Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » Disney's First Animated Marvel Movie Is....

Disney's First Animated Marvel Movie Is....

Shadowdodger
Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:02:33 PM
Groups: Member
....this:

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/first-cg-animated-marvel-film-from-disney-will-be-big-hero-6-set-for-2014-release

I'm not familiar with the source material, but it sounds interesting. I love robots. I love animated film. And I love comics. Sounds like a match made in nerd-heaven.
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
BurningDoom
Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:07:14 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
I've never heard of it.

I've never claimed to be a business-type guy, but wouldn't it make more sense to bank on an established character for your first outing?
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SpidermanGeek
Friday, May 10, 2013 8:14:33 AM
Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member
Big Hero 6 is like Japan's version of Alpha Flight.
They played a minor role in Amazing Spider-Man's Ends of the Earth, but the team itself was created back in 1998 and have had a handful of appearances in the Marvel U.

I think it's a rather smart move on Disney's part. It's a Marvel property that nobody else has ever touched. Sony, Fox, Universal, Paramount are all companies that have had their grubby hands on the popular marvel properties. Honestly, if I never see another Avengers, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man or X-Men cartoon it'll be too soon. Especially all the animated reboots that have been thrown at us recently.

X-Men Evolution was fun.. cancelled and rebooted to Wolverine & The X-Men.

They give us the awesome Spectacular Spider-Man, only to cancel it and give us the sub-par Ultimate Spider-Man

Avengers Earth's Mightiest heroes is getting rebooted as well.

There's also the Iron Man Adventures (or whatever it's called) which was a whole different take on Iron Man. I don't even know if that got cancelled or not. It was ok, but reminded me to much of the mess that was MTV's Spider-Man.

Then we had the Japanime versions of Wolverine, X-Men and Iron Man. Which were kind of cool, but just more of a mini-series than anything else.

Marvel's animated feature films have been pretty lame as well. Hulk vs. was meh. Iron Man was meh. Nothing special about the Dr. Strange one either.

So instead of rehashing the same crap over and over, I think it's cool that disney will try and do asomething with Big Hero 6. I think it will appeal to the younger crowds.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
KingZombie
Friday, May 10, 2013 12:31:06 PM
I think it would be cool if Disney did a CG animated flick of Damage Control. It has the humorous tone and slapstick that goes hand in hand with the types of CG animation being put out today.

MoonKnight1
Friday, May 10, 2013 1:06:39 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Shadowdodger wrote:
I'm not familiar with the source material, but it sounds interesting. I love robots. I love animated film. And I love comics. Sounds like a match made in nerd-heaven.

It's actually quite brilliant. I read the series when it first came out and was struck with the thought that it would make an excellent cartoon.

Silver Samurai was the original leader and Sunfire was a part time member so there are at least a couple of established Marvel characters. They could also bring in Viper, the Hand, Elektra, Red Ronin! and who knows. I don't know who owns the rights to what but I don't see a shortage of stories to tell. I'll watch it!

I agree with KingZombie as well, Damage Control was made for cartoons!

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations
Shadowdodger
Friday, May 10, 2013 4:06:34 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Shadowdodger wrote:

It's actually quite brilliant. I read the series when it first came out and was struck with the thought that it would make an excellent cartoon.

Silver Samurai was the original leader and Sunfire was a part time member so there are at least a couple of established Marvel characters. They could also bring in Viper, the Hand, Elektra, Red Ronin! and who knows. I don't know who owns the rights to what but I don't see a shortage of stories to tell. I'll watch it!

I agree with KingZombie as well, Damage Control was made for cartoons!

On an impulse, I ordered the one-shot from Ted at Chamber of Comics that came out in 2012:

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Issue.aspx?id=0f431477-0c04-4265-a009-bcfa54b680a6
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar