Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Buyer's Corner » Shady Seller
Peacefuldragon
Tuesday, June 04, 2013 6:12:51 PM
Groups: Member
Just want to air a complaint I have. Recently purchased some comics from the seller Amazing Cards and Comics. I believe all were supposed to be in nm condition. I got the comics and much to my dismay not ONE comic was anywhere near nm. Some were as low as vg with damage completely down the spine, watermarks etc. Not one book was above fn. I contacted the seller about this and they of course blamed the post office even though the box they came in wasn't damaged at all. I should have checked his feedback because there were numerous complaints on his grading. Oh well. Of course the seller said I could return them at MY expense. Now, if I just changed my mind or if the grading was just off a bit I could see that. But there was no grading. This was a scam plain and simple. So then he offers me a discount. OK fine, so long as it gets resolved right? Well, here is the catch, he will only give the refund if I leave him feedback first. I had no intention of leaving neg feedback if he would make it right and told him that, but he is actually extorting positive feedback before he will give the refund. Just thought I would put this out there so hopefully no one else will fall for it. Geez!
If all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.
freakdylan
Tuesday, June 04, 2013 6:33:41 PM
lol, I recently made a post but left names out.

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=39626

Now it was of course the same seller. The thing that upset me the most was the comic as did the other ones I ordered all had grading sheets in the back that had circles around things to make it vf/NM and yet received a VG comic. The other comics I received were slightly overgraded but not near as bad as the #261

I dont think this seller grades his books, just says they are all NM and hopes for the best later on. I havent left him feedbackon this sale because I wasnt sure 100% if it was error or lazy grading. now I know.

Jim
Tuesday, June 04, 2013 6:35:23 PM
Peacefuldragon wrote:
Just want to air a complaint I have. Recently purchased some comics from the seller Amazing Cards and Comics. I believe all were supposed to be in nm condition. I got the comics and much to my dismay not ONE comic was anywhere near nm. Some were as low as vg with damage completely down the spine, watermarks etc. Not one book was above fn. I contacted the seller about this and they of course blamed the post office even though the box they came in wasn't damaged at all. I should have checked his feedback because there were numerous complaints on his grading. Oh well. Of course the seller said I could return them at MY expense. Now, if I just changed my mind or if the grading was just off a bit I could see that. But there was no grading. This was a scam plain and simple. So then he offers me a discount. OK fine, so long as it gets resolved right? Well, here is the catch, he will only give the refund if I leave him feedback first. I had no intention of leaving neg feedback if he would make it right and told him that, but he is actually extorting positive feedback before he will give the refund. Just thought I would put this out there so hopefully no one else will fall for it. Geez!

You need to contact Steve about this immediately.
Peacefuldragon
Tuesday, June 04, 2013 6:55:11 PM
freakdylan wrote:
lol, I recently made a post but left names out.

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=39626

Now it was of course the same seller. The thing that upset me the most was the comic as did the other ones I ordered all had grading sheets in the back that had circles around things to make it vf/NM and yet received a VG comic. The other comics I received were slightly overgraded but not near as bad as the #261

I dont think this seller grades his books, just says they are all NM and hopes for the best later on. I havent left him feedbackon this sale because I wasnt sure 100% if it was error or lazy grading. now I know.

Yea, I understand getting it wrong here and there, but this is ridiculous. Some of his Nm comics I ordered were worse than your spider-man!
If all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.
b0bafett
Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:51:12 PM
Groups: Guru, Member
Don't leave the feedback. I bet as soon as you do you won't hear from him again.
teh_longinator
Wednesday, June 05, 2013 8:23:24 PM
I can see a VG+ book being listed as FN-, or something like that. A minor misgrading here and there is bound to happen, and because of how subjective it is, it might happen more often than it should.

But there is no reason for this blatent disregard. Maybe he thought NM means that it's a New Modern? Either way, it's saddening to hear both as a collector, and a dude that sells stuff.
Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=