Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » Hulk 3 disk set
firecop322
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:56:10 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Just wondering if anyone else was having problems getting the 3 disk edition. I went to Wal-Mart last night to pick it up, as they have ran off all the other competition, and when I asked for the 3 disk edition, the salesman looked at me like I was a fricking martian, and explained to me that there was no 3 disk edition.
scaryhead
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 12:12:56 PM
Groups: Member
I had a similar problem with the Batman Anthology set a few years ago. Went to Walmart, couldnt find it, asked someone in the electronics department and was told that if Walmart doesnt carry it, then it doesnt exist.

Then I went down the street to Target and picked it up.
All the comic book video game updates, discussions and roasts a nerd like you could ask for! The Comics Console on ComicAttack.net

@andrewEhurst on Twitter!

Neutron
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 1:08:56 PM
It came out today.

Might be why they didn't have it last night.

Cool
A wise man once said "Every day I thank god I'm an atheist."
infinitespeech
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 4:38:06 PM
Yep picked mine up about an hour ago..haven't watched it yet though. Sounds like he was trying an old Jedi mind trick on you as well...these aren't the disks you're looking for Big Grin
The_Ghost
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 10:24:08 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member
Picked up mine at FYE. 3rd disc is only a digi copy and what a disappointing "Captain America" scene. Check it out for yourselves but I wasn't happy with that.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
ShenValleyInitiative
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 10:33:02 PM
I watched the movie today, rented it. I love Ed Norton and Liv Tyler is one of the most beautiful women alive. But this movie sucked ass. Sorry. it was better than the first Hulk movie, but not by much.
vaultofhorror
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 10:47:34 PM
I enjoyed it, the Captain America scene was eeeh. It may have been OK, if they didn't leek that info out, I was expecting to see his entire body frozen in a block of Ice with his shield. I posted a link about it here somewhere in the Movies section, you can't even tell it's him unless you really look closely for the shield. Director shouldn't have mentioned it at all, since it was a cheezy scene. I was expecting better and got crap instead.

Then again I also enjoyed Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Spider-Man 3 which everyone seemed to bash. Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer I enjoyed up until the ending. I was all gassed up to see Galactus and what does he look like?? A freakin pile of fog. D'oh
The_Ghost
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:58:14 AM
ShenValleyInitiative wrote:
I watched the movie today, rented it. I love Ed Norton and Liv Tyler is one of the most beautiful women alive. But this movie sucked ass. Sorry. it was better than the first Hulk movie, but not by much.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
SpidermanGeek
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:33:17 AM
Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member
Gettin my copy tonight.

I enjoyed pretty much all Marvel movies on some level, so F@CK ALL Y'ALL!

lol

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
firecop322
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:46:15 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I got mine after midnight, so it was actually Tuesday when I picked it up, I was actually wanting it to see that Cap scne, but if it blew that bad, I'm glad it dosen't exist in the Wal-Mart world. Anyway, this was the first time I had seen the movie and I thought it was pretty good. Some if the dialogue between Ed and Liv seemed kind of forced though.
SpidermanGeek
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:28:12 PM
firecop322 wrote:
I got mine after midnight, so it was actually Tuesday when I picked it up, I was actually wanting it to see that Cap scne, but if it blew that bad, I'm glad it dosen't exist in the Wal-Mart world. Anyway, this was the first time I had seen the movie and I thought it was pretty good. Some if the dialogue between Ed and Liv seemed kind of forced though.

P.S. I got my 3-disc edition at Wal-Mart. Devil

I haz a Blog
infinitespeech
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 1:43:47 PM
firecop322 wrote:

the guy who you spoke to was an idiot plain and simple...all the wal marts across the country have the 3 disk edition. There was a mountain of them when i went to pick up mine on Tuesday afternoon
The_Ghost
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 6:47:35 PM
SpidermanCavy wrote:
Gettin my copy tonight.

I enjoyed pretty much all Marvel movies on some level, so F@CK ALL Y'ALL!

lol

Ang Lee has at least 1 fan, I see.

Nerd Nation
vaultofhorror
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:09:01 PM
Yeah the two Walmarts I went to, have huge stacks of them. Hundreds of copies of the 3 disk set, and the Walmart Exclusive 2 disk set.
infinitespeech
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 10:24:31 PM
just finished watching it and...wow...i liked it. could be that it had soooo many nods to the fans throughout the movie but it didn't seem cluttered *SPOILER* from the opening credits with all the SHIELD files and the updated opening of the old TV series of the Hulk...to the Bill Bixby appearence via his old television show, the kid who recorded the fight at the college being a school reporter named Mcgee Big Grin Lou Ferrigno's appearence AND he did the voice of the Hulk too...wow there were a LOT more but those are just off the top for now...

overall a pretty good movie and what you probably would expect from a Hulk film NOT directed by Ang Lee though that version in my opinion wasn't the craptacular event a lot make it out to be but it also wasn't a fun movie to just sit back and get caught up in
SpidermanGeek
Thursday, October 23, 2008 11:07:08 AM
I watched the deletd opening 3 times and for the life of me, I could not find Caps shield in any of the shots, lol.

I haz a Blog
JRaup
Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:28:58 PM
SpidermanCavy wrote:
I watched the deletd opening 3 times and for the life of me, I could not find Caps shield in any of the shots, lol.

It's in the last frames of the alternate opening. I had to go through it frame by frame to see it. Cap's body in in the upswell from the glacier collapsing on the lower left part of the screen. Just before the scene ends.

I had forgotten how much I hated how Aboniation looks in this movie. Too Resident Evil for me. My first thought was "Hey, I took this chump out with three rockets the other day!" Far too much like the Tyrants from RE. I still don't buy Edward Norton as Bruce Banner. Also I didn't like William Hurt as Thunderbolt Ross, or how they recreated that character.

I did like the music themes from the old TV show. Tim Roth as Emil Jablonsky was very cool. The Hulk renderings were much better than the Ang Lee version. I'm really not keen on the whole thing about the tie in to the Super Soldier serum.
R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

CCL RULES

"Evolution is overrated." - Gorilla Grodd
"So many cross-overs...So many tie-ins..I..need...more...CHARACTER!" - Secret Sacred Wars Roach
CCL Store: JR's Spare Comics
Homepage: www.home.earthlink.net/~deaconblue3
Blog: www.deaconblue.wordpress.com
PSN: JRaup

If you are having trouble logging in, please email helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com for assistance. Be sure to include your user name.
The_Ghost
Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:45:25 PM
Each movie is trying to lead into future Marvel films. Thats where the super soldier serum comes in with the Hulk. Its leading into the Cap movie.

I still cant see the shield. All I see is a shadowy form but cant make anything out. I'll look again but they could have made this easier.
At Wits' End

Nerd Nation
infinitespeech
Friday, October 24, 2008 11:47:30 AM
Quick question for anyone...when the scientist was thrown into the equipment after Blonsky transformed and the blood dripped on his head and it began to pulsate could this be signs of a Leader appearence in the next film also?

And since Bruce can control his changes (for now) as seen at the end of the movie this could add a whole new dynamic for the Avengers movie
JRaup
Saturday, October 25, 2008 7:34:35 PM
infinitespeech wrote:
Quick question for anyone...when the scientist was thrown into the equipment after Blonsky transformed and the blood dripped on his head and it began to pulsate could this be signs of a Leader appearence in the next film also?

And since Bruce can control his changes (for now) as seen at the end of the movie this could add a whole new dynamic for the Avengers movie

I think it was a set up a Leader appearance. Too obvious really, with the pulsing brain pan as Bruce's blood drips into the wound.

As for the Avengers movie, I think they'll end up going like they did in Ultimate Avengers, where Bruce is working for Stark/SHIELD, but will only be able to marginally control the change.
R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

CCL RULES

"Evolution is overrated." - Gorilla Grodd
"So many cross-overs...So many tie-ins..I..need...more...CHARACTER!" - Secret Sacred Wars Roach
CCL Store: JR's Spare Comics
Homepage: www.home.earthlink.net/~deaconblue3
Blog: www.deaconblue.wordpress.com
PSN: JRaup

If you are having trouble logging in, please email helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com for assistance. Be sure to include your user name.