Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » DC Comics » Kevin Smith's Batman: Cacophony
2 pages: [1] 2
scaryhead
Monday, November 10, 2008 5:04:59 PM
Groups: Member
I'm pretty secxited about this. It comes out Wednesday and even though I havnt been able to afford as many comics as I'd like to latley I'll deffinatly be at my LCS when it opens for this one.

I'm glad to see that this is a project that Smith is actually going to finish aswell. I still thinks it's kind of funny how he just never finished Dardevil: Target.

Hopefully Cacophany lives up to its hype though.
All the comic book video game updates, discussions and roasts a nerd like you could ask for! The Comics Console on ComicAttack.net

@andrewEhurst on Twitter!

comicnutz
Monday, November 10, 2008 7:39:57 PM
Hopefully that means he already has most of it in the can.

...and rumor has it he may just go back and finish "Target".
BloodSplat
Monday, November 10, 2008 8:47:16 PM
Dude, anything by Kevin is gonna be primo....
Truck has been stolen...

Shop is closing down... Get your offer in for a final sale of the entire store while you still can...
meangreenninjame
Monday, November 10, 2008 9:01:06 PM
does anyone have the slightest idea what this is going to be about.. I mean I have heard tons of hype for it, but all of the hype is KEVIN SMITH KEVIN SMITH KEVIN SMITH... which believe me is enough to get me in the door... but I was just curious if anyone knew anything about this.
frankhster
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:43:38 AM
meangreenninjame wrote:
does anyone have the slightest idea what this is going to be about.. I mean I have heard tons of hype for it, but all of the hype is KEVIN SMITH KEVIN SMITH KEVIN SMITH... which believe me is enough to get me in the door... but I was just curious if anyone knew anything about this.

Written by Kevin Smith ; Art by Walt J. Flanagan and Sandra Hope; Cover by Adam Kubert; Variant Cover by Andy Kubert; Sketch cover by Andy Kubert

Best-selling comic book writer/director Kevin Smith (GREEN ARROW, Daredevil, Clerks) steps into Gotham City to write this 3-part miniseries event! Practically from out of nowhere, the mysterious masked killer known as Onomatopoeia returns and sets his sights – and sounds – against The Caped Crusader!
BurningDoom
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:11:52 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
Why would anyone by any comic series by Kevin Smith? His track record is horrible! He puts the comic fans on the back-burner. His issues take months to finish, years, or never even comes out. Why would you guys stand for such disrespect and continue to support the guy, at least in the comic field?

-Nate-
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
scaryhead
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:43:59 AM
BurningDoom wrote:
Why would anyone by any comic series by Kevin Smith? His track record is horrible! He puts the comic fans on the back-burner. His issues take months to finish, years, or never even comes out. Why would you guys stand for such disrespect and continue to support the guy, at least in the comic field?

-Nate-

He can disrespect comic fans all he wants as far as I'm concerned. He writes good storys. Guardian Devil was awsome and so was Quiver. Hell, I really liked the one issue of Target that came out.

I understand where your comming from, but I really like his work. Not that I'm any kind of Kevin Smith superfan who buys all his (banned) and talks about how cool he is or anything, but like I said, I like his work.
All the comic book video game updates, discussions and roasts a nerd like you could ask for! The Comics Console on ComicAttack.net

@andrewEhurst on Twitter!

Dementia5
Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:27:04 AM
Reminds me of a discussion at the LCS. Everyone who says that Frank Miller is on the exterior a ghoulish, hardened man compared to the jovial, accessible personality of Marv Wolfman.

Who really cares? Miller is a better writer.

Kevin Smith hails from the land of the all-time greats. As long as he delivers, treatment of fans should be secondary.
"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

CCRob
Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:29:03 AM
I picked it up today but I havnt read it yet, it looks pretty darn good!

The first thing I said when I saw the cover was "Oo, Batman looks angry" so I bought it. lol.
Then I realised he always does, but nonetheless, I hope its gonna be awesome!
The art is cool so I hope the story is as good.
spartan616
Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:41:38 AM
I bought it yesterday and thought it was pretty good. It should be a good story.
Check out my tumblr blog! Just paste the link directly to your address bar.

shaolinsuckerpunch.tumblr.com
abachniv
Thursday, November 13, 2008 3:41:34 PM
BurningDoom wrote:

-Nate-

Um, what?

You realize that the guy has his own comic shop, and even sold his comic collection to help fund Clerks?

With the exception of Daredevil: The Target, he's finished every comic project he's started, and the only one that was significantly late was Spider-Man: The Evil That Men Can Do.

Your comments are completely unfounded and ridiculously ignorant.
BurningDoom
Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:35:15 PM
abachniv wrote:
BurningDoom wrote:

-Nate-

Um, what?

You realize that the guy has his own comic shop, and even sold his comic collection to help fund Clerks?

With the exception of Daredevil: The Target, he's finished every comic project he's started, and the only one that was significantly late was Spider-Man: The Evil That Men Can Do.

Your comments are completely unfounded and ridiculously ignorant.

That's why I added the "at least in the comics field" bit. I can't deny his awesomeness when it comes to movies. But I stand by my comments otherwise. I think he completely disrespects fans. When he's late, he's not just a little late, he completely leaves it then comes back to it later on.

And celebritism-type disregard for his actions is wrong. Just because he's famous, doesn't mean he has different standards he has to abide by.

-Nate-
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
lifeguard2538
Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:44:50 PM
BurningDoom wrote:

-Nate-

I agree ! After the whole Spiderman/Blackcat thing I don't think I'll throw my hard earned (and more limited then ever ) cash Mr.Smith's way for a story that might take a year(or ever ) to finish.
ukblueky
Thursday, November 13, 2008 10:47:41 PM
Dementia5 wrote:

Kevin Smith hails from the land of the all-time greats. As long as he delivers, treatment of fans should be secondary.

I don't think treatment of the fans is secondary.While being the world's nicest guy doesn't automatically make you a great writer it doesn't hurt either.
For years the appeal of Kevin Smith was that he is a fan just like us,a fan that made it big but still one of us.I think somewhere along the way he lost sight of what he onced loved and what it meant to be a fan.Without fans there is no comic,I don't care if it is written by a big time celebrity.
Now I'm not saying that the fans are always right and that writers and artists should do everything we want them to but on the same note we shouldn't be the furthest thing from the writers or artist mind either.
infinitespeech
Sunday, November 16, 2008 7:37:17 PM
anybody read the issue yet? i won't say anything because there isn't a spoiler warning at the beginning of the thread....but i will say it was quite...interesting
Nanosplicer
Sunday, November 16, 2008 9:06:27 PM
I've read it and will say it is a pretty interesting story. I like the artwork except for the way the joker is drawn. He just looks weird.
infinitespeech
Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:14:05 PM
Nanosplicer wrote:
I've read it and will say it is a pretty interesting story. I like the artwork except for the way the joker is drawn. He just looks weird.

too cartoony right? thats what i was thinking
Nanosplicer
Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:32:06 PM
infinitespeech wrote:
Nanosplicer wrote:

too cartoony right? thats what i was thinking

I guess thats the problem, it's hard to say. He just doesn't sit well with me. However, everything else looks great.
skywalkeryanni
Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:35:39 PM
who cares how he treats fans, its not like hes doing anything to physically hurt them in anyway. people jst need to harden up, if you read comics then forget who wrote them and all the gossip and issues and read the comic for what it is....and a comic by one of the best writters of our time should be bought. immediatly. lol

XBOX 360 Gamer Tag: SkywalkerYanni

Check Out My (and a friends new website/blog)

[center]Skywalkers Indie Review Blog

Dementia5
Monday, November 17, 2008 10:46:02 AM
I read this over the weekend and it was the best in the pile. Leave it to Smith to not pull any punches.
"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE