Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » DC Comics » DC's 52 Reboot
CosmicAvenger
Friday, August 05, 2011 6:12:22 PM
Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member
Conversations have already begun, so lets try to keep this thread for when they release next month, to see what everyone thinks about the titles they are reading!

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
CosmicAvenger
Friday, August 05, 2011 6:13:05 PM
Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member

icarus201
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:28:17 PM
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
Quick question. Where is the Spectre in all this new 52 reboot shenanigans? I'd hate to think my favourite DC character was currently in comic limbo when so many lame ducks are still flying around the DCU. Swamp Thing, Deadman and Rac Shade are still around, so my other passions survive till another cancellation day.
Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

padreglcc
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:43:23 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
icarus201 wrote:
Quick question. Where is the Spectre in all this new 52 reboot shenanigans? I'd hate to think my favourite DC character was currently in comic limbo when so many lame ducks are still flying around the DCU. Swamp Thing, Deadman and Rac Shade are still around, so my other passions survive till another cancellation day.

So far, he has yet to make an appearance.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Problems with the CCL Software or Website? Contact the CCL Helpdesk:
Email: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Phone: 615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Make sure you understand the Forum Rules
GOTHJEW67
Thursday, December 15, 2011 7:45:22 PM
Groups: Member
javascript:insertsmiley('Whistle%20','/forum/images/emoticons/Whistle.gif')
I'm a huge Spectre fan, and I find it highly unlikely that Avatar of god's wrath would simply allow the events of Flashpoint to transpire or worse yet continue and not make some kind of appearance to offset this new continuity thing.

The Bear Jew
icarus201
Sunday, December 18, 2011 4:10:06 PM
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
GOTHJEW67 wrote:
javascript:insertsmiley('Whistle%20','/forum/images/emoticons/Whistle.gif')
I'm a huge Spectre fan, and I find it highly unlikely that Avatar of god's wrath would simply allow the events of Flashpoint to transpire or worse yet continue and not make some kind of appearance to offset this new continuity thing.

Maybe the Spectre is the hooded figure that appeared in all the New 52 #1's. Think

The_Ghost
Sunday, December 18, 2011 7:12:36 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member
icarus201 wrote:

Maybe the Spectre is the hooded figure that appeared in all the New 52 #1's. Think

That's an interesting theory, Icarus.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
Dumerill
Sunday, December 18, 2011 10:05:28 PM
The "hooded figure" is a woman, so unless they changed the sex of the Spectre, it's not him.
Truthful Comics Official Site
"The Truth Shall Set You Free"
The_Ghost
Sunday, December 18, 2011 11:46:22 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member
Dumerill wrote:
The "hooded figure" is a woman, so unless they changed the sex of the Spectre, it's not him.

If Loki can come back as a chick then why not Spectre?

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
icarus201
Monday, December 19, 2011 5:21:54 AM
Dumerill wrote:

That could be part of the reboot. There's no reason why the Spectre couldn't now have a female host body.

db8coach
Monday, January 09, 2012 12:14:36 PM
There are 2 things that stick in my craw about the new 52:

1. Some of the art is just bad. I'm looking at Mr. Terrific and Grifter. It saddens me that there are some awesome artists out there without a job and the guys on these books absolutely blow.

2. What is going on in some of the books? Some of them are reboots, some are not. Some are continuing stories, some are not. There are a lot of people that say screw continuity...but unfortunately I am not one of them. Also, some of the story telling is just so bad that I don't know what is going on from month to month.
nacho
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 4:47:35 PM
anybody know if there going to bring back ted kord in the new dcu?
frank666
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 7:58:37 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I am simply puzzled by 52. They all don't seem to be in the same timeline. For example:

JLA: the heroes are seem to be hated by the public.
Superman & Action comics: in Superman Kal-EL seems to be accepted by the public, while in Action Comics it seems to be the beginning of his career.
Green Arrow: at the beginning
Green Lantern: the story has continued from the pre Flashpoint era, i.e. differant type of rings etc.
Batman: same as Green Lantern, but then again in JLA he is at the beginning.

So as said it is quite confusing.
padreglcc
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 9:43:37 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
frank666 wrote:
I am simply puzzled by 52. They all don't seem to be in the same timeline. For example:

Superman & Action comics: in Superman Kal-EL seems to be accepted by the public, while in Action Comics it seems to be the beginning of his career.

The first arc of Justice League is set 5 years before all the rest of the 52 books. Action Comics is set 10 years before the rest of the books.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

frank666
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:54:11 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
padreglcc wrote:
frank666 wrote:

The first arc of Justice League is set 5 years before all the rest of the 52 books. Action Comics is set 10 years before the rest of the books.

Ah didnt know that, thanks for the info. So all the others titles are on the same "timeline" etc.
The only critism I have about "52" is that DC has now rebooted it's universe, what 4 times, so it is getting old. They should think of something else Big Grin At least the new JSA will finally be taking place on Earth 2 and I am really looking forward to that title.
icarus201
Sunday, February 05, 2012 10:18:05 AM
So, another thing. With the DC Universe all being rebooted from scratch, does this mean that all the classic villains and supporting cast; Joker, Luthor, Lois et al, have to be re-introduced?

treker10
Sunday, March 04, 2012 9:26:33 AM
frank666 wrote:

Green Lantern: the story has continued from the pre Flashpoint era, i.e. differant type of rings etc.

It is. Did certain characters just go puff into non-existence in the re-boot. The Batgirl comic has Barbara Gordon right after she was shot by the Joker but she wasn't but into a wheelchair and continues as Batgirl. So what happens to Cassandra Cane and Stephie Brown. Did they just diappear?
padreglcc
Sunday, March 04, 2012 12:18:22 PM
treker10 wrote:
frank666 wrote:

It is. Did certain characters just go puff into non-existence in the re-boot. The Batgirl comic has Barbara Gordon right after she was shot by the Joker but she wasn't but into a wheelchair and continues as Batgirl. So what happens to Cassandra Cane and Stephie Brown. Did they just diappear?

Batgirl actually picks up a good deal of time after Barbara was shot. She was wheelchair bound for some time until she received an experimental treatment and regained the use of her legs.

As far as other characters, some of them do appear to have gone away (ot at least not been reintroduced yet). The New 52 has not introduced us to Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown yet, so I have no idea if either of them ever served as Batgirl.

treker10
Sunday, March 04, 2012 2:25:54 PM
The new Batgirl takes places 3 years after the Joker's shooting. But my point was that like that of frank666's that the new 52's timeline is confusing because other Bat books seem to take place in other time periods.
davidrn
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 8:02:51 PM
What happened to Abin Sur? He survived Flashpoint but isn't referred to in the Green Lantern books.