Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » SAW PUNISHER WAR ZONE TODAY!!!!
4 pages: [1] 2 3 4
bigugly07
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 5:40:42 AM
Groups: Member
At a Press Screening.

And Tommy, You will not be disappointed!

Plot was a little thin, and there was some obvious cheese, but it was AWESOME. They got Frank's character right, and the characters used from the max series were awesome. Even Wayne Knight did a good job...
Good have done without Looney Bin Jim and Jigsaw's relationship, though. It was a little weird...

SO.

MUCH.

BLOOD.

Can't wait till Friday to watch it again...
Favorite Heroes:
IRON MAN
Thor
Captain America
Silver Surfer
Nova
Batman
Green Lantern
CCRob
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 2:28:35 PM
Laughing wow, now I kinda wanna see it
punisherfan1138
Thursday, December 04, 2008 6:09:18 PM
Big Hug
punisherfan1138
Friday, December 05, 2008 9:21:26 AM
The reviews are in, and the movie has been equally picked and panned by critics. But (banned) them! This movie was made for the fans, and I'm going to see it for myself and be my own judge. Besides, I'd rather listen to a FAN who speaks from their heart than some stuff, prejudice critic.
oakman29
Saturday, December 06, 2008 1:48:52 AM
I just came back from seeing the punisher Wall
Can't they make a good punisher movie? This movie was un-watchable the worst comic book movie ever,maybe a little better than the first Hulk movie.The Punisher is such a great character and no one can do it justiceAt Wits' End
"You want me to trade you my comic for small rectangular sheets of green paper with the images of dead white men?"

scaryhead
Saturday, December 06, 2008 12:14:20 PM
I saw it last night. I loved it!

It's probably the worst pure film I've seen all year, BUT IT KICKED SO MUCH ASS.

Ray Stevens looks so much like Frank, it was so cool. And Detective Soap?! I marked out so bad when I realized that was him!

All the comic book video game updates, discussions and roasts a nerd like you could ask for! The Comics Console on ComicAttack.net

@andrewEhurst on Twitter!

spidey0vs0venom
Saturday, December 06, 2008 9:09:54 PM
I thought the Punisher was GREAT. I watched the first one a few weeks ago and loved it and it hyped me up for the sequel. I am now officially a Punisher fan. Hey Tommy, what are some good trades to start with?
oakman29
Saturday, December 06, 2008 9:15:41 PM
spidey0vs0venom wrote:
I thought the Punisher was GREAT. I watched the first one a few weeks ago and loved it and it hyped me up for the sequel. I am now officially a Punisher fan. Hey Tommy, what are some good trades to start with?

I must have missed something Raised Eyebrow maybe it was during the gymnastic criminal sceneSmug that totally reminded me of Batman and Robin- when robin borrowed the Bat mobile and was serounded by all these dancing thugs HAHAHAHARolling on the Floor
"You want me to trade you my comic for small rectangular sheets of green paper with the images of dead white men?"

punisherfan1138
Saturday, December 06, 2008 11:43:02 PM
oakman29 wrote:
spidey0vs0venom wrote:

I must have missed something Raised Eyebrow maybe it was during the gymnastic crminal sceneSmug that totally reminded me of Batman and Robin- when robin borrowed the Bat mobile and was serounded by all these dancing thugs HAHAHAHARolling on the Floor

Okay, you're getting a time out for mentioning the MOVIE THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED!!!Shame on You Shame on You Shame on You

(an excerpt from Michael J. Nelson's Book, Movie Mega Cheese): "Batman & Robin is not the worst movie ever. No, indeed. It's the worst thing ever. Yes, it's the single worst thing that we as human beings have ever produced in recorded history."
Dementia5
Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:20:32 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
What? A BAD Punisher movie? Say it ain't so!

I've read multiple comments on the internet making the match to Batman and Robin. Looks like a hat trick for Punisher films. But are we really surprised?
"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

punisherfan1138
Sunday, December 07, 2008 10:44:18 AM
Dementia5 wrote:

I've read multiple comments on the internet making the match to Batman and Robin. Looks like a hat trick for Punisher films. But are we really surprised?

It really depends on WHO you listen to. So far, everybody on the Punisher Yahoo Group is raving about the movie!
oakman29
Sunday, December 07, 2008 11:23:31 AM
punisherfan1138 wrote:
Dementia5 wrote:

It really depends on WHO you listen to. So far, everybody on the Punisher Yahoo Group is raving about the movie!

My friend I love the punisher,been a fan since he came out in Amazing Spider-man #129,but lets be honest.If you give a starving man a steak,he will think thats the best steak he ever ate.There were some cool fight scenes,well one cool fight scene when the mob all met at the start of the movie.the movie was just a cut and paste and it was hard to follow what little plot there was.Your friends on the Punisher message board is that starving man wanting it to be the best steak they ever ate,when in reality it's only a package of balonyBig Hug

vaultofhorror
Sunday, December 07, 2008 11:46:28 AM
Have not seen this yet, but it can't be as bad as the one with
Dolph Lundgren. Yeah let's make the Punisher someone with a really really heavy Russian Accent.

Keep in mind that the Punisher: War Zone didn't have the budget of all the other Marvel movies. Three Punisher movies so far, one was horrible, one was eeeh. I'll see for myself if I like this one, the only critics I listen to are myself. What movie critics may find as the greatest movie ever, I may find as the crappiest movie ever (cough The New Nightmare).
oakman29
Sunday, December 07, 2008 11:52:19 AM
vaultofhorror wrote:
Have not seen this yet, but it can't be as bad as the one with
Dolph Lundgren. Yeah let's make the Punisher someone with a really really heavy Russian Accent.

Keep in mind that the Punisher: War Zone didn't have the budget of all the other Marvel movies. Three Punisher movies so far, one was horrible, one was eeeh. I'll see for myself if I like this one, the only critics I listen to are myself. What movie critics may find as the greatest movie ever, I may find as the crappiest movie ever (cough The New Nightmare).

It's a push my friendCrying

tedmic1962
Sunday, December 07, 2008 12:53:32 PM
I personally think this is the best Punisher movie so far. It depicts Frank Castle as he is: A One Man Army and thank god they made him a soldier and not a cop or a fed. I am glad they did not make him the alcoholic painty waist that Thomas Jane was and made him the strong silent type.
The only thing I wished they had was the punisher war journal entries and they could have had Stevenson narrarate it. People going to see this movie that do not know who the Punisher is should buy a few issues of the Punisher comic book and get the feel for the movie. It is not mandatory to enjoy the movie but it will give you the mindset of what you can expect.
If you want "ART" in your movie go see The Life of Bees.
Stage3Evolution
Monday, December 08, 2008 5:59:28 PM
those that have seen the movie think its great but somehow its bombing at the box office. I think I'll wait till its out on DVD not that I am cheap I just have all the comic book movies on DVD anyway
The_Ghost
Monday, December 08, 2008 8:51:57 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member
Is this a sequel or a remake?

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
scaryhead
Monday, December 08, 2008 9:08:10 PM
DrFate wrote:
Is this a sequel or a remake?

Its more like another reimagining. There was no reference to the 2004 movie, and the origin had been teeked aswell.
All the comic book video game updates, discussions and roasts a nerd like you could ask for! The Comics Console on ComicAttack.net

@andrewEhurst on Twitter!

punisherfan1138
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 7:14:30 AM
Stage3Evolution wrote:
those that have seen the movie think its great but somehow its bombing at the box office. I think I'll wait till its out on DVD not that I am cheap I just have all the comic book movies on DVD anyway

Why would that be cheaper? Ticket is $7.50, DVD is at least $19.99...oh yeah, pop corn and a soda requires a credit references and two forms of ID.D'oh
Dementia5
Tuesday, December 09, 2008 11:04:08 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
I think he meant a rental. If he's a Netflix member it's pennies on the dollar.
"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE