Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL News and Events » CCL'S NEXT VARIANT EXCLUSIVE: POLL

Poll Question: What would YOU like to see?

• Anything by Marvel.
    48%
    19 vote(s)
  • Transformers and/or G.I.JOE
    12%
    5 vote(s)
  • Star Trek
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    17%
    7 vote(s)
  • Ghostbusters
    2%
    1 vote(s)
  • Something by Image. (Perhaps WALKING DEAD)
    5%
    2 vote(s)
  • Independent Movie Property.
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Anything Independent.
    5%
    2 vote(s)
  • Something from Dynamite.
    7%
    3 vote(s)
2 pages: [1] 2
The_Valiant_One
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 12:48:34 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Hey guys - I've been given the green light to get us a new CCL EXCLUSIVE VARIANT for us to market our CCL product, sell at conventions, promotions etc. This is one part of my plan for 2012 and will also help generate us more resources for updates to the website, which I'm already putting resources towards.

Above are 9 choices of fairly standard choices of publisher sources for variants. When making your choice, try to think about what might work BEST for CCL and not just what's your favorite title and/or characters. Feel free to post your reason behind the choice and feel free to PM me any questions you might have beyond the topic of exclusives.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
scotteaves
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 12:59:40 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, Guru, Member, Subscriber
Dude - Ghostbusters. You guys should've gotten in on the "Be a Ghostbuster" variant. Could've had Joe as a Ghostbuster! or you as a Ghostbuster!
The_Valiant_One
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:04:26 PM
Shop at My Store
scotteaves wrote:
Dude - Ghostbusters. You guys should've gotten in on the "Be a Ghostbuster" variant. Could've had Joe as a Ghostbuster! or you as a Ghostbuster!

I just saw those this week. Pretty cool. I could have had a SIGNED exclusive too! :)

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
icarus201
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:07:02 PM
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
What about a Red Sonja or Warlord of Mars cover?
Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
fenix1977
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:19:14 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Ninja Turtles! If I thought that the guys from Red5 would do one I would say see if you could snag an Atomic Robo. I don't think they have ever done a variant cover and I would snag one of those for sure!
The_Valiant_One
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:19:27 PM
Shop at My Store
icarus201 wrote:

Red Sonja was an initial choice before our LONE RANGER, but it was decided that we might be sending the wrong message with the half-naked barbarian woman.

Dynamite would honestly be my last choice because it's so expensive to work with them...AND...I'm not too thrilled with the legal hoops we had to jump through. Not that Dynamite is a bad company at all...but personally, I was not 100% happy with the end product.

But Art Adams sure can draw a nekkid lady.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

The_Valiant_One
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:22:22 PM
Shop at My Store
fenix1977 wrote:
Ninja Turtles! If I thought that the guys from Red5 would do one I would say see if you could snag an Atomic Robo. I don't think they have ever done a variant cover and I would snag one of those for sure!

We met the Red5 folks a few years back and they were super nice. I'd be completely open to an Atomic Robo exclusive...cause...well, it's a pretty sweet book.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

fatninja
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:28:47 PM
Groups: Member
I would love to see a Ghostbusters cover, but I am fan.

I think it should be something that has a large fan appeal, as I am sure you want these to sell. TMNT seems to be picking up again, I have been moving way more TMNT books lately. I have done 3 small shows in the past 2 weeks and TMNT was a great seller for me. I went from bringing maybe a 1/3 box to making sure I have a full long box of back issues for this weekends shows. The Walking Dead may also be a solid choice, that one would be sure to sell.

Just some thoughts
SwiftMann
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:31:53 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member
I voted anything at Marvel.

Mostly because I think doing a store/retailer cover at IDW, Zenescope, Boom or Dynamite will just get lost in the enormous pile of store/retailer variants those companies already put out. Amazing Spider-Man #666 aside, Marvel doesn't do many store/retailer variants outside of Midtown. It'd be nice exposure. Image, especially a Kirkman title like Walking Dead, would be a close second for me.
wickedcomics
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:37:33 PM
Marvel... get a Spider-Man variant or X-Force. I don't think the cover even if it has a half naked Barbarian woman represents CCL in anyway. Just as a Marvel or anyone other publisher having a violent cover wouldn't represent CCL saying we are violent. I believe it's just another exclusive and a good way to advertise CCL. Spider-Man punching someone in the face doesn't mean CCL endorses you go around punching random people in the face Tongue. After we decide what publisher and title we should then decide on what artist.

My two picks would be either Marvel or Zenescope. The other publishers would be a waste of your advertising money, you want this to expand to a big audience and get CCL's name out to the public. You also will want to trickle a few on eBay from a few high rated sellers so that it brings more people here.. Although you will want most copies purchased here it be a good idea to get some free advertising letting people know it exists. Just my two cents Big Grin
Nanosplicer
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 1:41:39 PM
Why not anything DC? Jump on this New 52 bandwagon.
The_Valiant_One
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:02:35 PM
Shop at My Store
Nanosplicer wrote:

To my knowledge, DC doesn't allow exclusive retailer variants. This might have changed, but I don't think so.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

Nanosplicer
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:04:54 PM
The_Valiant_One wrote:
Nanosplicer wrote:

To my knowledge, DC doesn't allow exclusive retailer variants. This might have changed, but I don't think so.
If that's the case then I'd have to say Marvel would be the best exposure for CCL.
The_Valiant_One
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:11:15 PM
Shop at My Store
wickedcomics wrote:
Marvel... get a Spider-Man variant or X-Force. I don't think the cover even if it has a half naked Barbarian woman represents CCL in anyway. Just as a Marvel or anyone other publisher having a violent cover wouldn't represent CCL saying we are violent. I believe it's just another exclusive and a good way to advertise CCL. Spider-Man punching someone in the face doesn't mean CCL endorses you go around punching random people in the face Tongue. After we decide what publisher and title we should then decide on what artist.

My two picks would be either Marvel or Zenescope. The other publishers would be a waste of your advertising money, you want this to expand to a big audience and get CCL's name out to the public. You also will want to trickle a few on eBay from a few high rated sellers so that it brings more people here.. Although you will want most copies purchased here it be a good idea to get some free advertising letting people know it exists. Just my two cents Big Grin

Honestly, the semi-nudity isn't as much as an issue for me as it was for Joe. It just bothers him...but that doesn't mean that we wouldn't consider it. Same thing with certain Zenescope. Joe's a teacher at his church too, so his faith is very important to him. But again, it's not that big of a deal for me in that regard and this is officially my project.

As for choosing the artist, that sometimes is out of our hands. For our Lone Ranger #10 variant, John Cassaday was under contract for every Lone Ranger cover...which might have been why the variant was so expensive on our end. In addition, we had a minimum 2500 copy order. From here on out, this plays a factor for my future variants. My favorites were our Phantom #22 with Moonstone with only 100 copies and Phantom: KGB NOIR #1 (200 copies), which was the first official Phantom sketchable cover and I personally funded.

Moonstone is a great company to work with in this regard.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

spiderjack
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:33:06 PM
My top choice would be a MARVEL and Amazing Spiderman or Daredevil for title
Quick question if this comes to pass will we be able to buy a copy here from one of the stores?
Jim
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:55:50 PM
I chose Transformers and/or GI Joe but I'd be happy with anything from Marvel too. Happy
spacecitycomics
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:57:04 PM
Maybe a Marvel blank sketch cover, minimal production costs and
EZ to promote, especially to the convention crowd.
The_Valiant_One
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 2:58:20 PM
Shop at My Store
spiderjack wrote:
Quick question if this comes to pass will we be able to buy a copy here from one of the stores?

These will be available exclusively through CCL's Official Store here on the website...but I'm sure stores will be buying extras as well.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

Jim
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:08:59 PM
The_Valiant_One wrote:
icarus201 wrote:

Red Sonja was an initial choice before our LONE RANGER, but it was decided that we might be sending the wrong message with the half-naked barbarian woman.

Dynamite would honestly be my last choice because it's so expensive to work with them...AND...I'm not too thrilled with the legal hoops we had to jump through. Not that Dynamite is a bad company at all...but personally, I was not 100% happy with the end product.

But Art Adams sure can draw a nekkid lady.

Oh I disagree. I think full frontal would blow the doors off the hinges with all the new traffic here on CCL. Rolling on the Floor
spacecitycomics
Wednesday, October 05, 2011 3:09:09 PM
The_Valiant_One wrote:
spiderjack wrote:

These will be available exclusively through CCL's Official Store here on the website...but I'm sure stores will be buying extras as well.

So when are you going to figure your price break, and what variant are
you going to offer stores that order more than a few, you will now
be THEE distributor !!! Devil