Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » Captain America (1990)
BurningDoom
Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:42:43 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member

Tonight's viewing. I used to LOVE this movie as a kid. But I haven't seen it as an adult. We'll see how my adult mind likes this, as I've heard only bad things from other people.

I'll report back what I think here. But I wanted to post this just to see people's thoughts/reactions to it.
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
BurningDoom
Saturday, November 15, 2014 2:09:13 AM
So I finished watching it, and yeah, it's pretty dang terrible. The things that entertained me as a kid. I still think Red Skull looked pretty good for back then, though. That's like the one single good thing I could say about it. Too bad he only kept that look in the terrible WWII sequence.

Funny thing is, apparently my VCR agreed. It ate the tape.
ratrapp
Saturday, November 15, 2014 7:46:54 AM
Groups: Member
it was about as bad as the old spider man tv shows.it's funny how what was great as a kid is so bad as an adult.
DLCOMICS
Monday, November 17, 2014 2:24:06 PM
Groups: Member
Im still in love with this movie I watch it every year at christmas which was when I got it as a kid. This is definitely no where near as bad as the Fantastic four movie that came out then. Punisher from the 90's was actually pretty decent to and stands up to time more than either of these though. I will still never forget the tv pilot for generation x and justice league though shame gen x never got picked up though.
BurningDoom
Monday, November 17, 2014 3:10:52 PM
DLCOMICS wrote:
Im still in love with this movie I watch it every year at christmas which was when I got it as a kid. This is definitely no where near as bad as the Fantastic four movie that came out then. Punisher from the 90's was actually pretty decent to and stands up to time more than either of these though. I will still never forget the tv pilot for generation x and justice league though shame gen x never got picked up though.

I'll agree that Punisher isn't bad. It's not great, but for an 80s action flick, it's not bad either. I can't agree that this Captain America movie is good, though. We're talking about him getting shot in the chest multiple times, just to get out of bed that night and go on a mission. His shield took out an entire guard-tower with the flick of his wrist. That stupid girl that was supposed to be Sharon Carter, what was the point of her character?
Xylob
Monday, November 17, 2014 6:24:17 PM
Groups: Approver, Member
BurningDoom wrote:
...apparently my VCR agreed. It ate the tape.
That's what you get for not going with the vastly superior Laserdisc option!
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

There is only One who is fit to judge me. It most definetely isn't YOU.
Take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by declaring you are greater than the One.