Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » DC Comics » Futures End
Xylob
Tuesday, July 08, 2014 5:37:36 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
SpidermanGeek wrote:
...I dunno.. I'm just tired of seeing 75% of the new threads and post being some form of complaint or another.

There's not enough comic book discussion on here, IMO.
The man has a point.
Are you reading Futures End?
Is it what you expected?
Is it awesome?
Does it suck?

I don't know exactly what I should have expected from the rather vague solicits, but I did expect more Booster Gold - as in more than 1 freakin' panel...
It's a time travel book from DC for cripes sake! How can there be no Booster Gold???

It's a slow burn for sure, which is to be expected from a weekly. I almost dropped it but it actually started going somewhere recently so I'll hold on for a bit longer before I get to the point where I'm only picking up an issue here or there after thumbing through at the rack.

I love the Terry McGinnis as Batman concept so I was excited to learn that he is the Batman in this story, but there hasn't been a whole lot of him so far...
I really never liked Firestorm, and the Firestorm in this title is a total dick. With so much of the story so far being about him, reading it has been a bit like work instead of pleasure for me.

The parts with S.H.A.D.E. are starting to pick up some steam finally.

I really think Ronnie's professor is going to become a "bad guy". He's got the means and the motive.

Howaboutyou?
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
BurningDoom
Tuesday, July 08, 2014 6:28:49 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
The series feels like they're trying to recapture the original 52 series again. Except it's just not as good, at least so far. Everything is moving far too slowly.

Maybe things will pick up as it goes, but I just dropped it on my last order.

Batman Beyond in the current DCU was what had me the most excited. And I like Firestorm. But even those stories have been pretty slow.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SwiftMann
Tuesday, July 08, 2014 6:47:42 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member
Xylob wrote:
Are you reading Futures End?

Nope. Three years in and I still haven't bought a New52 book. I was tempted to get Batman in trade, but even that desire has passed. There's just zero DC appeal for me now. Granted, it was always second or third string for me, but I always checked in on Bat books or GL from time to time.
Tamwood
Tuesday, July 08, 2014 7:12:50 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
None of the characters held any interest for me. I've never been a fan of the Batman Beyond character/concept. Maybe it was just way past my time? I dunno. I've never been a Firestorm fan. And Grifter? I still shake my head at the thought of all those Wildstorm characters being added into the DCU.
Xylob
Tuesday, July 08, 2014 7:22:47 PM
BurningDoom wrote:
The series feels like they're trying to recapture the original 52 series again. Except it's just not as good, at least so far. Everything is moving far too slowly....
I thought the same about 52, but when I got a chance to sit down a couple years ago and read the entire series from beginning to end without having to wait a week between issues it really made a big difference.
But I agree, this seems to be moving much slower, even when I re-read all 10 issues in one sitting.
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.
crackerjack1
Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:47:02 PM
Groups: Member
This series is for the people that miss all of the canceled New 52 books. Firestorm, Deathstroke, StormWatch, Mister Terrific, Sword and Sorcery, Frankenstein, Grifter... and so on.

DC is actually tricking people into buying their leftovers 4 times a month, LOL.
Xylob
Wednesday, July 09, 2014 6:48:09 AM
crackerjack1 wrote:
This series is for the people that miss all of the canceled New 52 books. Firestorm, Deathstroke, StormWatch, Mister Terrific, Sword and Sorcery, Frankenstein, Grifter... and so on.

DC is actually tricking people into buying their leftovers 4 times a month, LOL.
Gotta keep those IPs active...
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

ukblueky
Wednesday, July 09, 2014 10:13:40 AM
I'm actually enjoying it but I don't know why. Firestorm is okay but not one of my top 3, Red Robin is one of my DC favorites, but everyone else featured I could really care less about. Yet it still holds my interest but I couldn't tell you whats really going on. I guess there was a war with Earth-2 and things on Earth-1 got messed up. The Titans were supposed to have died during the war but apparently didn't. For some reason the other heroes thought bad of the Titans. Where are the Tier One heroes? Batman Beyond was trying to go back in time to stop Brother Eye but he has been sent to the wrong year. So he's trying to break into Mr Terrific's company for some reason. When did Mr Terrific become a bad guy? Stormwatch was ripped from the Bleed and then destroyed. S.H.A.D.E. sends Frankenstein, Ray Palmer, and Ametheyst into space to find out who done it and how. But apparently S.H.A.D.E knew all along who or what done it, so why bother with the space mission. Black Adam is in the Phantom Zone, kinda neat side bar to the story. There's a helmeted Superman now. Any bets on who it is. My money is on Superboy. I'm figuring the Titans are gonna play some huge role in this story. So what do all these things have to do with one another? Haven't the faintest. I'll stick with it for awhile longer though. If it was a monthly I would have dropped it after the second issue. I do like the weekly format for comics. It makes reading them more enjoyable.
rook68
Wednesday, July 09, 2014 10:13:52 AM
Tamwood wrote:
None of the characters held any interest for me. I've never been a fan of the Batman Beyond character/concept. Maybe it was just way past my time? I dunno. I've never been a Firestorm fan. And Grifter? I still shake my head at the thought of all those Wildstorm characters being added into the DCU.

Lol. I loved Batman Beyond ever since the cartoon on the WB. I just wished Dick Grayson took the mantle instead of Terry McGinnist. Like it should of been. I am digressing but Dick Grayson was awesome as Batman in Bruce Wayne's absence.
Never been a huge Firestorm fan but there are lamer characters out there. On the power spectrum. He is a powerhouse.
As for Grifter. Grifter, in my opinion, is an awesome character. Not sure he fits in the DC world but I have enjoyed the character since Wildcats. I would like him to square off with Deadshot or become a member of the Suicide Squad.
I did buy Future's End #1 but haven't read it yet. Going to find it and read it sometime today.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

BurningDoom
Wednesday, July 09, 2014 11:18:05 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
rook68 wrote:
Tamwood wrote:

Lol. I loved Batman Beyond ever since the cartoon on the WB. I just wished Dick Grayson took the mantle instead of Terry McGinnist. Like it should of been. I am digressing but Dick Grayson was awesome as Batman in Bruce Wayne's absence.
Never been a huge Firestorm fan but there are lamer characters out there. On the power spectrum. He is a powerhouse.
As for Grifter. Grifter, in my opinion, is an awesome character. Not sure he fits in the DC world but I have enjoyed the character since Wildcats. I would like him to square off with Deadshot or become a member of the Suicide Squad.
I did buy Future's End #1 but haven't read it yet. Going to find it and read it sometime today.

Was there ever a Dick Grayson in the Animated Universe? I remember Tim Drake getting Dick Grayson's origin in the cartoon.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
rook68
Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:43:47 AM
BurningDoom wrote:
rook68 wrote:
Tamwood wrote:

Was there ever a Dick Grayson in the Animated Universe? I remember Tim Drake getting Dick Grayson's origin in the cartoon.

That part of the story was kind of lame. Dick gets shot up by the Joker and Dick retires soon after. He ends up wearing a eye patch. He does end up helping Terry later on but his relationship with Bruce is non-existent. Yeah. Lame.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

roguesquad
Sunday, July 20, 2014 12:49:27 PM
I'm not reading it but I do hope it ends up being another relaunch/reboot of the DC universe. I've been dying to read a Batman book but I want to start on the ground floor.
All That I Need Are Things I Don't Need.
Xylob
Sunday, July 20, 2014 1:14:14 PM
It's not - it's an alternate timeline set 5 years from "now". Pretty sure it'll end with Terry McGinnis doing something that prevents the entire story from ever happening.
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

HeroComics
Sunday, July 20, 2014 1:56:57 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Xylob wrote:
It's not - it's an alternate timeline set 5 years from "now". Pretty sure it'll end with Terry McGinnis doing something that prevents the entire story from ever happening.

+52...Applause
Xylob
Sunday, July 20, 2014 2:01:20 PM
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

ukblueky
Sunday, July 20, 2014 2:08:08 PM
Wait a minute...so its an alternate time line story? Like an Elseworlds? So whats the point then? I didn't know its was an alternate time line. I just thought it was set in the future but on Earth 1. Don't know why I thought this but I did. Guess I'll be dropping it from my pull list. I don't care for alternate universe stories. I'm only interested in reading about stories that happen to the actual heroes. Kinda bummed now but at least I'll save some money.
padreglcc
Sunday, July 20, 2014 3:04:34 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
It may end up being an alternate timeline story, but that's not the way it's being presented at this point.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” —Bryant H. McGill

Problems with the CCL Software or Website? Contact the CCL Helpdesk:
Email: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
Phone: 615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time

Need help with a Change Request? Contact one of the Approvers or check the Change Request Guidelines.

Make sure you understand the Forum Rules
DaLeah96
Sunday, July 20, 2014 10:00:49 PM
Groups: Guru, Member, Reviews Host
Quote:
DC announced that as part of the celebration of The New 52's third anniversary, all ongoing titles published in September 2014 will feature stories that tie in to The New 52: Futures End. DiDio stated "One of the things we wanted to do was not just look at it through the lens of the weekly series, but also take a month and flash forward, and see what the potential futures of all our characters might be in that month. So in that month, you'll get a chance to see where, in the next five years, our characters might finish up or might end up being."

I see DiDio used might a few times, so whether or not its the true timeline or an alternate timeline doesn't seem to be set in stone. Also DC has announced that a new weekly Earth 2: World's End will start right after the event month and will show the events and circumstances that lead to the future depicted in Futures End from the point of view of Earth 2.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here.
Xylob
Monday, July 21, 2014 6:49:58 AM
I bet a shiny new nickel that my theory is spot on, with Terry being the only one who remembers any of it.
Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

LordMikel
Tuesday, September 09, 2014 10:50:43 PM
For those of you still reading this series. This month all comics are a Future's End special. I've not being following the storyline, so is it worth it to get titles that I normally get? For example, Batgirl is on my pull list, should I get the Future's End Batgirl or will I simply be confused.