kind as to give the aids a major tweaking.
comicscastle
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:37:08 PM
MsMacDugle wrote:
I Hope that all are being considerate & kind to one another, I'm still under doctors orders to take it easy with use of the computer, I know I've promised that I would update the visuals, but I'm not going to be able to do so.

I'm on an almost permanent hiatus as the only problem is that I have a degenerative bone disease with my neck. And no matter how patient I've been & good I've been with living in my portable traction. So unless the doctors come to an agreement as to my needing to have my neck surgery redone which is only a temporary fix good for 8 - 10 yrs than it will be time to repeat it again. So I'm now asking that another considerate & more knowledgable CCL member take the time to update the visuals as I'm not going to be around here again until sometime in 2009 if the Physical Therapist can manipulate the disks well enough for me not to live in my traction & be able to be on the computer.

So my Christmas wish would be that another kind CCL member takes the time to revamp the visuals. No worries, I'll not have me feelings hurt if someone would be so kind as to give the aids a major tweaking.
With all the changes over the past few months and the coming changes in the next few now's not the time to change it anyway. I'm sure once things settle down someone will step in if you're not back by then. In the mean time you just take care of yourself and don't worry about us. Have a great Holiday and a super New Year.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

Spider-Man
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:43:24 PM
Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber
Nice to hear from you MsMacDugle!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.
MsMacDugle
Monday, January 12, 2009 1:10:08 PM
Javaboy wrote:

You will find a link to this software below:
http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

Hope the healing goes well.
Cheers

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a whirl. Unfortunately, I've not been able to understand how to operate this would be helpful software.
MsMacDugle
Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:44:05 PM
The Long awaited revised Tutorial has arrived. Please seek out the PowerPoint Presentation version. I've posted a link today separately. But since you've looked here first.

May you find what you are looking for in the new presentation.

http://images.comiccollectorlive.com/Members/6A/6A38C1DD-FBB0-483D-BF67-04EC9D765633/Comic_Collector_Live_Visual_Tutorial.ppt

Sorry about the size of the file. For those that have access to Office Live please send me a PM if you have a slower connection speed, I'll give you access to the one I have posted to the Office Live. I'll need to add your email address to the viewers section of my file but once I've added you, you should be able to access it pretty easily & without having to wait to download it.
MsMacDugle
Friday, July 17, 2009 11:05:25 AM
Sorry I'm still very limited to how much time I spend on the computer.

So I've only given a quick update to the CR2, on the following link.

May our members find this useful.

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=15319