Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Desktop Software » Most Common Connection Problems
Joe
Wednesday, July 18, 2007 7:01:54 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
The CCL application is unable to connect to our server to authenticate you. Here are a few things to check.

1. Make sure you are connected to the internet.
2. Check to see if your firewall is blocking CCL.exe (most common problem). CCL needs to perform outbound port 80 webservice calls, so make sure it has access to that port.
3. See if your hardware firewall is blocking outbound port 80 traffic.
4. Sometimes Internet Explorer has a setting checked that needs to be unchecked. Open your Internet Explorer Web browser and do the following:

Tools -> Internet Options
Connections Tab
Click Lan Settings Button
UNCHECK Automatically detect settings
Click OK Button
Click OK Button on Internet Options Form
Restart windows then try CCL again

5. Could be dns. Go to Start / click on run / type cmd...hit enter / (you should be at your c:\ prompt) type in ipconfig/flushdns
6. Be sure to use your email address (not your handle) as your login when you log in with the software.

If you are still having problems, let support know. Include the following info:
Version of Windows
Type of Internet Connection
Name of Software Firewall
Name of Hardware Firewall if applicable

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

nacho
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:36:19 AM
Groups: Member
i just renewed my subscribtion and now i can't connect to the site through the software i tryed all the steps above but nuthins working any suggestions?
wajahae30
Friday, September 19, 2014 11:36:51 PM
nice post....Boo Hoo!

Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:00:29 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
wajahae30 wrote:
nice post....Boo Hoo!

Are you having problems getting connected? Do you need assistance?

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
Xylob
Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:19:06 AM
Groups: Approver, Member
wajahae30 wrote:
nice post....Boo Hoo!

Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
tazy
Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:57:36 AM
I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear....???Wall Wall
comicscastle
Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:28:41 AM
tazy wrote:
I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear....???Wall Wall
Not sure what you're talking about. You are not a seller on CCL and this post doesn't belong in this section.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

MoonKnight1
Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:54:30 AM
Shop at My Store
tazy wrote:

Hi Tazy!

Welcome to Comic Collector Live!

Not sure what your point is there, please explain. Time Out Confused

Howie

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Then find someone who life gave vodka to and become friends with them.

MoonKnight1
Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:55:27 AM
Shop at My Store
comicscastle wrote:
tazy wrote:
Not sure what you're talking about. You are not a seller on CCL and this post doesn't belong in this section.

He quoted from my signature. I'm confused as well.

comicscastle
Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:00:47 AM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
tazy wrote:

Did he place an order with you? Maybe he's being sarcastic.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-AKA Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar--Hall of Heroes--Swifty's Olde Tyme Comic Shoppe

MoonKnight1
Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:21:50 AM
Shop at My Store
comicscastle wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
tazy wrote:

Nope, no order. That's what I thought at first...plus I'm the King of Sarcasm and I think I would know it when I see it. Silly

The_Valiant_One
Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:47:55 AM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
tazy wrote:

Welcome to CCL, Tazy! Your post is slightly confusing, as it's quoting Howie's signature with a couple of heads beating against a wall...however if you have any questions or need any help, I hope you'll post here or send an email to HELPDESK@COMICCOLLECTORLIVE.COM. Thanks!

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
Thundercron
Thursday, October 30, 2014 10:37:47 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
tazy wrote:

Nope, no order. That's what I thought at first...plus I'm the King of Sarcasm and I think I would know it when I see it. Silly

Aw, you have a stalker! If you wind up disappearing, Howie, we know the place to start looking. You will be avenged.
MoonKnight1
Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:12:58 PM
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:

Aw, you have a stalker!

Wouldn't be my first. Ooh

Notheyeask
Sunday, December 25, 2022 1:33:30 PM
Good post
talhariaz5193
Thursday, August 10, 2023 11:31:19 AM
I've been encountering some issues while trying to use the CCL application. It seems like there's a problem with the authentication server connection.

I've followed the troubleshooting steps provided, including checking my internet connection, firewall settings, and even flushing DNS. However, I'm still unable to resolve the problem. I'm using Windows 10 and have a stable internet connection.

My software firewall is Windows Defender and I'm not using a hardware firewall. I'll reach out to support for further assistance and provide them with the requested information.

Hopefully, they can help me get back on track soon. - Talha
BlueMoon
Thursday, August 10, 2023 4:53:21 PM
Shop at My Store
Good post.
Thundercron
Thursday, August 10, 2023 5:14:43 PM
Shop at My Store
BlueMoon wrote:
Good post.

Rolling on the Floor
pottersan
Thursday, August 10, 2023 6:19:48 PM
Shop at My Store
Rereading this post was actually fun.

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

talhariaz5193
Monday, August 21, 2023 3:23:12 AM
Thank you for providing this detailed troubleshooting guide for the CCL application connection issue. It's clear that you've put in the effort to cover various potential causes and solutions, which will be incredibly helpful for users facing this problem. Your step-by-step instructions and explanations show that you're committed to ensuring a smooth experience for fellow users.

I appreciate how you've included a range of possibilities, from firewall settings to DNS issues, and even checking Internet Explorer settings. Your inclusion of specific instructions, like unchecking the "Automatically detect settings" option in Internet Explorer, is particularly helpful. The reminder to use the email address as the login is also crucial for avoiding login-related errors.

It's evident that you're not only focused on resolving technical issues but also making sure users have the support they need in case they encounter persistent problems. Your suggestion to provide specific information when seeking support, such as the version of Windows and firewall details, demonstrates your dedication to efficient troubleshooting.

Thanks for sharing this comprehensive guide, and I'm sure it will assist many users in resolving their connectivity issues with the CCL application. Your willingness to help out and contribute valuable insights is greatly appreciated by the community. Keep up the fantastic work!