Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » DC Comics » what DC heros do you HATE? stole this from grandpa

what DC heros do you HATE? stole this from grandpa

2 pages: [1] 2
scaryhead
Monday, August 20, 2007 5:50:25 PM
Groups: Member
i just read grandpa's marvel thred of this same subject, and i was very suprised to see that most everyone hates spider-man and wolverine. i figuered about every marvel fanboy would get the hugest boner for these two characters. other surprises were fantastic four and iron man. i wanna know what DC heros that you just cant stand.

me? i hate vixen. she doesnt need to ge in the jla. geo-force to. i never cared for black canary, and hated it when she became leader of the jla..but shes grown on me. other wize i like just about everybody.
All the comic book video game updates, discussions and roasts a nerd like you could ask for! The Comics Console on ComicAttack.net

@andrewEhurst on Twitter!

spidey0vs0venom
Monday, August 20, 2007 6:09:41 PM
I HATE Superman, he just pisses me off
The_Ghost
Monday, August 20, 2007 6:09:52 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member
Plastic Man

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
scaryhead
Monday, August 20, 2007 6:19:57 PM
spidey0vs0venom wrote:
I HATE Superman, he just pisses me off

thats another thing i dont get. why do alot of people hate superman so much? hes the wolrds greatest superhero. he inspiers everyone to be better than what they think they can be. and people wanna say "well hes to powerfull..he never loses, he always wins" well if you havnt noticed, thats the same for every superhero..they never lose. they always win. every superhero. is it becuz hes not wolverine and hes not an anti-hero or somthing? how can you hate a guy that would give his life to save yours? maybe its the same reason ppl hate john cena..they dont have one.

sorry for the rant.
i wasnt callin you out or anything spidey0vs0venom.
All the comic book video game updates, discussions and roasts a nerd like you could ask for! The Comics Console on ComicAttack.net

The_Ghost
Monday, August 20, 2007 6:24:34 PM
Groups: Guru, Media Host, Member
People probably hate Supes because of his goody goody history. He's not really a dark, kick butt character with a dark past like Batman or Wolverine and that kind of story seems to interest people. I like Superman. I hated him for years until around the mid 90's but he's one of my faves now. I think he gets a bad rap for being so powerful and campy for all those years.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
spidey0vs0venom
Monday, August 20, 2007 6:49:27 PM
No it's cool I understand your points.

I don't like Superman because hes not a relateable character. I understand the part about him being one of the greatest superheroes ever but I can't relate to an alien being whos planet was blown up. I'm not saying I hate every character that isn't relateable but I also don't like him because he doesn't have any real weaknesses besides magic and kryptonite. He doesn't have many real world problems. Supes is to omnipotent

I like Spider-man because the reader can relate to the problems hes having like with his girlfriend or his job and school. He is a relateable character that I enjoy reading.

Actually I really only like the Joker and Batman from D.C.
mike12572
Monday, August 20, 2007 7:57:31 PM
jimmy olson superman lois lane
jaryd1241
Monday, August 20, 2007 8:00:23 PM
spidey0vs0venom wrote:
No it's cool I understand your points.

I don't like Superman because hes not a relateable character. I understand the part about him being one of the greatest superheroes ever but I can't relate to an alien being whos planet was blown up. I'm not saying I hate every character that isn't relateable but I also don't like him because he doesn't have any real weaknesses besides magic and kryptonite. He doesn't have many real world problems. Supes is to omnipotent

I like Spider-man because the reader can relate to the problems hes having like with his girlfriend or his job and school. He is a relateable character that I enjoy reading.

Actually I really only like the Joker and Batman from D.C.

That's exactly why I like Superman. Because he's not so relatable. I want to read comics to take me away from my problems in this world not be reminded of them.
Jordan_theGeek
Monday, August 20, 2007 8:09:38 PM
Impulse

most of the characters of the JSA

Not Talking

jaryd1241
Monday, August 20, 2007 8:12:30 PM
The Joker's Daughter. She just really rubbed me the wrong way . . . sexually,Don't Tell Anyone I kid I kid. Seriously, glad she's dead
Sundance
Monday, August 20, 2007 8:31:48 PM
When I was a kid, Superman was the fave because he could do anything. Now that I'm "grown-up" I don't like the idea of a character that can just do anything just because he shows up. I need conflict for growth. If I wanted easy answer comics I'd read Archie. I don't HATE Supes, I just don't care to follow him.

And is it just me, or do DC villains seem to just give up when the hero tracks them down? (Save the Joker and Sinestro)

To each their own, I guess...
S u n d a n c e

"In the end, there can be only one. May it be Duncan MacLeod, the Highlander."
Shizz
Monday, August 20, 2007 8:34:32 PM
I don't hate but I don't like sups either. It's not because he's "too omnipotent" or something generic like that, it's because he's like the fruitiest badass there is. He could handle any situation there is with his pinky but he still always gets his tail handed to him for some stupid reason I don't undersand. Bats is only human & he seems to whoop more @$$ than sups, whats that about? I know he holds back, but that's what I mean he has too many fruity ideals that keeps him from the greatness that he should be. My fav portrayal of him is in Sup/Bat comic but still he has only grown on me a lil.

I truly hate the creeper though. What's up with this dude? I saw his comeback & wasn't surprised that he didn't last that long.

Also don't realy like anybody on the JSA team except for Powergirl.
scaryhead
Monday, August 20, 2007 8:39:56 PM
Sundance wrote:
When I was a kid, Superman was the fave because he could do anything. Now that I'm "grown-up" I don't like the idea of a character that can just do anything just because he shows up. I need conflict for growth. If I wanted easy answer comics I'd read Archie. I don't HATE Supes, I just don't care to follow him.

And is it just me, or do DC villains seem to just give up when the hero tracks them down? (Save the Joker and Sinestro)

To each their own, I guess...

this is what im talking about. superman cant do anything. he can do alot, but not anything. and yea, theres conflict in his comics, superman size conflict. theres nothing easy about taking down luthor or brainiac. spider-man sure as hell couldnt do it. your theory of "easy anser" comics could be aplied to any character. and i know thers not much i could say to make you like superman, and im not trying to change anyones mind, but it s SUPERMAN. EARTH'S GREATEST HERO. this guy would do anything for you, how can you hate that.

again, sorry for the rant.
and im not trying to call you out or anything sundance.

..i dunno..as lame and as nerdy, and pathetic as it may seem...there arnt alot of things ill get real serius about...but superman hating is one of them..i know it sounds stupid..but..i dunno..its how i am. im sure you guys got a character you'l defend to the death...or maybe im just that lame..

Sundance
Monday, August 20, 2007 9:02:48 PM
No worries, scaryhead. I don't hate him, just not my favorite. I'd defend Batman to the end.
S u n d a n c e

"In the end, there can be only one. May it be Duncan MacLeod, the Highlander."
spidey0vs0venom
Monday, August 20, 2007 9:13:31 PM
I'd defend Spider-man to the death. I absolutely understand reading comics to be taken out of the real world but their problems do make for good stories. The thing that kind of turns me off about DC is the whole rebooting of continuity more than once, Supermans change of powers, it's all very confusing unless you've read it all from the beginning
BurningDoom
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 12:46:11 AM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
Impule-Annoying little brat.
Most of the Legion of Super-Heroes or anyone else with Lad in their name.
Robin

-Nate-
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
firecop322
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:09:59 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
If you think about it really hard, for any company an abundance of charactors with names ending in boy, girl, woman, man, lad or starting with any rank are kind of cheesy. But as some of the other people have stated, these books are here for an escape of the day to day grind.
JRaup
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:35:53 AM
I'll agree on disliking the Legion types. They always annoyed me. I too fall into the "I don;t care for Superman" camp. He's gotten better over the years, but he's only interesting to me in the context of the JLA and team ups. The solo stuff just doesn;t appeal to me at all. I never cared for alot of the "other Leaguers" from the 80's and 90's. People like Hawk and Dove come immediately to mind.
R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN

CCL RULES

"Evolution is overrated." - Gorilla Grodd
"So many cross-overs...So many tie-ins..I..need...more...CHARACTER!" - Secret Sacred Wars Roach
CCL Store: JR's Spare Comics
Homepage: www.home.earthlink.net/~deaconblue3
Blog: www.deaconblue.wordpress.com
PSN: JRaup

If you are having trouble logging in, please email helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com for assistance. Be sure to include your user name.
alten2345
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:58:37 AM
I can't say that I really dislike any DC character, but Superman, when written poorly by a bad writer, just annoys the crap out of me. Oh wait. I do hate one. Red Tornado. That f@*ker borrowed $20 off off of me and still hasn't paid me back. Never trust a robot my friends :)
DrFeelgood
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:31:24 AM
Aquaman just drives me crazy. He is pretty much useless in my opinon, he can swim fast, talk to fish.... thats about it.