Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Collecting » Collecting, General Discussion » How has CCL changed your collecting habits?

How has CCL changed your collecting habits?

7 pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Capekiller
Friday, August 03, 2007 8:28:36 AM
Groups: Member
I actually found myself leafing through some DC titles at my LCS yesterday. When I realized what I was doing I broke out in a cold sweat and looked around nervously to see if anyone had noticed.

Thanks to a lot of the feedback here I CCL I have had my eyes opened to some great stories.

I may even buy a DC title............for curiosity sake of course!

Has CCL had a similar effect on anyone else?
demented_taylor
Friday, August 03, 2007 9:28:46 AM
yes. ive stopped collecting comics from stores that im not that interested in and am now saving up till got $100 dollars to go mad with on comics here. as ill get more for my money here.

stevetuk
Friday, August 03, 2007 9:49:50 AM
Interesting question. What I have done is pick up comics I may not have done previously due to a recommendation on the forums. It hasn't dramatically changed my buying habits as much as my reading habits - my unread stack of books lasts for longer as I'm spending time on CCL. A couple months back I was submitting loads of change requests pretty much daily. I suddenly realised I'd stopped reading comics, so I stopped submitting. I've sent a handful of things through since, but nowhere near like where I was before. Hats off to submitters like jwsimms and Batman007, their submission rate is astonishing!
alten2345
Friday, August 03, 2007 9:57:34 AM
HedgeKnight and I have started suggesting titles to each other we don't normally collect so it's making my habit worse:) CCL has also made me a variant whore because now I can see every damn cover I'm missing alot easier and I'm a completist about my collection so I've been on a huge variant binge since CCL came around.
jamnloki
Friday, August 03, 2007 10:47:36 AM
Groups: Guru, Member
Yeah, it somewhat changed my habits. When I'm putting my books into the system, I see a bunch of issues I need and end up making a list to bring with me to the LCS. It's cool too to see what everybody suggests so I can follow some new books.

R.I.P. Morgan Anthony Jacques

R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

** Make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules **:HERE
punisherfan1138
Friday, August 03, 2007 11:01:19 AM
It's defintely made me a more avid collector. I was never a completest, and now I want every variant!
hedgeknight
Friday, August 03, 2007 11:24:12 AM
It's helped me organize my books and piqued my interest in books that I normally wouldn't like. Also, it has introduced me to some great collectors that have generated some good discussion with me (even negativity can be constructive) and have challenged me to research more on books and to keep up to date on what's out there in the comic book market.
CCL has really juiced me about comics again when I had become seriously jaded with the industry in general.
-g-
Winter is coming...
frankhster
Friday, August 03, 2007 12:14:15 PM
I want to complete my collection into the database so I can have a true idea of what I own. From there I can get rid of the ones I don't want.

I like to see what other's suggest to read and collect.

It's a great product and great community!
punisherfan1138
Friday, August 03, 2007 3:08:19 PM
Oh yeah, and I forgot about it making me obsessed with cataloging every little detail: price paid, condition, staff members, etc. That's all stuff I never really cared about before.

Thank you CCL for enabling my OCD.
jaryd1241
Friday, August 03, 2007 3:56:28 PM
It's made me want to look for more Michael Turner covers. I just got my Ms. Marvel #1 variant in today at a really good price.
stevetuk
Friday, August 03, 2007 5:06:12 PM
The whole sense of community is great. These are the first forums I've ever actively taken part in, and I'm having a blast being a part of it as the whole CCL thing gets bigger and better.
demented_taylor
Friday, August 03, 2007 5:15:15 PM
its starting to kick off now methinks. im actually finding comics i want now! i started in jan and only wanted 200ad, then onto ultimates now i want everything x-men!! got over 4000 comics already!!

The_Ghost
Friday, August 03, 2007 5:39:55 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member
Its made my collecting a lot easier and more organized. Its also got me buying more comics at the LCS every week than I ever have in my life. I've also stopped paying crazy prices for back issues in the stores and find them cheaper on CCL which allows me to increase my collection.

Not only has the CCL affected my collection but so has its members and their posts. I get interested in what you're all talking about and I find myself picking up comics I never thought I would.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
Joe
Sunday, August 05, 2007 10:33:14 AM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber
Love this post! CCL is helping me to fill up holes in my collection that I didn’t even know I had. It has increased my spending habit by at least double every month.

I love the program, but I really love the fact that you guys love it! We are just getting started! We have barely touched the surface of what we want to do here. Just wait till you see some of the systems that we will be putting in place over the next few months to help build this community, as well as introduce fans to new shops that can help them enjoy this great culture!

Sorry, the marketing came out for a minute there. CCL has helped me with story lines, and with understanding how issue runs have evolved and changed over the years. It has helped me enjoy reading some of the various story lines. I used to be a Marvel only fan, but am now enjoying many of the DC titles as well as Marvel.

The negatives of CCL for me is it is that the program is causing my hair to go gray. Also, I have had to work 12 hours a day since we thought of this program, and my entire staff runs to the comic book shop on Wednesday’s instead of working. Other than those things it is all good!

Joe Butler
CEO / Founder

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

demented_taylor
Sunday, August 05, 2007 10:46:48 AM
id be happy to take some of them hours Joe!! you may need people in the UK eventually!

ive actually branched out from british comics into marvel from CCL. also getting into various other comics now. you never know you may make a DC fan of me yet!

coolg35748
Sunday, August 05, 2007 10:51:51 AM
Actually, I just started collecting comics again, yeasterday as a matter of fact. I went to my local comic store the first time yesterday and I bought some comics, old and new. Comic Collector Live is what I think is gonna keep me collecting. With the organizing system it has. I am now devoting alot of cash to collect comics. I am trying to finish the following series now:
World War Hulk (Prologue and issue 1)
52(Week one and two)
Batman Journey into Knight (Issue 1+2)
I will probably finish off batman in my next visit to the shop. I love comics now!
Sundance
Sunday, August 05, 2007 3:13:02 PM
punisherfan1138 wrote:
Thank you CCL for enabling my OCD.
Applause

stevetuk wrote:
The whole sense of community is great.

Joe wrote:
CCL is helping me to fill up holes in my collection that I didn’t even know I had. It has increased my spending habit by at least double every month.

Yeah, I only thought I had a wish list.
S u n d a n c e

"In the end, there can be only one. May it be Duncan MacLeod, the Highlander."
JRaup
Sunday, August 05, 2007 5:52:13 PM
Just organizing and cataloging my collection has changed my routines. Now, once I've read new issues, I enter them into the CCL software. It's cut down on my buying second (or third) copies of recent issues, and has allowed me to better target my back issue purchases. I no long have to hunt through several boxes to figue out if I already have an issue or not.

Plus the board community here is pretty darn good. Between the regular posters and the responsiveness of CCL employees, it's certainly one of the better run boards around, with qualoty posters.
R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

CCL RULES

"Evolution is overrated." - Gorilla Grodd
"So many cross-overs...So many tie-ins..I..need...more...CHARACTER!" - Secret Sacred Wars Roach
CCL Store: JR's Spare Comics
Homepage: www.home.earthlink.net/~deaconblue3
Blog: www.deaconblue.wordpress.com
PSN: JRaup

If you are having trouble logging in, please email helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com for assistance. Be sure to include your user name.
Shadowdodger
Sunday, August 05, 2007 7:09:25 PM
CCL got me really excited about comics again. I was going through my back issues so I could load them into the database remembering what I have. I found myself saying things like "I forgot I had this, I love this book!"

I love having the organization tools to keep my stuff in order.

I've joined other forums, but this is the only one I contribute to. Everyone I've met on here are cool, decent people. That's really hard to find these days. Sure, there have been some passionate discussions on here, but generally I'd have to say I find that most people treat each other well here.
Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
frankhster
Monday, August 06, 2007 3:29:32 PM
Joe wrote:
The negatives of CCL for me is it is that the program is causing my hair to go gray. Also, I have had to work 12 hours a day since we thought of this program, and my entire staff runs to the comic book shop on Wednesday’s instead of working. Other than those things it is all good!

I believe that's called R&DWhistle