Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » Is a Justice League Movie Far Behind?
2 pages: [1] 2
KingZombie
Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:45:59 PM
Groups: Member
I can't help but think that with the smash success of The Avengers and the closing out of Nolan's Batman series that Warner Bros will want to put a Justice League movie on the fast track.

I remember reading back in 1988 that a Spider-Man movie was in the works and because of it, WB rushed the Batman movie into production, which had been in development hell for over 10 years. Of course, the Spider-Man movie wound up getting shelved but it still led to a Batman movie being released the following year and the rest is history.
Shadowdodger
Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:30:41 PM
I think they want to; they're just not in a position to do it yet. Green Lantern has come and gone and I don't think it was quite the success they wanted it to be. Wonder Woman is/has been in development limbo. As you said, Nolan/Bale's Batman is coming to a close this summer and I'm not sure Bale wants to wear the cape and cowl again. Man of Steel is coming out soon (next year?) so we'll have to wait and see how that goes. They have a long way to go before they can make it happen.
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
wickedcomics
Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:00:42 PM
Chances are a Justice League movie wouldn't come out for another 4-5 years. Unless they skip the solo movies (like Marvel had Nick Fury in each solo movies credits) and just go directly to a Justice League movie. If this was the case it could be out within 2 years at the soonest.
MER
Friday, May 11, 2012 9:12:55 AM
If they get a great staff to work on the project I say why not?

"(shouting)I'm not a window cleaner!"
-Roy (The IT Crowd)

Q: Who's the best opponent to fight in the X-Men's Danger Room?
A: Unicorns and Butterflies

Ode to get Tommy out of lurking-
"Punisher is not good. No response? I guess everyone agrees"
chiller67
Friday, May 11, 2012 9:17:09 AM
I think a JLA movie is a long way off. In fact I have heard from a reliable source that it's been shelved for the time being.
Xylob
Friday, May 11, 2012 12:34:29 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
as much as I'd love to see a JL flick, Marvel/Disney have done it right with the Avengers and multiple single-character "intro" movies leading up to a team. Making movies is an industry, which is all about making money. You can't just start with a team movie, there's no time to develop the characters to a point where people will care enough about them to pay their $$$$ to see a team movie.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
icarus201
Friday, May 11, 2012 1:09:03 PM
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
It'd never work. With the exception of Supes and Bats, DC characters are not interesting enough to hold screen time. Devil Big Grin Clown
Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
roguesquad
Friday, May 11, 2012 5:09:43 PM
icarus201 wrote:
It'd never work. With the exception of Supes and Bats, DC characters are not interesting enough to hold screen time. Devil Big Grin Clown

You've got a point there... aside from the big 3, I can't think of 1 character that would get a non-comic person excited for a movie.
All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
KingZombie
Friday, May 11, 2012 9:09:01 PM
Y'know what would be cool is if they did a Superman/Batman movie where they meet up for the first time to defeat an enemy and along the way they run into other super-heroes (like Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter) and by the end of the movie they've all decided to form the league. Which leads into a JL movie. The focus would be the main two with the others getting a few minutes of screen time here and there.

comicuniversity
Friday, May 11, 2012 9:52:55 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator
Nah.

A dirty Dozen type thing.

A massive threat arrives and Amanda waller or somebody decides to get a league together to combat at...and you see seperate scenes of her recruiting each hero, like in Dirty Dozen or Armageddon.

Kinda, skip the "origin" story that every other hero movie has and just pretend they are all there already. I mean...Armaggedon didnt have seprate "origin" movies for every member of the crew and we still cared about those characters.
Dreadnok01
Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:35:26 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Xylob wrote:
as much as I'd love to see a JL flick, Marvel/Disney have done it right with the Avengers and multiple single-character "intro" movies leading up to a team. Making movies is an industry, which is all about making money. You can't just start with a team movie, there's no time to develop the characters to a point where people will care enough about them to pay their $$$$ to see a team movie.

You mean excluding X-men right? Big Grin
BurningDoom
Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:46:55 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
Dreadnok01 wrote:
Xylob wrote:

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was a good team movie, too.
Xylob
Saturday, May 12, 2012 7:57:30 AM
Groups: Approver, Member
I suppose....
It's all a matter of quality writing, which seems to be in short supply lately in both comics and movies.
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
Dementia5
Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:25:34 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
It will never happen.

I say that based on DC's track record, the marketability of the JLA and the fast approaching saturation point with Hollywood regarding superhero films. No one will care, and they know this.
"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

Dreadnok01
Saturday, May 12, 2012 1:15:26 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
BurningDoom wrote:
Dreadnok01 wrote:
Xylob wrote:

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was a good team movie, too.

League wasn't bad. I was focused on the part where people spend their money on a team movie though. I'm fairly sure X-men made more money so I went there.
Thundercron
Saturday, May 12, 2012 2:59:31 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
You would think that the idea that DC is owned by a movie studio (Warner Brothers) would mean awesome DC flicks would be coming out all the time. Sadly, the opposite is true. Warner Brothers isn't interested in being DC's movie studio. They make movies of all genres throughout the year, with the hopes one or two will be a runaway hit. They will never develop more than one or two DC ideas at a time.

In a way, it's a good thing that Marvel had to whore out their properties to various movie studios over the years. Sure, some were definite misfires, but at least they got the product out there, and were able to learn from their mistakes. When Blade and X-Men came around, they took a little more creative control with these stuidios, and started having some hits. They took those profits to create Marvel Studios--a movie studio that will ONLY make Marvel properties. DC can't expect Warner Brothers to dedicate that much time into their properties.

On a side note to this, it's also a good thing that Ang Lee's Hulk bombed the way it did (a movie I enjoyed on various levels). If it were a hit, that studio would not have allowed the rights to revert back to Marvel, and we'd have no Hulk in the Avengers movie. Can you imagine?
icarus201
Saturday, May 12, 2012 4:50:43 PM
Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, UK Host
So when's the big blockbuster Avengers vs. X-Men scheduled to be made? See, DC are so far behind, they haven't even got one team film in development, let alone choice from three biggies; Avengers, X-Men and FF.
Marvel Universe® ~ No-one Ever Really Dies.

KingZombie
Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:56:21 PM
comicuniversity wrote:
Nah.

A dirty Dozen type thing.

A massive threat arrives and Amanda waller or somebody decides to get a league together to combat at...and you see seperate scenes of her recruiting each hero, like in Dirty Dozen or Armageddon.

Kinda, skip the "origin" story that every other hero movie has and just pretend they are all there already. I mean...Armaggedon didnt have seprate "origin" movies for every member of the crew and we still cared about those characters.

A JL Dirty Dozen?! That my friend is the Suicide Squad! Which there has also been talk of them making into a feature film. Which would also be sick! (Although I'd like to see a JL movie before any other DC team).
The_Ghost
Monday, May 14, 2012 8:24:38 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member
It'll happen. They've already introduced Amanda Waller in Green Lantern. Batman will probably be rebooted again in a couple years and DC will probably do a couple movies that lead into the JLA within a few years. I seriously doubt DC and Warner Brothers are going to look at the success of the Avengers and decide to throw in the towel. They just have to not be afraid to use their other big guns in movies such as Flash, Hawkman, Firestorm, Green Arrow, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Huntress, Aquaman, Black Canary, and others. I was surprised they actually put a Green Lantern movie out but I think they are realizing they have to compete with Marvel Studios and use more characters than just Superman and Batman.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
KingZombie
Tuesday, June 05, 2012 9:00:44 PM
I hate to say I told ya so but...

Warner Bros. Makes Justice League Plans

Quote:
Warner Bros. is making some plans towards the long-awaited Justice League feature film as Variety reports that Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beall has been brought aboard to provide the screenplay.

Details at this point are currently few, but the enormous success of Marvel's The Avengers no doubt helped pave the way for getting the Distinguished Competition's superhero ensemble a shot at the silver screen.

What remains to be seen is whether or not Warner's film will use any of their standalone superhero projects as jumping off points, building a cohesive cinematic universe the way that Marvel has. It's been hinted that Christopher Nolan's upcoming The Dark Knight Rises will feature a definitive ending for the current version of the big screen Batman character, though Christian Bale has recently suggested that he's not entirely against the notion of further adventures in the cape and cowl.

Next summer's Man of Steel, however, marks a more likely contender to launch an ongoing big screen universe and it's entirely possible that, despite a disappointing box office, last summer's take on Green Lantern couldn't be brought back.

The other possibility is that Warner Bros. might start from scratch, as was the plan several years ago when George Miller was attached to direct a motion-capture Justice League feature.

Whatever the case may be, check back for details as soon they become available and, in the meantime, take a look at our list of 11 Characters We Want to See in a Justice League Movie.