Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL News and Events » Coming Soon on CCL
Joe
Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:43:12 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
Coming Soon on CCL

OK, the subscription fee has been implemented. The CR2.0 is about half done. And there is a top secret project being worked on at the CCL bull pen. But here are a few things coming down the pipe and posted for your discussion:

1. A Title page with information about the entire series.
2. A Character Page with information about a specific character.
3. A Publisher Page with information about the publisher.
4. A creator page with information about the creator.
5. A new releases page with a date picker, to see past, present, and future releases.
6. A virtual hold box that a member can set up with a store.
7. A virtual pull list that a member can provide to a store.
8. The ability to store your collection on our servers.
9. The ability to manage your collection remotely through a web browser.
10. A silverlight (Mac Compatible) interface for managing your collection.
11. Enhanced reporting on the software.
12. Price guide module to appraise your collection.

There is more, but I am not allowed to talk about it just yet. I want to thank the community for their support and suggestions, and look forward to a great year. Our goal is to always provide our subscribers with the cool tools they need to enhance their experience with this cool hobby.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

pottersan
Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:48:41 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
All that for $30.00???

It's like CCL does everything Comic Collecting related but read the comics for you!

Wait, I guess it even does that with the issues reviews!

Glad I came across that Wizard add back in late 2007.

CLL rejuvenated my comic collecting. Thanks to all at CCL!

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

Xylob
Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:50:45 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
Joe wrote:
Is this a move toward an entirely web-based application with no software install necessary on my PC? I can see pros as well as cons. Just a curiosity question here.

Joe wrote:
Being able to include thumbs of the issues on exported reports would be awesome. Also, what about being able to export to a format usable by Access?

Joe wrote:

Can you provide any insight on what the source of the pricing would be? Overstreet? Joe Butler says so? Market stats on CCL? I've found that most price guides are rarely on the mark for actual market prices.

Thanks for the heads up. New stuff is fun to play with. I look forward to the added features.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
Joe
Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:58:05 PM
Xylob wrote:
Joe wrote:
Is this a move toward an entirely web-based application with no software install necessary on my PC? I can see pros as well as cons. Just a curiosity question here.

No, there will still be software. There are some things that the web just can't do, especially with a large collection. But what we have done is open our system for much, much more in the software arena.

Xylob wrote:

Joe wrote:
Being able to include thumbs of the issues on exported reports would be awesome. Also, what about being able to export to a format usable by Access?

Probably not for access.
Xylob wrote:

Joe wrote:

Can you provide any insight on what the source of the pricing would be? Overstreet? Joe Butler says so? Market stats on CCL? I've found that most price guides are rarely on the mark for actual market prices.

This has been a big discussion. We have a planed system that allows us to be flexible with this. I have my own ideas on this, that I have not shared with anyone so what we actually release remains to be seen. There are some legal things being looked at as well.
Xylob wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. New stuff is fun to play with. I look forward to the added features.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

pottersan
Saturday, January 24, 2009 12:59:03 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Xylob wrote:

And to go along with that, most markets vary greatly. The thing I like about the Overstreet is that they include articles form a great variety of dealers across the country and what is and is not moving in their area.

I would say that CCL could well within reason, use current and past sales on this site as a big determinant of value.

Ultimately, I put the onus on the individual to gather information from various sources ( Overstreet, CCL, eBay and even....ehhyyeehhh wizard...) to get a reasonable value for an issue.

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

Joe
Saturday, January 24, 2009 1:08:52 PM
pottersan wrote:

Ultimately, I put the onus on the individual to gather information from various sources ( Overstreet, CCL, eBay and even....ehhyyeehhh wizard...) to get a reasonable value for an issue.

Actually this is something we believe as well. The more sources you research, the better idea of a value that you can get.

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

Xylob
Saturday, January 24, 2009 1:20:44 PM
Joe wrote:
Xylob wrote:
Joe wrote:

No, there will still be software. There are some things that the web just can't do, especially with a large collection. But what we have done is open our system for much, much more in the software arena.

I can certainly see where server maintenance would quickly become cumbersome and expensive. Not to mention how much storage capacity would be needed.
Even with limited capability, I can see where a lot of people will probably use the web-based part more than the software. Personally I don't have a CrackBerry or 'smart' phone and do not need mobile access to the interwebs, but what can I say -- I'm an old fart.

As for the price guide, as with all price guides it will only be a 'gee whiz' kind of thing for me. Price guides are guesstimates at best.
There are 2 CoIE tie-in issues on my wishlist that I've been wanting for a while. My LCS has both in VF at the best and wants $15.00 a piece for them.
I've seen them on eBay for upwards of $80 in VF, and seen them here as low as $0.90 in F/VF!
These funny books are really only worth as much as you can get somebody to pay for them. Priceguide or no.
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
punisherfan1138
Saturday, January 24, 2009 2:05:21 PM
Groups: Member
pottersan wrote:
All that for $30.00???

It's like CCL does everything Comic Collecting related but read the comics for you!

That will be in the next update.Laughing

Thanks Joe, you guys just keep taking a great program and making it better and better! The only think that could possibly make CCL better would be monthly contest to win free stuff.Winking
BurningDoom
Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:02:26 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
Awesome! I can't wait for the new features. Seems like CCL will become the one in all collector's tool. You guys keep getting better and better, and I already talk you up like you're my 2nd wife. All you need now is for Previews to solicit upcoming issues through CCL.

Joe wrote:
pottersan wrote:

Actually this is something we believe as well. The more sources you research, the better idea of a value that you can get.

I've always thought that Overstreet Price Guide is the industry standard. But at the same time, I see that it is becoming outdated in the internet age; since prices are fluctuating much quicker than on a yearly basis, even for newer issues. If Overstreet made a smaller, monthly guide, like Wizard or Beckett, it would probably solve a lot a problems. Maybe some sort of cross-promotion between the CCL site and Overstreet? I don't know, I don't have a clue how these business things work. Just a suggestion.

-Nate-
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
yourfriendandy
Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:18:38 PM
Joe all of this sounds awesome.

Especially the mac compatible part. When this is available, you've got my money for a subscription!
CuriousGoodsNComics
Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:24:18 PM
cant wait !! yahoo especially for the subscription part : )
Xylob
Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:46:52 PM
People still use Macs? I thought those were only for left-handed weirdos...
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

yourfriendandy
Saturday, January 24, 2009 5:12:58 PM
Xylob wrote:
People still use Macs? I thought those were only for left-handed weirdos...

Talk to the Hand

Xylob
Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:58:23 PM
Winking
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

vacantpassenger
Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:28:43 PM
Gotta say, Joe, these are some of the best developments we've seen yet, IMO!

Great job, everyone! Applause
vaultofhorror
Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:45:40 PM
BurningDoom wrote:
Awesome! I can't wait for the new features. Seems like CCL will become the one in all collector's tool. You guys keep getting better and better, and I already talk you up like you're my 2nd wife. All you need now is for Previews to solicit upcoming issues through CCL.

Joe wrote:
pottersan wrote:

I've always thought that Overstreet Price Guide is the industry standard. But at the same time, I see that it is becoming outdated in the internet age; since prices are fluctuating much quicker than on a yearly basis, even for newer issues. If Overstreet made a smaller, monthly guide, like Wizard or Beckett, it would probably solve a lot a problems. Maybe some sort of cross-promotion between the CCL site and Overstreet? I don't know, I don't have a clue how these business things work. Just a suggestion.

-Nate-

Overstreet had a monthly price guide back years ago, called "Fan". They couldn't keep up with the market on a monthly basis and went back to the yearly published format. I think using Overstreet, Wizard and Comicbookrealm, comicspriceguide.com should be the medium. Most of the stores here, sell stuff at 50% off guide as promotions. Just because we sell things for 50% off guide or at a discounted rate, I don't think that should effect the value of what it should be listed at.

Awesome updates btw added to CCL so far.
Jim
Saturday, January 24, 2009 8:43:59 PM
Joe wrote:
Coming Soon on CCL
6. A virtual hold box that a member can set up with a store.
7. A virtual pull list that a member can provide to a store.

Why didn't I think of this? Oh wait, I DID!.

Seriously though, this is something that several stores have been clamoring for. I know that CG&C2, ComicsCastle, and myself are going to be the first to implement it.
The_Ghost
Saturday, January 24, 2009 11:58:59 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member
Even though I've stopped collecting comics, I really like the idea of customers opening a box through sellers. I know Jim has been doing that for a while so I thought about going through his store for weekly books. I bet that would increase sales for store all over CCL if they decide to implement it.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
Jim
Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:26:51 AM
True that.
The biggest bonus to virtual pull boxes here is that box holders can see the covers of the books on hold for them. Thats a HUGE bonus for the guys that collect special covers or multiple covers. No more guessing.
Dementia5
Sunday, January 25, 2009 1:05:12 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
Some interesting ideas being put out there... I have long waited for some serious report formatting; it would be enough for me to consider subscribing, but will be at the point where we can do some serious querying ("list all appearances of Dr. Doom between 1960 - 1970")?

I confess, I do not know what a "virtual pull box" is.
"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE