Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Desktop Software » MsMacDugle's Visual Help Presentations » Is there anyway to modify the reports?

Is there anyway to modify the reports?

risingceo
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:16:47 PM
Groups: Member
I would love for the Reports tab - Collected report to have some modifications (or allow us the ability to edit).

I personally don't need to see the "Cover price", "Paid". Will we ever have editing ability?

Thanks,

NGS
LadyJay
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 8:52:31 PM
Groups: Member, Super Hero Showdown Host
The only way I know of is to export the report to an excel file and then modify the excel version.
I choose to speak with my pocket-book
mwalsh72
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:46:56 PM
Customizable reports are on the "one of these days" list at CCL headquarters. So far, more important/higher demand things keep pushing it down the priority list.

You're not alone in wanting it, though. It's pretty much the one thing remaining to make this the perfect collection management software for me.
patn2008
Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:59:47 AM
mwalsh72 wrote:
Customizable reports are on the "one of these days" list at CCL headquarters. So far, more important/higher demand things keep pushing it down the priority list.

You're not alone in wanting it, though. It's pretty much the one thing remaining to make this the perfect collection management software for me.
1+++++++++++++++
chiller67
Saturday, March 26, 2011 8:00:07 PM
I know this is an older thread but I just wanted to add my vote in favour of customizeable reports. I'd love to be able to see at a glance how many DC, Marvel or any other publishers titles I have. It would be awesome if you could incorporate the "group by" buttons at the bottom of the "My Collection" tab into the report generator (publisher, writer, artist etc).
MsMacDugle
Sunday, March 27, 2011 4:57:22 PM
This is how I do it within the system. I use either the catalog or collected views to add additional categories to sort by. As I add the comic also use them to select only the Marvel, DC, etc via the right click on my mouse which opens my options tab & then I select all that apply to that comic. I happen to have it actually broken down to reflect 4 different collections with these possiblities. So when I generate a report I set it up to show only the ones I'm interested in.
"God so Loved us that he gave us his only son as the perfect gift to cover all our sins & to restore us into his presence one day"
The_Valiant_One
Monday, March 28, 2011 9:42:23 AM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
MsMacDugle wrote:
This is how I do it within the system. I use either the catalog or collected views to add additional categories to sort by. As I add the comic also use them to select only the Marvel, DC, etc via the right click on my mouse which opens my options tab & then I select all that apply to that comic. I happen to have it actually broken down to reflect 4 different collections with these possiblities. So when I generate a report I set it up to show only the ones I'm interested in.

Hey MsMac! THAT is a great piece of advice.

Reports features were one of the first suggestions I made when I got hired for the software. I would like to see that as well. Joe is going to be doing a stripdown on the software when he wraps up his current project, and we'll make some changes and additions as he goes. This should also identify some bugs we've had in the past and see how easy some additions will be to make such as these.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
chiller67
Monday, March 28, 2011 10:44:47 AM
MsMacDugle wrote:

Thank you for your input.
I've had a go at modifying my collected view in the past and it didn't work out quite the way I'd hoped. I suppose I'm looking for a much simpler solution to my problem. At the touch of a button maybe?
I'm going to try what you have suggested though, as the last time I was trying to isolate Individual issues (all the DC 100 pagers from the early 70's) rather than individual titles.