Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » Sam Rami talks Spider-Man 4. Closing in on a villian or villians.

Sam Rami talks Spider-Man 4. Closing in on a villian or villians.

scaryhead
Monday, March 16, 2009 12:14:19 PM
Groups: Member

http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8167

Both MTV and IGN talked to director Sam Raimi on Sunday about Spider-Man 4, which just received a release date of May 6, 2011 last week.

Raimi says that he and the production team are "in the earliest stages of working with the writer, trying to work out a story." He added that they are just working on the fourth installment and not also a fifth film. Previous reports had claimed that Sony Pictures would be making the fourth and fifth movies at the same time, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

The helmer said that they are closing in on Spider-Man's adversary or adversaries for the fourth pic. "All the characters or villains or villain, whatever we decide to do will be from Stan Lee's creations or those that came after him," he said.

And will Kirsten Dunst return as Mary Jane Watson? If it was up to Raimi, definitely: "I’m hoping she'll be in it and I'm planning on having a story with her in it... It wouldn't be the Spider-Man series without her."

All the comic book video game updates, discussions and roasts a nerd like you could ask for! The Comics Console on ComicAttack.net

@andrewEhurst on Twitter!

KingZombie
Monday, March 16, 2009 6:08:37 PM
No! Why no back-to-back filming of 4 and 5? It's guaranteed bankable movies! Just look at the Pirates of the Carribean sequels! C'mon Raimi! I want more!
BurningDoom
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:22:01 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
Quote:
The helmer said that they are closing in on Spider-Man's adversary or adversaries for the fourth pic. "All the characters or villains or villain, whatever we decide to do will be from Stan Lee's creations or those that came after him," he said.

Could we have gotten a more unclear answer?! I mean come on, that's Spidey's ENTIRE history.

Who do you guys think it will be? I doubt they're gonna go with The Lizard, I think that's just Raimi's way to keep fans unfocused. I mean he's teased us about it in 3 movies now. I doubt he'll go with a Goblin again, after using them in the 1st and 3rd movies now. But it would be sweet as hell if Hobgoblin was in it. Dr. Octopus, Sandman, and Venom are all out just because they've been used now.

I personally want to see a crime underworld story. Something with guys like Kingpin, Silvermane, Hammerhead, Tombstone, Hobgoblin, and others. That's a big part of Spider-Man's history that hasn't been explored onscreen yet.

-Nate-
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
vaultofhorror
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 11:10:14 AM
Mysterio would make an awesome villain, think of all the special effects and mess with your head moments a movie like that can be. Having Spider-Man think everyone in his life died, bringing back baddies like Green Goblin, Venom, or Dr. Ock etc...

Mysterio would make the best villain on screen imo.
kidlippy
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:19:24 PM
vaultofhorror wrote:
Mysterio would make an awesome villain, think of all the special effects and mess with your head moments a movie like that can be. Having Spider-Man think everyone in his life died, bringing back baddies like Green Goblin, Venom, or Dr. Ock etc...

I totally agree with you. I was talking to a buddy about who would be the next villain and Mysterio was the favorite. And the perfect guy to play him? The same guy who had cameos in the first 3 films....Bruce Campbell!
Big Grin
BurningDoom
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:35:36 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
vaultofhorror wrote:

Good Choice!
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here