Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » What Spiderman story would make a great movie trilogy???

What Spiderman story would make a great movie trilogy???

The_Ghost
Monday, May 02, 2011 6:37:59 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member
So many Spidey stories out there that could be used as a movie trilogy but which one???

I think Kraven's Last Hunt would be cool but then you would have to re-introduce the black Spidey suit. Could be neat though.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
4saken1
Monday, May 02, 2011 6:56:37 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
DrFate wrote:
I think Kraven's Last Hunt would be cool.....

That's the first one that came to mind when I saw the header on this thread!
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
SpidermanGeek
Monday, May 02, 2011 8:20:40 PM
Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member
Hmm.. this is a tough one. There have been so many great Spidey stories and battles, it's hard to chose.

I'd love to see a trilogy where the final act (part 3) would be based on Back in Black.

So what I would have would be number 1 being the origin with green Goblin as the Villain. Gwen Stacey would die, Goblin defeated and we'd end the movie with MJ's intro. There would be a sub-plot introducing Kingpin.

Part 2 would see the introduction of Alien Symbiote, leading into Venom and his defeat, all the while still running a sub-plot that would introduce Hobgoblin and keep kingpin in the background. The film would end with Venom defeated and Spidey revealing his Identity to the world.

Part 3 would have an opening battle with Hobgoblin after his attempt at assassinating Peter Parker, but critically injuring Aunt May instead. Peter would beat Hobgoblin, stash away MJ, done a non-symbiote black suite and go after Kingpin for revenge.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
BurningDoom
Monday, May 02, 2011 8:24:26 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
SpidermanGeek wrote:
Hmm.. this is a tough one. There have been so many great Spidey stories and battles, it's hard to chose.

I'd love to see a trilogy where the final act (part 3) would be based on Back in Black.

So what I would have would be number 1 being the origin with green Goblin as the Villain. Gwen Stacey would die, Goblin defeated and we'd end the movie with MJ's intro. There would be a sub-plot introducing Kingpin.

Part 2 would see the introduction of Alien Symbiote, leading into Venom and his defeat, all the while still running a sub-plot that would introduce Hobgoblin and keep kingpin in the background. The film would end with Venom defeated and Spidey revealing his Identity to the world.

Part 3 would have an opening battle with Hobgoblin after his attempt at assassinating Peter Parker, but critically injuring Aunt May instead. Peter would beat Hobgoblin, stash away MJ, done a non-symbiote black suite and go after Kingpin for revenge.

Sign this guy up to write the next script.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
The_Ghost
Monday, May 02, 2011 8:29:45 PM
That sounds good, Geek. Dont forget to add Mephisto at the end to save aunt May. Sick

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
SpidermanGeek
Monday, May 02, 2011 8:32:02 PM
Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member
DrFate wrote:
That sounds good, Geek. Dont forget to add Mephisto at the end to save aunt May. Sick

Nnnuh-Uh! The old bag bites it at the end and Peter has to live with his identity exposed. He joins the FF or something, lol.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
Dreadnok01
Monday, May 02, 2011 9:23:56 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Two words: Clone Saga!!!!

Just KiddingDevil
ShenValleyInitiative
Monday, May 02, 2011 9:30:25 PM
Groups: Member
One More*is shot*
dunleavy75
Monday, May 02, 2011 9:46:47 PM
Death of Gwen Stacy for sure would make a great flick.

Shop at - ComicsCastle - AlphaComics - TreeHouse
The_Ghost
Monday, May 02, 2011 10:00:14 PM
I want a dark looking Spiderman movie. Something like Kraven's Last Hunt or Back in Black.

Nerd Nation
Shadowdodger
Monday, May 02, 2011 10:29:02 PM
Kraven's Last Hunt was the first thing I thought of. If I remember correctly, it has that "realism" feel that's worked for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Then I went the other way and thought of the Sinister Six mini-series from the 90's. That may need to take a couple movies to tell though.
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
BurningDoom
Monday, May 02, 2011 10:47:18 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
I think the Symbiote storyline would work well. The first movie could be about Spider-Man gaining the Symbiote and the story of him discovering it to be alive then trying to overcome it. All the while he could be fighting a villain such as Hobgoblin. At the end Venom is teased. The 2nd movie of course being Spider-Man vs. Venom story. At the end of that it could tease the Venom Symbiote spawning. Then finally the 3rd movie could be the Venom vs. Carnage vs. Spider-Man three-way-dance. All of it would be very visual and would be a special-effects feast for the eyes. And if it's successful, they could even make some more money with a Venom spin-off.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here